Who's Tried Carb Cycling?

i just want to know if anyone here has tried it? results?

im asking because im planning to do it for about three months

another question is

after 4 weeks of cycling should i cut the carbs?

example january my high carb day will be 340g,moderate will be 270,and low will be 200, plus one day of no carbs

so should feb look like this?

high=300 moderate=220 low=150

What are your goals? To gain size or the lean down?

[quote]elusive wrote:
What are your goals? To gain size or the lean down?[/quote]

im trying to get lean

I’ve carb cycled before to get lean, it works very well as long as your calories are in check. Justin Harris uses a carb cycle with his clients and the results speak for themselves. My only complaint is that (FOR ME) it is mentally tough to eat less carbs on certain days than others. I love carbs too much to tease myself a few days a week. lol. Anyways, do you mean cut down on carbs after 4 weeks or cut them out completely?

I don’t see why you’d cut them out entirely. You cut down your carbs as your weight drops and progress stalls. You might not need to drop carbs at all or you might need to drop them after week 1.

It’s the perfect type of dieting for a carb-sensitive, chub-prone endomorph like myself.

I’ve been doing it for about 4.5mo with good success. But I wasn’t trying to get lean, I was bulking. I gained about 10lbs while doing it. It takes longer…but I didn’t get super bloated.

If you’re going to try and get lean…then make sure your caloric levels are just below your maintenance levels. They started going about the carb levels was: High, Med, No/Low carbs. (200,100,50/almost none) But since I’m gaining my “low/no” days are more like 110g…oh well.

It’s a great diet program for sure. The mental side talked about above was a bit of a bitch for me too (same reasoning), but I was able to get over it after a few weeks. I still find the low days super boring but…gotta keep the eyes on the prize.

thanks for all the input bros

dont’ know much about carb-cycling, as i’ve never tried it myself. at first glance, though, your plan looks a bit high-carb in general… as it is, you are getting on oyur high carb days, over 1300 calories from carbs alone.

i don’t know that 200 grams of carbs is low-carb in anybody’s book, on any day.
as i understood it, carb-cycling was supposed to give you the benefits of low-carb without letting your body adapt to low-carb.

wouldn’t you want to either lower the whole plan (i.e. high carb is 150g, medium is 100g, low is 50g) or at least use a broader range starting from the same place (so high carb is 340g, medium is 175 g, low is 50g)? sorry if i’m missing something here… but this sounds much better to me…

also, what are your other macros like? and how many calories are you taking in? are you going low-calorie too? or are you gonna try this on a high calorie diet for some reason?..

i’d love to see a more complete breakdown of your plan, because to be honest, i’m not sure that the one you’ve written about above will actually do much in terms of weight loss.

it seems to me like a random fat American’s diet: somedays i eat really high carb, others i eat less high carb but still high carb, and other days i just eat pretty high carb, but it’s all basically random.

dan

I’ve done crab loading. I used the technigue in jay robbs fat burning diet. It leaned me out nice.

[quote]slimthugger wrote:
I’ve done crab loading. I used the technigue in jay robbs fat burning diet. It leaned me out nice.[/quote]

Hahahaha nice typo!

er it WAS a typo wasn’t it?

[quote]Old Dax wrote:
slimthugger wrote:
I’ve done crab loading. I used the technigue in jay robbs fat burning diet. It leaned me out nice.

Hahahaha nice typo!

er it WAS a typo wasn’t it?[/quote]

oops…lol, def a typo, i’m allergic to crab.

Crab Cycle.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Crab Cycle.[/quote]

lol

Your 280lbs at 5ft 10" with low enough bodyfat ???

Are you being serious ? You must be a frigging monster there were Mr. O’s who were smaller than you…

Honestly, if thats your stats SURELY you know your body well enough to know what you need to do… carb cycling is what CT reccomended to Prof X. and i’ll be following it when i decide to lean out… but 280lbs at 5ft10" ???

[quote]LiarPantsOnFire wrote:
dont’ know much about carb-cycling, as i’ve never tried it myself. at first glance, though, your plan looks a bit high-carb in general… as it is, you are getting on oyur high carb days, over 1300 calories from carbs alone.

i don’t know that 200 grams of carbs is low-carb in anybody’s book, on any day.
as i understood it, carb-cycling was supposed to give you the benefits of low-carb without letting your body adapt to low-carb.

wouldn’t you want to either lower the whole plan (i.e. high carb is 150g, medium is 100g, low is 50g) or at least use a broader range starting from the same place (so high carb is 340g, medium is 175 g, low is 50g)? sorry if i’m missing something here… but this sounds much better to me…

also, what are your other macros like? and how many calories are you taking in? are you going low-calorie too? or are you gonna try this on a high calorie diet for some reason?..

i’d love to see a more complete breakdown of your plan, because to be honest, i’m not sure that the one you’ve written about above will actually do much in terms of weight loss.

it seems to me like a random fat American’s diet: somedays i eat really high carb, others i eat less high carb but still high carb, and other days i just eat pretty high carb, but it’s all basically random.

dan[/quote]

yeah, i’m going to do the 0/50/100/150

[quote]slimthugger wrote:
Old Dax wrote:
slimthugger wrote:

Hahahaha nice typo!

er it WAS a typo wasn’t it?

oops…lol, def a typo, i’m allergic to crab.[/quote]

loaded crab sounds delicious

whats your recipe?

[quote]300andabove wrote:
Your 280lbs at 5ft 10" with low enough bodyfat ???

Are you being serious ? You must be a frigging monster there were Mr. O’s who were smaller than you…

Honestly, if thats your stats SURELY you know your body well enough to know what you need to do… carb cycling is what CT reccomended to Prof X. and i’ll be following it when i decide to lean out… but 280lbs at 5ft10" ???[/quote]

yeah, those are real stats

i’ve been wrestling and doing lifting basically since i was 5, im 20 now, so basically a 150 year clean bulk lol

my family has sick genes, my bro is 6’4 270

i’m definitely tryin to hit single digits in body fat though, i’m not going to think about competing until then