Who's Using Leucine?

Drizzt- Don’t know if you’ve read the research on leucine but 10 grams after you workout is probably a waste. It has very diminishing effects after 4-5 grams.

I mix mine in the blender with a splash of orange juice, it masks the taste, which I find unpleasant, very well.

[quote]spadesofaces wrote:
PonceDeLeon wrote:
I am thinking about stacking ReceptorMax with Leucine and Insulinomics…

I’ll post a report if I do that.

This interests me. How would you eat on that?[/quote]

Moderate to High carb. I don’t see why you wouldn’t want to take advantage of A) the anabolic effect of a high protein, high carb meal
B) the carb intake when you are on an insulin sensitizing supplement such as Receptormax

I’d take the ReceptorMax before meals as suggested, with the other two taken at meal time.

i just started taking it in 3g pill form with meals because of my surgery.

i can’t do much more than pushups for now. i seemed to be losing muscle until i started leucine. now i’m not losing any if anything i may be gaining some.

Who cares what it tastes like? The stuff works and that’s all that matters! I am finishing up my first 450g tub this week. On a 500 calorie deficit, my weight has stayed steady at 175 lbs and body fat is dropping. Last month I went thru a complete overhaul of my program.

This is the only new supplement I introduced so far; For an early Christmas present I bought myself all new Biotest products (L-leucine, Flameout, Surge Recovery, Surge Workout Fuel, ReceptorMax & Superfood)and plan on starting them 2 at a time, every 2 weeks.

Started the diet in Waterbury’s Huge in a Hurry Lean Phase and 5g L-Leucine at 4 meals. Will introduce Surge Workout Fuel & Surge Recovery starting Monday and Flameout/Superfood following that. ReceptorMax comes last. 11-T if I feel I need to go there. With the results the L-Leucine is bringing, I ordered another batch and I can’t wait to start the rest!

Throw the 5g spoonful in your mouth and wash it down with water. If you can’t handle that, get your vaginitis checked out asap.

[quote]Drizzt wrote:
I dont see the problem with the taste of pure leucine, everybody has different taste buds.

However I’ve heard of some people masking it with eggs.[/quote]

I use it in my eggs, oatmeal and cottage cheese but it does taste like shit by itself.

And it does not mix well at all in water.

I put the Leucine directly into my mouth instead of sprinkling it. It doesn;t taste great but I just wash it down with something to drink and it’s not that bad.

As far as results? Who knows? I am taking other stuff too so I just have faith in the product and train.

It’s like the Rez-V and Receptormax–it’s hard to tell exactly what benefits you are receiving immediately. Unlike, the Spike and Surge Workout Fuel where you know right away what you are paying for.

this was one supplement that really really intrigued me. i had some bulk leucine laying around and decided to give it a shot using the recommended way that T-Nation has prescribed.

i’m very happy with it!!

i’ve been using it for about 2 months with my meals and it’s not something you feel immediately at all, but my results are undeniable. i’ve been watching intake a bit to lose some body fat and went from 220 at 12% to about 215 at 7% in 2 months. i didn’t notice the crazy pumps that CT said, but did notice that my muscles seem to “pop” more… if that means anything. definitely a lot fuller. keep in mind though that i’ve also been using pepto pro as my PWO protein of choice, which seemed to help a lot as well. the leucine took my results further.

personally, this is one supplement that i will always keep in my arsenal now. which is as follows:

whey (which i mix with micellar casein for meals),
casein (micellar and hydrolyzed),
leucine,
fish oil,
greens product,