Who's Heard of the P90X Fad?

Who has heard of it or tried it? Seems to be the latest fad and quite a few people i know are attempting it. Thoughts?

I think its… its… uhh… That canadian girl is yummy I want to eat that camel toe!

A girl I know from another forum did it, had great results, and ended up in the infomercials.

I saw the infomercial at my buddy’s house one night after the bars… it actually looks pretty decent. I wish I would have thought of it. It seems like it would be a good way to get a beginner or someone totally uninterested in the process to start training; it tells them what to do, when to do it and gives them DVD’s to show them what to do.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
A girl I know from another forum did it, had great results, and ended up in the infomercials.[/quote]

no way!
is she the one that looks like a starved coyote? that’s hawt!

Who’s heard of the search function?

[quote]miroku333 wrote:
pushmepullme wrote:
A girl I know from another forum did it, had great results, and ended up in the infomercials.

no way!
is she the one that looks like a starved coyote? that’s hawt![/quote]

Haha, yeah, I guess you could describe her that way…

The creator of P90X is the evil twin of the late Tony Randall (Felx Ungar from the original Odd Couple series)

Wow, this has never been brought up before or discussed. Thank you.

It’s an awesome program. The pulls and chins alone are a killer. It something that is worth getting. You never know when you won’t be able to get to a gym for an extended period of time. A door frame pull-up bar and some dumbbells, which can subbed with bands is all you need.

The program will work every part of your body. Real cheap on e-bay.

I think the better question at this point is: Who HASN’T heard of P90X?

Everybody with a TV has heard of it!

A friend of mine has it, he lost about 30lbs. It has him doing yoga for an hour and a half.

I did it! I lost 345 lbs body fat so I’m now down to 295 at 2.7%bf and just got a pro card through the post without even competing once!

Happy days! :stuck_out_tongue:

I won’t go much into it, because it’s been beaten to death.

Today, literally in a facebook message, one of my friends asked me if I was still working out and recommended P90X to me.

I politely reminded him my routine was working fine, and that any routine with a solid diet and effort put in will yield positive results. Crazy thing is that I didn’t have to pay for my information and workout schedule.

[quote]Renton wrote:
I did it! I lost 345 lbs body fat so I’m now down to 295 at 2.7%bf and just got a pro card through the post without even competing once!

Happy days! :P[/quote]

Listen you piece of shit, enough with the constant misinformation spit out of your mouth. We all know the only way to achieve such results is crossfit.

Tony Horton friended me on facebook. I shit you not.

[quote]Renton wrote:

Happy days! :P[/quote]

HAHA!!!

Heard of it, and it was purchased by MIL for an xmas gift…‘here fat ass, I got you a present.’ Gee, thanks Mom…

[quote]streamline wrote:
It’s an awesome program. The pulls and chins alone are a killer. It something that is worth getting. You never know when you won’t be able to get to a gym for an extended period of time. A door frame pull-up bar and some dumbbells, which can subbed with bands is all you need.

The program will work every part of your body. Real cheap on e-bay.[/quote]

Would you say it’s better than the 200 pull-ups a day, everyday program?

It doesn’t look half bad to me.

Anything that gets fat, lazy Americans up and off the couch is okay in my book.

Is it something for those of us who take our training very seriously? No.

Those folks will eventually outgrow it and hopefully move on to a real understanding of training.

My roommates do it - they didn’t pay for it though, they got the DVDs from a friend. They say it works pretty well for them but they’ve yet to stick to it for long enough.

From what i’ve seen it’s not a bad program overall. You’re probably not gonna get the results you would from lifting really heavy shit, but the bodyweight exercises are pretty solid and there’s nothing really stupid like bosu balls or anything.

There’s a good amount of advancement too and they find ways to make the bodyweight exercises really challenging.