Who's Your Favorite 20th Century US President?

And why?

But the catch is that you have to pick a president that’s opposite or closest to opposite of the party you feel closest to.

I’ll come by with an explanation later tonight, but I like Ike.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This is fucking impossible, lol.

I suppose JFK. But let me think more.

From what I know of Ike’s presidency, I like Ike too.

1. Guy’s a realist.
  2. He built the highway system.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]magick wrote:
From what I know of Ike’s presidency, I like Ike too.

1. Guy’s a realist.
  2. He built the highway system.
    [/quote]

So? Hitler made the trains run on time.

[/quote]
That was said about Mussolini, not Hitler. And what makes it a joke is the fact that the trains didn’t actually run on time.

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:
And why?

But the catch is that you have to pick a president that’s opposite or closest to opposite of the party you feel closest to.

I’ll come by with an explanation later tonight, but I like Ike. [/quote]

Hmm. Opposite party eh? I’m going to have to go with either Ike or JFK. Ike built a ton of the infrastructure we have that’s run well into its 75th year, he really didn’t do a ton of extremely controversial things (noted that you can always generate controversy over anything in politics so “spirit of the law” applies to my statement rather than letter).

JFK gets points for the way he addressed the country candidly for the Cuban crisis and for starting the program that could arguably have led to the biggest technology boost of the century outside WW2 in the space race. That’s a big one for me because a large, large chunk of the things we take for granted now were pretty much invented/beta tested/proofed/conceived of in the space race. Changed things forever–materials science, everything.

I’d say JFK. He stood up to the Russkies and was smart enough to realize lowering taxes benefited the country.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

Hmm. Opposite party eh? I’m going to have to go with either Ike or JFK. [/quote]

Huh? Those fellers were in opposite parties. You’re not playing the game correctly.
[/quote]

I’m not affiliated :slight_smile:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

Hmm. Opposite party eh? I’m going to have to go with either Ike or JFK. [/quote]

Huh? Those fellers were in opposite parties. You’re not playing the game correctly.
[/quote]

I’m not affiliated :)[/quote]

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:

[/quote]
[/quote]

On monday, wednesday, friday I’m a blue dog democrat. On tuesday, thursday, saturday I’m republican. Sundays I’m apathetic. You’re taking all the fun out of playing both sides.

“That’s right Bobby, that bitch from Some Like it Hot!”

–JFK

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:
“That’s right Bobby, that bitch from Some Like it Hot!”

–JFK[/quote]

Hahahahaha.

• “That’s right bawbby…”

Truman had the balls to pull the trigger. That kind of makes me begrudgingly respect him.

[quote]doogie wrote:
Truman had the balls to pull the trigger. That kind of makes me begrudgingly respect him.[/quote]

I think you’re confused . Yr

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[quote]doogie wrote:
Truman had the balls to pull the trigger. That kind of makes me begrudgingly respect him.[/quote]

I think you’re confused . Truman lost Korea because hre did’ nt have the balls to allow
MacArthur to attack the north or attack any North Korean warship in South Korean waters. He then promptly fired MacArthur and lost the war leading to Vietnam. Yeah a real set of balls’ !

Picture of a village idiot

photos.