Who's the Strongest Nation?

[quote]F13 wrote:
sob440 wrote:

I don’t mean to sound rude, however, as I mentioned previously I live in Ukraine and when I lived in the US (went to school there for five years) it drove me crazy when people asked me where I am from and five minutes later would say “oh, you are from Russia, right?” And then when I would say no, I’m from Ukraine, I would hear “well, isn’t it a part of Russia?” My answer ususally was: Is Florida a part of Texas?
Hm, I actually miss those days…[/quote]

Don’t feel bad, I was talking to a FedEx call centre representative the other day and he didn’t know which state Buffalo or Niagara Falls were in (and yes he was in the US).

hello there,

Well, I’m originally from “all Pudzianowkfolk” land.
I reckon I know a thing or two about strength sports department in Europe.

As far as I am concern, Russia would be Numero Uno. This may not be so apparent when you watch Strongman competition, however, you need to take into account a massive number of Olympic lifters.
when it comes to Olympic lifting - south-east Europe (Bulgaria, Turkey - is it really Europe?? - Greece, GEORGIA - ex Russian republic - should be clearly distinguished!

Powerlifting - Again, Russia, Ukraine, Poland, All Scandinavian nations.
You may want to disagree, however, note that we do NOT compete outside IPF (good or bad) and who does, or tries, can not comeback to IPF again (and this IS stupid), but you are actually paid dome money for competing, there some prizes to be won, federation sponsorships, travel costs refunded, etc… so they protect their shit!

Strongman competition - well, Poland, Scandinavian countries, Ukraine, Litvenia other Baltic Countries.

And the most important why??

The TRADITIONs in strength sports to start with.

But probably the most important factor contributing to all this is still STICKING to the basis!!! There are still few gyms most of you know in West Europe, and I guess in USA - I am taking about geeky, puffy equipment and pinky dumbbells max 24 lbs, with bosus and Swiss balls and colorful rubber coated 10-15 lbs bars, with NO squat racks, no real Olympic bars, but 2 pieces of Smith Machines and a several rows of cardio machines equipped with mini tv screens and headphones as standard.

In Poland you can not extensively find it. I suspect, it would be even more difficult in any other countries.
I mean there?s hardly NO treadmills, No cross-trainers, some occasional Bikes, and little of FANCY resistance machines. And I am soooo pleased people do not really know it so far. (there are these stupid trends of cardio best for fat loss, and “Weider?s systems”-whatever they are).
Normally in the gym you?ll get full range of pulleys, Olympic Bars with stacks of bumper plates (for some reason there?s NO castiron ones, and sets of Dumbbells and chin-up bars

Unfortunately, the trend is NOT good. Spin and “fitness marketing” rules, and I am afraid that all the “bad-ies” will flood Eastern/Central Europe shortly, too.

But, before it happens, will continue to kick your ass for a few more years!!

I would say that the conjuncture of all the former Soviet nations would rape just about anyone as far as being the strongest nation. Since they are dissipated my vote would have to go Iceland for absolute strength.

btm62

The comment was that this thread resembles the common 3rd grade conversation of, my dad is stronger than your dad, or my dad could beat up your dad, etc.

I didn’t think it was trying to start a war, nor was I trying to, just found the thread amusing, and an extension of the conversations I hear in our young athlete groups…very similar.

And if you are going to tell someone to stfu, then you best research who you are chatting with. As my MMA instructor used to say, “he isn’t brave, just too dumb to know better.”

To tell someone you don’t know to stfu, is dumb… and, you are defined by your actions.

Notice that I have no idea who you are, hence I would never tell you to stfu, because I am not dumb. (Plus it is base.)

You could be some giant, intelligent, corn-fed Nebraska wrestling beast… or you could be some internet guy telling people he doesn’t even know to stfu…

Good chat btm62, I don’t want to keep you from WWE or WWF.

Funny that your name would lead me to think you might be Tom Mys from Elite, but from what I know, he wouldn’t jump to conclusions while being ignorant of my meaning…

Anyway, I think I will now stfu. My visit has once again really added to my knowledge…

ha!

Jumanji