Why 2012 Won't Be The End of The World

2012= 20+1+2= 23.

See? It’s gonna happen and its gonna be bad. Realy bad!

This just proves it.

And what happened to the mayans? They figured it out. Thats why they had to go.

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
BlackLabel wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
BlackLabel wrote:
I still think some shit is gonna go down. I watched an hour long special on the subject on the history channel (not saying im an expert). I dont think the world is going to end, but I still believe there will be some natural disaters.

I’d like to know why as well. Not “picking” on you, just genuinely curious as to why you believe in this so strongly.

I wouldnt say I believe in this strongly. Its just there is alot of evidence to support that something is going to happen.

Go to the link I provided on the first post and click on the geomagnetic reversal link. It has happened many times, yes, but with incredible irregularity. Sometimes it’s 40 million years between shifts, sometimes just a couple of hundred years.

Also, apparently the last time it happened was 780,000 years ago and if our primitive ancestors, homo erectus, survived through it, then why the fuck wouldn’t we? [/quote]

I never said there would be a mass extinction, or the end of the world. I just said I thought something was gonna happen, like earthquakes and tsnunami’s.

If this is the case (and no im not predicting the future) then thats why our fucking ancestors would have survived it.

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
2012= 20+1+2= 23.

See? It’s gonna happen and its gonna be bad. Realy bad!

This just proves it.

And what happened to the mayans? They figured it out. Thats why they had to go.
[/quote]

classic

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
2012= 20+1+2= 23.
[/quote]

So Michael Jordan is gonna fall out of the sky?

I predict its going to rain next week in Canada. Heard it here first folks.

[quote]BlackLabel wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
BlackLabel wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
BlackLabel wrote:
I still think some shit is gonna go down. I watched an hour long special on the subject on the history channel (not saying im an expert). I dont think the world is going to end, but I still believe there will be some natural disaters.

I’d like to know why as well. Not “picking” on you, just genuinely curious as to why you believe in this so strongly.

I wouldnt say I believe in this strongly. Its just there is alot of evidence to support that something is going to happen.

Go to the link I provided on the first post and click on the geomagnetic reversal link. It has happened many times, yes, but with incredible irregularity. Sometimes it’s 40 million years between shifts, sometimes just a couple of hundred years.

Also, apparently the last time it happened was 780,000 years ago and if our primitive ancestors, homo erectus, survived through it, then why the fuck wouldn’t we?

I never said there would be a mass extinction, or the end of the world. I just said I thought something was gonna happen, like earthquakes and tsnunami’s.

If this is the case (and no im not predicting the future) then thats why our fucking ancestors would have survived it.[/quote]

You’re right I predict that there’s probably going to be at least one flood, earthquake, and tornado, at least one in the whole world, every year for the rest of eternity. Let’s see an advanced civilization dig this up in a couple of hundred years and call me a great prophet.

it could have something to do with their calendar converting to ours but the year 2012 in Mayan = 1752 in our number system so idk unless they even used a different number of months than us but the myans prob did since everything in their number system revolved around 360 so since their calender had 360 days verus our ~365 there could be some carry over but i think its only 24 years worth.

but yeah i feel like its just a bunch of hyped up stuff. people will hype up anything they can. especially the history channel, they have apocylapse doc on 24/7 now because people want to watch it. just like ever 9/11 anniversary theres back to back conspiracy episodes and all that stuff.

people like to believe in stuff, they get all hyped up into things too. remember the witch hunts? …yeah people take ideas and run with them, then afterwards they look back and realize how stupid were there…until the next big thing comes along. the 2012 end theory is a trend, like baggy jeans, afros or Eminem.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
it could have something to do with their calendar converting to ours but the year 2012 in Mayan = 1752 in our number system so idk unless they even used a different number of months than us but the myans prob did since everything in their number system revolved around 360 so since their calender had 360 days verus our ~365 there could be some carry over but i think its only 24 years worth.

but yeah i feel like its just a bunch of hyped up stuff. people will hype up anything they can. especially the history channel, they have apocylapse doc on 24/7 now because people want to watch it. just like ever 9/11 anniversary theres back to back conspiracy episodes and all that stuff.

people like to believe in stuff, they get all hyped up into things too. remember the witch hunts? …yeah people take ideas and run with them, then afterwards they look back and realize how stupid were there…until the next big thing comes along. the 2012 end theory is a trend, like baggy jeans, afros or Eminem.[/quote]

The mayans actually had many calendars as well, all based on different scales (e.g. changing of the seasons, astrological events etc.) They didn’t have just one.

Also many of their calendars revolved around systems of 13 days AND 20 days and 9 days etc. Like how we have 7 day weeks, and like 30ish day months. The “Long Count” calendar is the calendar that we are using to predict that all this shit will go down in 2012.

But the thing is we don’t KNOW when this calendar is supposed to reset. For instance, we know that our calendar resets on the 365th day (except for leap year), but theirs might end on 13, or 20 etc.

If it ends on 13, then it will restart on December 23, 2012, BUT if it ends on 20, it’s not supposed to reset till like 8000AD. Not like we can ask them.

The world ended on Y2K. Keep up.

BlackLabel wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
BlackLabel wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
BlackLabel wrote:

Also, apparently the last time it happened was 780,000 years ago and if our primitive ancestors, homo erectus, survived through it, then why the fuck wouldn’t we?

If this is the case (and no im not predicting the future) then thats why our fucking ancestors would have survived it.

You’re right I predict that there’s probably going to be at least one flood, earthquake, and tornado, at least one in the whole world, every year for the rest of eternity. Let’s see an advanced civilization dig this up in a couple of hundred years and call me a great prophet.[/quote]

You do that.

[quote]BlackLabel wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
BlackLabel wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
BlackLabel wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
BlackLabel wrote:

You’re right I predict that there’s probably going to be at least one flood, earthquake, and tornado, at least one in the whole world, every year for the rest of eternity. Let’s see an advanced civilization dig this up in a couple of hundred years and call me a great prophet.

You do that.[/quote]

Just did

Whoever believes anything will happen in 2012 is an idiot. Case closed.

A huge solar flare can hit us at any second, the poles shifting can happen at anytime.

The time between “Global Disasters” such as Ice Ages, Pole Shifts, etc, are so far in between what is the chance it will happen during our 100 year life time when shit like this occurs once every 1+million years.

BlackLabel wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
BlackLabel wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
BlackLabel wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
BlackLabel wrote:

You do that.

Just did[/quote]

Have fun.

[quote]blake2616 wrote:
=)

maybe time only goes forward. because einstein theorized that as you reach the speed of light time slows… but who knows what happens when we exceed it.[/quote]

Too bad it’s against the physical laws to exceed this speed…

WW2 was all hyped up. It was actually just a bar fight.

So was hurricane katrina, a few homes were destroyed, and they had a little flooding, nothing major tho.

You guys are right, 2012 is just a bunch of hyped up BS :slight_smile:

[quote]asusvenus wrote:
blake2616 wrote:
=)

maybe time only goes forward. because einstein theorized that as you reach the speed of light time slows… but who knows what happens when we exceed it.

Too bad it’s against the physical laws to exceed this speed…

[/quote]

Well, there are theories about a particle known as a tachyon that exceeds the speed of light. The only thing is that it cannot travel slower than the speed of light. Part of Einstein’s theories.

But it would be impossible (currently) for us to exceed this speed barrier.

i just refuse to believe that anyone who cant tell that the Spanish on horses were just people on horses and not one being have the genius to accurately predict the end of the world, not to mention that technologically they were a few thousand years behind the rest of civilazation but thats me.

oh yeah…then theres the part about how no one gave a shit about any of this stuff until like 2007 just more evidence of hyping something up because people wouldnt jump behind something thats 20 years away, we can only worry ourselves collectively for 5 years tops then its time to move on.

[quote]pzehtoeur wrote:

Well, there are theories about a particle known as a tachyon that exceeds the speed of light. The only thing is that it cannot travel slower than the speed of light. Part of Einstein’s theories.

[/quote]

I do know about tachyons, however these are only as you said, theoretical particles. Besides, that doesn’t help at all, since you can’t accerlerate normal matter to speeds above C.

Tachyons are weird, I mean, when something is considered “Too unstable to even exist”…

Who wants to go back in time anyways? That’s lame…

The future however, that’s quite posible.

One could take advantage of relativity…

[quote]asusvenus wrote:
pzehtoeur wrote:

I do know about tachyons, however these are only as you said, theoretical particles. Besides, that doesn’t help at all, since you can’t accerlerate normal matter to speeds above C.

Tachyons are weird, I mean, when something is considered “Too unstable to even exist”…

Who wants to go back in time anyways? That’s lame…

The future however, that’s quite posible.

One could take advantage of relativity…[/quote]

i already created a device that lets me travel into the future, the only problem is that it is very slow allowing me to travel at only 1 second at a time, or 1/4 of a mile at a time if im feeling like Vin Disiel.

but if time slows the closer you get to a black hole then isnt it possible (in theory) to get close enough to a black hole for time to slow enough for you so that the difference between you and the rest of the planet could be say at least a couple years…maybe months? since i dont know anything about astro physics i cant really gauge the time difference, just saying.

[quote]BlackLabel wrote:
WW2 was all hyped up. It was actually just a bar fight.

So was hurricane katrina, a few homes were destroyed, and they had a little flooding, nothing major tho.

You guys are right, 2012 is just a bunch of hyped up BS :)[/quote]

except those things actually happened.