Who's the Strongest American?

so i was looking at pics of the arnold and saw a pic of Derek Poundstone doing the hummer tire deadlift with I think like 913 and below the picture read americas strongest man.

Acouple days before that I had watched a video on youtube of
Kevin Knee DLing what they said was 950.

So who is the strongest american,besides that big guy at your gym

Should your question be which American has the biggest deadlift? You seem to be equating strongest deadlift to strongest overall.

dereck poundstone is currently “Americas Strongest Man”. as in he is the last person to win that competition. hence the words below the picture.

www.powerliftingwatch.com/records/900-pound-deadlift

The strongest American (and human being) of all time is Paul Anderson. The guy Squatted 1200+ pounds… RAW!!!

Yes it was a failed post.i wikipedia’d poundstone right after posting and pretty much answered my own question.

Lets say knee and poundstone did a strongman type competition.Who is stronger

poundstone would destroy nee. Nee still has alot of room for improvement, but he is not at poundstone’s level yet.

It’s Kevin “NEE”, not “knee”.

Also, off the top of my head Nee and Poundstone both competed at 2008 World’s Strongest Man. Not that just one competition means anything.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
It’s Kevin “NEE”, not “knee”.

Also, off the top of my head Nee and Poundstone both competed at 2008 World’s Strongest Man. Not that just one competition means anything.[/quote]

I was scrolling down and saw Nee and realised i was spelling it knee,wtf.

I think Nee is gonna be a great competitor in a few more years.

[quote]TYPE2B wrote:
The strongest American (and human being) of all time is Paul Anderson. The guy Squatted 1200+ pounds… RAW!!![/quote]

L-O-L.

Poundstone is the best American strongman right now. The strongest American of all time? My 2 cent toss a coin between Don Reinhoudt or Bill Kazmaier.

Poundstone would dominate Kaz most likely. I think all the new strongmen would go back to the 80’s and dominate. They are too specifically well prepared for the events not to mention the advances in training etc so they probably squat, deadlift and bench etc more too.

[quote]horsepuss wrote:
So who is the strongest american,besides that big guy at your gym [/quote]

But but…that big guy at my gym is one of the strongest…He’s in PL Watch’s 900lb DL hall of fame :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]thosebananas wrote:
dereck poundstone is currently “Americas Strongest Man”. as in he is the last person to win that competition. hence the words below the picture.

[/quote]

No. Jason Krystal is the last person to win americas strongest man. In all fairness though, Poundstone and Ortmayer were competing in another contest at the time.

Mark Henry definitely deserves mention. Although he isn’t competing currently, the man has done some amazing things.

My vote is Mark Henry for all-time strongest. If he specialized entirely in one strength sport he could have set some records, not that he didn’t anyways.

Nice work on Mark Henry,He currently holds the combined weightlifting and powerlifting total I beleive.

But I am more meaning the strongest right now.

Pyrros Dimas and Idalberto Arranda are both extremely strong. Pyrros squatted 700 raw ATG at a bodyweight of 181. Idalberto on the other hand, has squatted 680x2 with just knee wraps at 150. They’re the strongest as far as pound for pound.

Strongest American? Mark Henry and Paul Anderson in my opinion. Mark holds the world record in the raw squat and DL, Paul Anderson is… he is in his own league. Not even Mark Henry could overpower the guy.

Current strongest man as of right now is Hossein Rezazadeh. Please google him if you don’t know.

[quote]TYPE2B wrote:
Pyrros Dimas and Idalberto Arranda are both extremely strong. Pyrros squatted 700 raw ATG at a bodyweight of 181. Idalberto on the other hand, has squatted 680x2 with just knee wraps at 150. They’re the strongest as far as pound for pound.

Strongest American? Mark Henry and Paul Anderson in my opinion. Mark holds the world record in the raw squat and DL, Paul Anderson is… he is in his own league. Not even Mark Henry could overpower the guy.

Current strongest man as of right now is Hossein Rezazadeh. Please google him if you don’t know.[/quote]

What a useless post. He asks for Strongest AMERICAN and you give 2 foreigners, then two guys who havent competed in years, one of whom is dead, then another foreigner.

If you wanna say “Mark Henry, even tho he hasnt competed in a while, i just think he’s so genetically blessed he’s still our strongest” then fine, say that. Also, the more i read about anderson the more dubious some of his feats seem

KBCThird please don’t insult me. You’re hurting my feelings.

[quote]TYPE2B wrote:
KBCThird please don’t insult me. You’re hurting my feelings.[/quote]

You’re a troll. You deserve everything you get.

And by the way, bullshit on a guy squatting 4.5x bodyweight for 2 reps raw.

And WTF… Reza isn’t even the strongest weightlifter alive at the moment, so get your facts straight.

[quote]TYPE2B wrote:

Current strongest man as of right now is Hossein Rezazadeh. Please google him if you don’t know.[/quote]

I dont care about iranians!!!

[quote]Hanley wrote:
TYPE2B wrote:
KBCThird please don’t insult me. You’re hurting my feelings.

You’re a troll. You deserve everything you get.

And by the way, bullshit on a guy squatting 4.5x bodyweight for 2 reps raw.

And WTF… Reza isn’t even the strongest weightlifter alive at the moment, so get your facts straight.[/quote]

Hanley, that post even hurt my feelings more that KBCThird… I’ll quit posting in this thread. I am very sorry.