Who's Going To Die First?

Who will pass away first? Authur Jones or Joe Weider? Jones is more of a mystery man than Weider. Jones will do some crazy stunt I’m sure. I wonder what will come out after their deaths regarding bodybuilding, Mentzer brothers, roids & all the hot topics & stories? Will be interesting to see.

ALSO! Who has done more for bodybuilding? I would have to say Jones has by far!

I suppose that would be why they call it the “Art Jones Mr. Olympia”?
And why everyone Jones ever trained wound up either sneaking in extra work or getting hideously out of shape?

My personal vote here is for you…

Joe Weider does not die. Joe Weider invents the new “Croaking Principle.”

[quote]Joe Weider wrote:
I suppose that would be why they call it the “Art Jones Mr. Olympia”?
And why everyone Jones ever trained wound up either sneaking in extra work or getting hideously out of shape?

My personal vote here is for you…[/quote]

Yea, ok smartass punk. How in the world could anyone sneak in exta work after going thru a HIT workout w/Jones? All one could do is fall on the couch & chill. Hold on smart one, I’ll explain it in easy terms for you. YOU WOULD BE TOO TIRED. Got it? If not, I’ll explain it another way so you can understand better. Hey! Your right though. I went to Casey V’s website & he looks like crap from your ass! Maybe he’s the one that’s going to croak before Jones/Weider!

You think Weider is God, don’t u; u silly Weider fan. His mags were alot better back in the 70’s & 60’s then todays crap. Listen bro! Thanks to Joe & Ben Weider the sport of bodybuilding is a joke! Joe had a chance to change it but did not do it because he’s a loser & wants to make all the money so he can spend it in heaven. I bet if Jones ran everything bodybuilding highlights would be on ESPN! But they’re not cause it’s a freak show ready to explode in hell! Hahahahahaha! Ok, here’s what we do! I’ve got it bright one! You post your Weider built physique & I’ll post my Jones built beauty that the girls can’t get enough of. I bet you won’t though because your just an arm chair expert, am I right? Peace out bro.

P.S. Don’t mean to make a war or anything but when people don’t have a clue what they’re talking about, it ticks me off. Man! I love these forums, soooo much fun!

you’re kidding right? You come here and the first thing you do is start a thread about black people being better athletes because they eat fucking sweet potatoes and you have the balls to call me a smart ass punk?
Heh heh heh…yeah, whatever.
Read Viator’s own words about having to get extra work.
Mentzer was never in very good shape after he jumped on the HIT bandwagon. Dorian Yates had to actually add a fair amount more work than an actual HIT workout.
Sorry bro…I’ve tried the one set a week thing, nothing happened.

besides, who ever said I worshipped Weider? I was looking for a new “handle” and thought it would be funny because of the whole self serving Weider thing.
Don’t assume…
Jackass.
And I also never claimed to be an expert in anything. In fact, in another post I mentioned that I was trying to give back a little by contributing some eye candy because I couldn’t add in any training or nutrition advice.
Except that sweet taters are the answer.
Everyone knows it.

btw, are you between the ages of 13 and 17, with about 65% bodyfat?

[quote]BRUCELEEWANNABE wrote:
P.S. Don’t mean to make a war or anything but when people don’t have a clue what they’re talking about, it ticks me off. Man! I love these forums, soooo much fun![/quote]

Funny, since you don’t seem to know what you’re talking about either.

Arthur Jones is the poster child for introverts everywhere. He did not even have the desire to put the effort into leading Nautilus to success, or marketing his HIT system. I do not see him doing what would be needed to be done to “get bodybuilding on ESPN” or to cram some quality into the mags.

Don’t mean to make a war or anything but when people don’t have a clue what they’re talking about, it ticks me off. [/quote]

Like when you responded to an article about the dangers of soy with your soy protein shake recipe?

Has the State School gotten Internet access or do we have another Light Power-like troll?

Bruceleewannabe…you have been training for 15 years? And only weigh 180lbs? At 6’1"? And this is by training like Arthur Jones?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Bruceleewannabe…you have been training for 15 years? And only weigh 180lbs? At 6’1"? And this is by training like Arthur Jones? [/quote]

It kind of validates everything Jones had to say, don’t it?

Who will pass away first? Authur Jones or Joe Weider? Jones is more of a mystery man than Weider. Jones will do some crazy stunt I’m sure. I wonder what will come out after their deaths regarding bodybuilding, Mentzer brothers, roids & all the hot topics & stories? Will be interesting to see.

ALSO! Who has done more for bodybuilding? I would have to say Jones has by far! [/quote]

I would say that I totally wasted 5 years trying to follow Jones principles to the letter, and only wasted 2 years trying to train like Arnold.

By the way, Arnold said that he took every set to failure, and in his advanced training workout he did over 700 sets per week.

The concept of one set to failure is about the most unscientific concept in weight training. It is a logic puzzle that you should be able to trick a 4th grader into believing is valid logic, but starts with one basic assumed premise that is wrong: That all muscle/nerve/tendon adaptations require the same stimulus and recovery.

Even Jones wrote that Viator never did a set close his potential. He was all over the place in reps. He did a certain weight in the 45 degree leg press for like 15 reps one time, and over 70 the next time, and Jones said himself that he had to stop because of pain, not failure. He had Viator supersetting 3 exercises for 12-20 reps for legs. Why would he need three? How long do you think he paused between reps when he finished a set of 500 squats for 13? We don’t know. One could argue that he did 13 single rep sets. When he stopped at 13, do you think he could have done 475 for another rep? Probably. With a max of maybe 750, he may have only been 30% deep into his ability.

Also, the concept that different exercises do not affect different parts of a muscle is also wrong, even given a true full range of motion. In leg extensions for example, because of synergystic facilitation (or lack therof) you can not produce even a single maximal contraction. Same with any isolation exercise. Also, pennante muscles involve different forces along different lines with different movements.

Yeas, that’s correct. I’m strong & ripped. I also play two sports so I can’t always do as much in the wt. as I would like to. Gotta save some for the battle field ya know?! Also don’t u read askmen? Girls like the leaner build much more than big dude physique. Remember, like what Bruce Lee said, Big is not always functional. Are u functional big guy? Can u move fast when you have to in a life or death situation?! At least run fast?! If u can’t your dog meat! Alright, who’s next here.

[quote]Moon Knight wrote:
BRUCELEEWANNABE wrote:
P.S. Don’t mean to make a war or anything but when people don’t have a clue what they’re talking about, it ticks me off. Man! I love these forums, soooo much fun!

Funny, since you don’t seem to know what you’re talking about either.

Arthur Jones is the poster child for introverts everywhere. He did not even have the desire to put the effort into leading Nautilus to success, or marketing his HIT system. I do not see him doing what would be needed to be done to “get bodybuilding on ESPN” or to cram some quality into the mags.[/quote]

Did more than most, also, not many listened; and, still aren’t listening

[quote]Joe Weider wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Bruceleewannabe…you have been training for 15 years? And only weigh 180lbs? At 6’1"? And this is by training like Arthur Jones?

[/quote]

Did Franco weigh much? He was srong as an ox & looked like a badass. I train many ways but have received the most from High Intensity training! That means going all out for some of you who don’t know what training is.

[quote]Joe Weider wrote:
Dorian Yates had to actually add a fair amount more work than an actual HIT workout.
[/quote]

True, I added up Yates typical weekly work based on his own words and he probably averaged (in work sets):

9 sets for back
8 sets for legs
5 for shoulders, 3-4 for triceps
6 for chest and 3-4 for biceps

Total=32 work sets over a 6 or 7 day period + moderate cardio year round.

At that intensity, that sounds pretty good. He also varied rep ranges every couple of weeks which goes against the principle that muscles/nerves/tendons respond differently to different stimuli.

Also, didn’t Jones say that you only needed .8 grams of protein per KILOGRAM of bodyweight to maintain+ about 5-10 grams for maximal growth? Yates would only have needed 150 grams a day max according to this.

Next he’s going to be telling us that his 14 year old brother has been using his login.

Joe Weider wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Did Franco weigh much? He was srong as an ox & looked like a badass. I train many ways but have received the most from High Intensity training! That means going all out for some of you who don’t know what training is. [/quote]

Franco was shorter than you and you are 6’1". Why would you relate your body weight to someone that much shorter than you?

As far as your other comments, yes, I can move fast and my size is functional as far as anything I am required to do. Your concept of what girls like seems to have been challenged by other girls on this site more than once. Many of the women on this forum seem to disagree with you. My pack of condoms also disagrees with you. We can argue this topic for pages, but the fact is, while most women may be turned off by EXTREME physical development, there are many who appreciate guys with larger frames. It seems many of you think there can only be “180” OR “300+lbs in contest shape”. Yeah, I’m sure David Boston can’t get a date.

The fact still stands that you have trained for 15 years and only acheived the size I reached in less than two years. Blaming your sports for it? What do you play and have you been playing this game for 15 years as well? Why would anyone want to follow a routine that produces LESS overall results than more traditional training methods?

man I love Professor X!

But I’ve gotta ask…Franco trained with Arnold, not with Jones, yes?

yeah, jones was for low protein. Mentzer said you only needed something like 10 calories extra a day to gain ten pounds in a year.