Who's Spiked??

Since Spike has been out for some time now, I’d like to get some feedback from those of you that have given it an extended test drive. Specifically, a subjective epitome of the good, bad and ugly on what you’ve experienced in terms of performance enhancement (cognitive/physical), negatives (hangover, crash), etc…

Do you use it everyday or just on occasion? If just on occassion, why? Any specific anecdotes would be great.

Thanks,

G

user when needed

zero side effects

limit my use due to cost

I love Spike. I really do seem to have better training sessions when taking it. Powerdrive works well for me too but I don’t get the buzz or “feel it” as much as Spike.

I am taking Biotest’s thermonuclear HOT-ROX Extreme now and yes you can take caffeine free Spike with it cuz TC said so. No kidding, really I mean it’s OK.

Along with “Metabolic Drive” see Metabolic Drive, Spike is my favorite Biotest Supplement and that says a lot considering how much ass MAG-10 kicked.

That ever coming soon Biotest product compatibility cross reference chart would be awesome.

I’ve used Spike for a while now and I love it. I use it for workouts and even tried it in the bed room and both give awesome results. I do notice two things when I’m on it, one, about 20 minutes after I pee it smells like Spike and second I get small dizzy spells for 3-4 seconds.

If you need a stimulant than Spike is the shit, hands down better than anything I’ve ever tried.

Great long-term stimulate and focus agent. Only use it when I ‘need’ it (long distance (8+ miles) runs; veryintense weight or study sessions, etc). According to my brother, who blew thorugh a bottle in a month, you can pick up a tolerance to the point where it doesn’t do much.

I’ve only used the old stuff, but just bought the ‘new’ Spike (with yohimbe). Will see how this works eventually, but for now am using an HRX cycle.

Powerdrive is good,b ut I think of Power Drive as being useful for shorter stints (ie, sprint workouts, short, heavy lifting (deadlift days,etc))…Spike’s effects last longer for me – 3-4 hours, typically.

I’ve been using Spike consistently since January. Only on workout days. My training effort and intensity has jumped through the roof. No bad side effects. No crashes.

I wish I was but I cant be!

I’ve had the same bottle for about 3 months now.

I’ve been using Spike! for quite awhile now as well. I use it on workout days for sure, and also on some days in which I’m up super early. I’ve never noticed any negative side effects, or “crashes” with it.

This is with the old version, and I still have about a bottle and a half before I get to try the newest version of it.

-Matt

Spike is pretty awesome. I’ve used it for about 6 months now, 2 before every weight session. 3 on days when I’m going to do something really crazy. I feel like I don’t want to leave the weight room, and when I’m off Spike I definetely miss the buzz you have. It makes me want to rip shit off the walls.

Spike isent soemthing that should be takin everyday, i personally take it on those days where going to lift seems like a chore adn it gives you the ultimate workout.

also taking 1 or 2 tablets befor a game also does wonders.

only bad thing about Spike is if you take it at night, dont expect to get to sleep untill the AM

Only use it when completely depleted.

Zero side effects

No crash

It is as if I am connected to the plug socket.

I’m wired and alert until 3 am having taken it 7 am.

Powerful sexual drives.

[quote]Gnostic wrote:
Since Spike has been out for some time now, I’d like to get some feedback from those of you that have given it an extended test drive. Specifically, a subjective epitome of the good, bad and ugly on what you’ve experienced in terms of performance enhancement (cognitive/physical), negatives (hangover, crash), etc…

Do you use it everyday or just on occasion? If just on occassion, why? Any specific anecdotes would be great.

Thanks,

G [/quote]

I have used it since it was introduced and the tablet form kicks in much quicker than the caps did. I have not used the caffeine-free tabs yet, but it is a great all-round booster of energy and mood. I use it mostly at the end of the workday when I have to watch the kids late, and sometimes during the day if needed. I love it, one tab and I’m good to go for hours. I personally find I need more than one tab for lifting, but one does the trick for everything else. I did feel a bit of a tolerance when I took it daily for a while, but I think that may have been from the caffeine, I am really looking forward to trying the caffeine-free version, both when I need it and for workouts (when I start lifting again). I think I’ll try one of each for training, I’ve a hunch that will work out great.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
I wish I was but I cant be![/quote]

Any particular reason that precludes you from doing so (that you can share)?

I’m taking the DeCaff version currently and so far it’s a thumbs up! If I want the extra bump, I take it with a small cup of coffee…I do like the ability to add the caffeine at my discretion.

I tried to take the old (caffeinated) Spike 5 days out of 7, but after a while the effect decreased and later on I felt exhausted (but I feel the same if I take large doses of caffeine every day for a long time).
It did however alter the mood towards positive thoughts in a very significant amount.

Now I’m only taking it occasionally and it has almost no effect on the mood, but it does influence the mind pretty strongly.

It brings the mind into sharp focus. No jitters. The perceptions are extremely clear, there’s even a subjective impression that the light sources in the room are brighter than normal. The mind is extremely stable, it stays wherever you tell it to look, it does not wander.
There’s no perceivable effect on the physical level, everything happens in the mind.

I am looking forward to the new caffeine-free Spike as I’m a bit of an over-responder to caffeine.

[quote]Gnostic wrote:
PGA200X wrote:
I wish I was but I cant be!

Any particular reason that precludes you from doing so (that you can share)?

I’m taking the DeCaff version currently and so far it’s a thumbs up! If I want the extra bump, I take it with a small cup of coffee…I do like the ability to add the caffeine at my discretion.[/quote]

There’d only be two reasons why- no cash or he’s taking HRX.

Headaches from it after 2 days of consecutive use. Big migranes.

I know I’m going to get hated on for saying this , but I did not like Spike.

I love my Stimulants but I found that Spike both did not give me the needed kick and I deveopled a tolerance very quickly.

Now saying that I LOVED it for getting me through a long day . I Liked the fact that I didnt crash but slowed to a normal level.

Like I said I bought It looking to replace ECA’s for pre-wrkout but found it didnt compare ( for me anyways ) . Again I also have and still do use alot of stimulants so my experiance is probably alot different than others.

Great product , just not for me .

Bean

I love it. I’m using HotRox so right now I cant use it. But I miss it,and it will be a + variable in my training once the HOT-ROX is gone.

[quote]Alpha F wrote:
Only use it when completely depleted.

Zero side effects

Powerful sexual drives.[/quote]

Please feel free to elaborate on the latter. :slight_smile: And wouldn’t that be a side effect?

“Completely depleted” how? As in not having any energy to even walk normally?