Who's Kicking Butt With New Para-Wkout Protocol?

[quote]m1sf1t wrote:
mcook123 wrote:
I just placed my order for the stuff today to be shipped Priority, so hopefully it will be here Monday. Due to my lack of access to Anaconda and my inability to keep down any of the brands of CHY, I will be modifying it somewhat to look like this:

W-90: 2 caps Alpha-GPC
W-45: 2 FINiBARs
W-30: 2 scoops Surge Workout Fuel
W-15: 2 scoops Surge Recovery
During workout: sip 2 scoops Surge recovery throughout
W+60: 2 scoops Grow!

I went ahead and ordered a 2 month supply of everything and the cost minus the Grow! (since I already have an ample supply) was $356. If this works half as well as the marketing I will definitely use this long term (adding Anaconda in place of the workout Surge and Grow! when it comes out). I will post my results after giving the protocol a try.

I’ve been using that same protocol with the only difference that I only eat 1 FINiBAR beforehand, so far I’m up close to 10 pounds with no visual increase in bodyfat (the mirror and my pants being the only indicators). I’ve never given a shit about “the pump”, but I have definitely noticed a difference, specially after squatting and my upperbody workouts. The strength gains I attribute them to my own awesomeness and 5/3/1, but stacking Alpha-GPC with Spike is the ultimate igniter (or liquid crack, as I call it)… I wouldn’t train without it![/quote]

How much do you spend a month on supplements?

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
JamesBrawn007 wrote:
Have created a version based on available supplements in the UK. Thankfully this now includes Peptopro (casein hydrosylate), which I took delivery of earlier this week. My own version is:

30 mins before: 20g palatinose; 20g dextrose; pinch electrolytes; 2g citrulline malate; 2g beta alanine; 5g creatine; 3g leucine (JB’s version of Workout Fuel!)

15 mins before: 40-60g dextrose; 3g leucine; 15g whey hydrosylate

During: 25g Peptopro

60 mins after: 12g whey hydrosylate; 3g leucine

Also protein pulse every morning before breakfast with 3g leucine and 12g whey hydrosylate. May add another as a lunch replacement.

Why are you running 12g:3g HWP:leucine when a pulse calls for 50:10?

BBB[/quote]

BBB: I think you glossed over my post to you above my accident?..Can you please have a look and respond mate?

Also, above you stated you meant protein and veggies? Can you read my post and clarify if you meant eat protein and veggies all the time save the para and post wkout window?

Thanks big guy.
TB :slight_smile:

[quote]JamesBrawn007 wrote:
Have created a version based on available supplements in the UK. Thankfully this now includes Peptopro (casein hydrosylate), which I took delivery of earlier this week. My own version is:

30 mins before: 20g palatinose; 20g dextrose; pinch electrolytes; 2g citrulline malate; 2g beta alanine; 5g creatine; 3g leucine (JB’s version of Workout Fuel!)

15 mins before: 40-60g dextrose; 3g leucine; 15g whey hydrosylate

During: 25g Peptopro

60 mins after: 12g whey hydrosylate; 3g leucine

Also protein pulse every morning before breakfast with 3g leucine and 12g whey hydrosylate. May add another as a lunch replacement.

[/quote]

Interesting JB, that’s a decent take. Any reason you chose dextrose to combine with the palatinose, and not the rice oligodextrin?

Thanks.

[quote]InTheZone wrote:
skohcl wrote:
Yeah, I’m liking it. Though I’m not using the full protocol as I’m in a semi-fat loss/maintenance stage of my lifting right now. But the flood of nutrients surrounding my workouts is definitely helping. Though I wasn’t taking anything pre-post or during before, so could be due to that as well.

Ok, lol, I want to ask about your alteration to the protocol, but part of me is on the fence with your last sentence friend. :slight_smile: Good on you to address the window of opportunity for your muscles finally though!!

What [/quote]

I was trying to maximize fat loss on a Keto diet so I wasn’t having any carbs evar! Cept the weekend for glygogen replenishment and sanity :wink:

Anyways, I’m basically just taking 1 of everything, goes back to a statement CT said about it being good for gaining/maintaining muscle during a fat loss phase.

So I’m basically no/low carb all day, cept para-workout. And I’ve been trying different things as far a what I taking during my workout is concerned, like taking just 20g CH during workout, or 20g CH + a creatine/bcaa matrix or CH + SWF, I think I’ll go back to CH + SR because I tend to get a drop in energy without it. Though I’m not too fond of the extra carbs/cals, guess I’ll have to see it as a benefit to my muscles and not an inhibitor to my fat loss.

BBB[/quote]

Does it? I was under the impression this was sufficient. CT has stated 12g of CH is enough for a pulse. Now I recognise WH is a slightly different beast but I wouldn’t have thought it would make too much difference. In addition, Biotest state 3-5g of leucine is sufficient per dose so I’v gone for the lower end of the benchmark.

[quote]InTheZone wrote:

Interesting JB, that’s a decent take. Any reason you chose dextrose to combine with the palatinose, and not the rice oligodextrin?

Thanks.[/quote]

Simply down to costs and availability. I just fininished a tub of Surge Workout Fuel and I contemplated buying another but it was much cheaper here in the UK to source separate ingredients and assemble my own concoction. The palatinose/dextrose mix (at a 50/50 ratio) offers a decent blend of slower and fast release energy. Leucine, beta alanine, citrulline malate, and electrolytes, make up the remainder of the Workout Fuel ingredients, so you can appreciate where I’m coming from.

JamesBrawn007 wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:

BBB

Does it? I was under the impression this was sufficient. CT has stated 12g of CH is enough for a pulse. Now I recognise WH is a slightly different beast but I wouldn’t have thought it would make too much difference. In addition, Biotest state 3-5g of leucine is sufficient per dose so I’v gone for the lower end of the benchmark.

I thought it did, lol.

Anyway, I have noticed far more gains since upping the dose to the 50:10 mark. Sure it costs more but if you are getting your stuff from where I suspect, then it’s still very reasonable I think.

That 50:10 shot first thing in the morning is great at reducing DOMS, which to me means it is working. The underdosed shots I did had nothing like the same effect.

BBB[/quote]

If we we’re just using Casein Hydroslate what would the mark for pulsing be in your opinion BBB? thibs seemed to suggest 12g casein and 5 leucine as a pulse? I’m getting some casein hydr in next week sometime and interested in trying it.

[quote]DJS wrote:
m1sf1t wrote:
mcook123 wrote:
I just placed my order for the stuff today to be shipped Priority, so hopefully it will be here Monday. Due to my lack of access to Anaconda and my inability to keep down any of the brands of CHY, I will be modifying it somewhat to look like this:

W-90: 2 caps Alpha-GPC
W-45: 2 FINiBARs
W-30: 2 scoops Surge Workout Fuel
W-15: 2 scoops Surge Recovery
During workout: sip 2 scoops Surge recovery throughout
W+60: 2 scoops Grow!

I went ahead and ordered a 2 month supply of everything and the cost minus the Grow! (since I already have an ample supply) was $356. If this works half as well as the marketing I will definitely use this long term (adding Anaconda in place of the workout Surge and Grow! when it comes out). I will post my results after giving the protocol a try.

I’ve been using that same protocol with the only difference that I only eat 1 FINiBAR beforehand, so far I’m up close to 10 pounds with no visual increase in bodyfat (the mirror and my pants being the only indicators). I’ve never given a shit about “the pump”, but I have definitely noticed a difference, specially after squatting and my upperbody workouts. The strength gains I attribute them to my own awesomeness and 5/3/1, but stacking Alpha-GPC with Spike is the ultimate igniter (or liquid crack, as I call it)… I wouldn’t train without it!

How much do you spend a month on supplements?[/quote]

Usually less than $100. Up until now I have just used Surge Recovery and Metabolic Drive, but given the claims about this protocol I am willing to give it a try. If it works as well as claimed (even half as well), It will become my normal regimen which when Anaconda comes out and will run about $250 a month. If I don’t see any significant effect on the protocol with the addition of Anaconda I will go back to this version provided I see results which runs at about $350 for a 2 month supply. But for me, money is not an issue.

And m1sf1t, thanks for the tip on adding Spike. I am going to try the protocol without it for a couple weeks then add it in to gague the effect.

Anyone have a link to where CT recommends 50:10 for a pulse? I know he recommends at least 12g CH for a pulse, nothing else required… and he doesn’t really like pulsing with anything but CH, but I know a lot of people have gotten results with WH/HWP, I just didn’t know they used so much hydro whey.

I really like it and recommend a modified version to my AAS-using friends. I actually recommend an abridged (to compensate for lack of attention span on the part of the average gym goer) version to anyone who asks me what I recommend for nutrition.

Protein & veggies for all meals apart from carbs & protein before and during training”. Talking about hyperaminoacidema is like talking in sign language to most of the locals, unfortunately.

Sure, I’m using PEDs, but weight is going up, whilst fat is coming off. More importantly, I feel better in myself, since the muscles are not constantly bulginh with glycogen which I find tires me out, especially around the lower back muscles.

Workouts are more productive and I don’t feel distended, trying to consume large amounts of carbs POW. Overall I feel much happier with my look and this is backed up by comments from folks who haven’t seen me for a while.

Of course, the low test, high-ish tren cycle helps, but it’s certainly not the complete picture.

BBB[/quote]

Giz a link please 3B (like that? B3? see what i did there?)

I personally DO need carbs - and lots of them to gain size - it is impossible without and after dropping back to 10/12 again i am going up again soon. However i do drop fat by using a protocol VERY similar to what you described so it piqued my interest.

However - from the (albeit abridged) description you have given and some of the posts made below - it seems to be quite a standard low carb approach - with para-workout carbs for max energy and anabolism (I was under the impression that any moderately serious trainee did this already but it seems i was mistaken!).

Anyway - knowing how forward thinking this site is, i expect there is a shit load more to it - and as a man who does understand such physiological processes as ‘hyperaminoacidema’ (surely the goal isn’t just this though?) i think i can handle the ‘full’ version… ;D

After further reading i see it is very involved indeed! :wink:

I havent rushed to buy all the supplements for this but I was inspired to have post and pre workout shake. Just the same whey + maltodextrin + dextrose 30 grams of each and 5grams creatine shake I used to only have post workout.

So now I have two insulin spikes around my workout. The workouts feel great from all the extra energy.

But I obviously the gains are nothing special 2lbs a week and I still feel what leaness I had slipping away. It’s not suprising to me either a doubling of the sum of my insulin spike probably wont be enough to see anything special happen.

My point is that the FINiBARs and Alpha-GPC must be causing a lot of the gains CT reports. What are your thoughts on what could be the key ingredient. In my opinion the FINiBARs are the real catalyst and Alpha-GPC is needed too.

I dont know what the workout plan entails but im guessing it’s nothing that hasnt been done before but maybe it leverages the nutrition. What are your thoughts?

[quote]Raided wrote:
I havent rushed to buy all the supplements for this but I was inspired to have post and pre workout shake. Just the same whey + maltodextrin + dextrose 30 grams of each and 5grams creatine shake I used to only have post workout.

So now I have two insulin spikes around my workout. The workouts feel great from all the extra energy.

But I obviously the gains are nothing special 2lbs a week and I still feel what leaness I had slipping away. It’s not suprising to me either a doubling of the sum of my insulin spike probably wont be enough to see anything special happen.

My point is that the FINiBARs and Alpha-GPC must be causing a lot of the gains CT reports. What are your thoughts on what could be the key ingredient. In my opinion the FINiBARs are the real catalyst and Alpha-GPC is needed too.

I dont know what the workout plan entails but im guessing it’s nothing that hasnt been done before but maybe it leverages the nutrition. What are your thoughts?[/quote]

This is very similar to my old para-workout nutrition, which was Surge Recovery 15 minutes before and 15 minutes after workout. I loved it, but it seems to be a bit outdated so I am giving this protocol a try. I just ordered the products yesterday, so I will let you know how it compares after a week or two.

[quote]JamesBrawn007 wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:

BBB

Does it? I was under the impression this was sufficient. CT has stated 12g of CH is enough for a pulse. Now I recognise WH is a slightly different beast but I wouldn’t have thought it would make too much difference. In addition, Biotest state 3-5g of leucine is sufficient per dose so I’v gone for the lower end of the benchmark. [/quote]

This is interesting, I wonder if we can figure out where the parameters for each differ and what they might be?

JamesBrawn007 wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:

BBB

I thought it did, lol.

Anyway, I have noticed far more gains since upping the dose to the 50:10 mark. Sure it costs more but if you are getting your stuff from where I suspect, then it’s still very reasonable I think.

That 50:10 shot first thing in the morning is great at reducing DOMS, which to me means it is working. The underdosed shots I did had nothing like the same effect.

BBB[/quote]

BBB, so is your HA shot, you listed it as HWP…r u meaning WHP, as in whey hydrolysate protein?

TB