Who's Your Favorite Guitarist?

I was just reading the “What’s your favorite Metal Band?” ( Forums - T Nation - The World's Trusted Community for Elite Fitness ) and it got me thinking about why I liked metal. The short answer was the guitar licks. So on that note, who’s everyone favorite guitarist?

Some of mine in no particular order:

Zakk Wylde, Dimebag, SRV, Kirk Hammett (I started learning guitar because of the black album), Chet Atkins

Gilmour

How about John Petrucci?

Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Johnny Thunders, Tom Verlaine [on the strength of Marquee Moon], Jimmy Page, Lil Wayne, Kirk Hammett, Marc Bolan [T. Rex].

There’s a joke in there…and it’s not T. Rex.

[quote]LarryDavid wrote:
Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Johnny Thunders, Tom Verlaine [on the strength of Marquee Moon], Jimmy Page, Lil Wayne, Kirk Hammett, Marc Bolan [T. Rex].

There’s a joke in there…and it’s not T. Rex.[/quote]

Lil Wayne… because he IS a joke.

How about: John Sykes, Ritchie Blackmore, Eric Johnson, Stanley Jordan

[quote]LarryDavid wrote:
There’s a joke in there…and it’s not T. Rex.[/quote]

I was hoping so =P

I’m not really into choosing favorites, but Joe Satriani and Zakk Wylde are definitely very high on my list.

Jimmy Page, Dr Know, Elliot Easton, Jerry Cantrell, Ritchie Blackmore, Gary Moore, Prince.

Oh… and Travis Meeks!

John Frusciante (not the best ever but my favorite):

A very close 2nd to Angus Young:

I think a sticky of a fave guitar thread would be a good idea…KK Downing and Glenn Tipton ftw!

Michael Schenker

Joe Satriani

Sungha Jung (this kid is crazy!)

Dime, Adam D, Nick Hipa

John Frusciante, and the guy from Dream theatre…forget his name now but hes awesome.

What no Eddie Hazel, BB King, Santana or Slash?

I will add Ernie Isley. One of the greatest underrated guitarists.

What? No love for heavy bass lines that could shatter the earth or funky slap?

John Entwistle could take down any guitarist.

Man Hazel is underrated. Mark Knopfler, Hendrix, Nugent, Billy Gibbons, Eddie Van Halen, Randy Rhoads, Brian May .

Jimi Hendrix, Chuck Berry, Stevie Ray Vaughn