Somehow my luck's running high recently. My girlfriend actually won a PS3 in a raffle for a single $10 ticket and instead of turning it around for a $1000 dollar profit, she gave it to me for Christmas. Lucky Me!!
So, that said, I haven't played it much, but I'll throw out my prelim thoughts. I've only got the one Blu-ray movie that came with it, Talladega nights, and one game that I bought from a really shitty selection at the local BX, Ridge Racer 7. I've got Resistence: Fall of Man ordered, hopefully that'll give me a better idea of the unit's capabilities.
- Hooked up the HDMI cable to my LCD (only up to 1080i though), beautiful graphics, but since they've been screaming that since the beginning they'd better deliver on this one. The one movie I have is very sharp, and the one game I have looks great!
- The wireless controller is nice
- The motion sensor is an interesting touch, makes playing games (or at least the one I have) a bit more inclusive
- The 60GB version comes with a standard (yellow, red, white) A/V cable??? What???? Extra $70 for HDMI and Optical cables. Not happy about this one.
- Extra controllers do Not come with a USB cord for recharging, must buy separately.
- Haven't tried online yet, but thinking I'll be dissapointed
Those are just main points. The unit itself is very nice looking, though pretty large, about original XBox size I'd guess. The initial setup and getting all the display and sound options set up is a bit of a pain in the ass, especially since it seems to just pick how it displays anyhow.
Overall I think it'll end up being a really nice system. I can already tell the games are going to be great considering the initial batch looks very good. Again I haven't had the opportunity to put it through a really thorough play test yet, but just figured I'd throw some thoughts out there.