T Nation

Who's Going to Arnold Expo 2013?

I’m assuming someone will make a thread to talk about the Arnold Classic, but this is more for just the expo, the events there, and to see who all will be going.

My wife surprised me with hotel reservations the weekend of, so I will definitely be there with her. Who else is planning on going?

Me

Who wants to share a hotel room with me?

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
Me

[/quote]

I’m not going but this guy said he would share a room with you.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
Me

[/quote]

I’m not going but this guy said he would share a room with you.
[/quote]
This guy will

Is that Jesus?

[quote]howie424 wrote:
Is that Jesus?[/quote]
Yes it is my son

[quote]ashylarryku wrote:
I’m assuming someone will make a thread to talk about the Arnold Classic, but this is more for just the expo, the events there, and to see who all will be going.

My wife surprised me with hotel reservations the weekend of, so I will definitely be there with her. Who else is planning on going?[/quote]

What are the ticket prices like btw? There’s probably a million different versions.

[quote]csulli wrote:

My wife surprised me with hotel reservations the weekend of, so I will definitely be there with her. Who else is planning on going?[/quote]

What are the ticket prices like btw? There’s probably a million different versions.[/quote]

From what I remember, it’s $10-15 to get into the expo for the day. And that also get’s you access to the powerlifting, strongman, Crossfit, etc. competitions.

[quote]csulli wrote:

What are the ticket prices like btw? There’s probably a million different versions.[/quote]

From what I remember, it’s $10-15 to get into the expo for the day. And that also get’s you access to the powerlifting, strongman, Crossfit, etc. competitions.[/quote]

Yeach tickets to the expo are pretty cheap.

Ashy you know I’ll be there :slight_smile:

I think it’s time they move it to a bigger location. It’s always mad crowded

Has anyone ever seen anyone try to pick-up physique competitors at these expos?

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
Has anyone ever seen anyone try to pick-up physique competitors at these expos?[/quote]

Assuming you know the answer is yes and are actually asking for hilarious stories of people failing to pick up physique competitors and booth babes? It most certainly happens.

[quote]red04 wrote:

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
Has anyone ever seen anyone try to pick-up physique competitors at these expos?[/quote]

Assuming you know the answer is yes and are actually asking for hilarious stories of people failing to pick up physique competitors and booth babes? It most certainly happens.[/quote]

Yes. I mean there’s so many egos in one space, how often does it happen lol.

I too am thinking of driving down on Sunday from Ontario, but am curious if it’s still worth it because of the 7 hour drive. I used to visit regularly about 10 years ago, and the trip was always worth the free samples and t-shirts.

Anyone know what to look forward to?

Not so much into bodybuilding much anymore, but still like fitness girls and free stuff and pictures.

My all time favourite memory was talking to Larry Scott who was in phenomenal shape despite his age. He was so approachable and sincere in his advice about bicep training. Biggest accomplishment was getting a US Army t-shirt for cranking out 25 pull ups military style.

In 1998 my buddy brought his weightlifting belt and got Dorian Yates, Larry Scott, Arnold and Frank Zane to sign, all were great. Lou Ferrigno was the a real douche who wanted to charge him for the autograph. In retrospect it was cool as his signature didn’t belong among the greats, since he never won shit.

A guy I know will be deadlifting in one of the cages. Look for Richard Hawthorne. Should pull 600 or more at a body weight of something like 132.

Alright I officially decided today that I’m going. I’m not getting there until Friday night though. Maybe they’ll let me fight African wild dogs in the Animal Cage.