Whole Wheat Waffle Mix

Was wondering what opinions were of eating Aunt Jemima’s 100% whole wheat pancake mix as a breakfast option for carbohydrates instead of oatmeal.

I am going through a bulking phase for the next 3 months and so far my breakfast has included the following:

3 large eggs cooked with a thin slice of butter on the pan
1 cup of 100% Orange Juice not from concentrate
1 banana
2 whole wheat waffles with all natural honey glazed over them.

Are these waffles a good idea or bad? I’m tired of eating oatmeal everyday and wanted to take a break from that with something else.

I make them in my waffle iron which makes 6x4 inch waffles.

I use the following to prepare the mix:

1 1/4 cup of mix
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 1/4 cup whole milk
1 large egg

Here is a link to the ingredients and nutrition facts.

http://www.auntjemima.com/aj_products/pancakeMixes/wholeWheat.cfm

Anybody wanna guess at how many calories 2 6x4’’ waffles would be? Is this a horrible mistake, or a good one?

Any opinions would be much appreciated.

You’re not fooling anyone, including yourself if you think slathering waffles with honey is a good anabolic breakfast.

As long as you have your fish oil syrup you’ll be fine.

[quote]Brant_Drake wrote:
As long as you have your fish oil syrup you’ll be fine.[/quote]

and your low-carb venison sausage on the side.

[quote]hexx wrote:
You’re not fooling anyone, including yourself if you think slathering waffles with honey is a good anabolic breakfast.[/quote]

Would it not provide that spike in insulin in the morning when your energy levels are low? Do you not want to get in a complete protein and some for of simple sugars into your body upon waking up?

Soooo,wouldn’t the eggs provide the protein, the whole grain waffles your slow digesting carbs, and the honey your quick glucose spike?

If I am mistaken, please call me out.

If raw honey, about 2-3 tablespoons is a bad option to be putting on my waffles, would pure maple syrup be a better choice? Or maybe neither, but what? Butter can’t be a better option, plus I do not really like butter, except enough to coat my pan to fry my eggs on.

thanks

Thats about a 1750 calorie breakfast…as long as thats what you’re going for Id say do it.

Nice, 1750 calories.

So…is honey bad to put on my waffles? or is it ok?

Keep in mind that I’m using raw honey, not any processed form. Straight sweeeeeeet honey

It all depends on your goals, dietary needs to accomplish them, and how you respond to it.

No one else can answer these questions for you.

maybe substitute water for your oj. i add whey powder to my pancake mix and it works out great. i substitute about 1/4 - 1/3 of the rx’d pancake mix.