T Nation

Whole Foods Market

So who shops at Whole Foods?

I was in one a few years back in my fat days and hated it because they didn’t have the beer and sugary cereal I wanted. I haven’t been in once since…

Today I stopped by one to pick up some “super bagels” that were talked about in another thread. I gotta say (at the risk of sounding like a granola), I was pretty impressed with the place. I’m the last person whose going to preach about organic foods and really couldn’t care too much for organic etc, but wow do they ever have a sweet seafood counter and deli. I bought a dozen pre cook and seasoned shrimp and some buffalo smoked salmon for dinner and it was fucking good. I walked around and checked out the goods and they had some pretty tasty and decently healthy stuff. My only gripe is that it’s expensive…my food bill would probably triple if I shopped there.

Oh, and it was PACKED with hawt women. I will be going back to hang out at the coffee bar.

My gf swears by the place. Personally I hate dealing with the granola-loving bunch…but then again lately I’ve become afraid of microwaving my plastic containers. Maybe they are rubbing off on me.

Anyway I didn’t think about the hot but mostly likely hair-pitted chicks that go there. Maybe I should check it out.

Also she’s had me going to the local farmer’s market, where we get a ridiculous amount of veggies for like $12.

I used to work at one here in DC. I stayed on as a seasonal worker in order to continue using my 20% discount card and possibly pick up some shifts in my free time.

I like the place. Since this is DC we don’t have granolas and hippies. Shopping there is more like a status symbol for the yuppies.

The main attraction is that they have a somewhat higher standard of what food they sell compared to a Safeway or someplace else. The food there is just great, especially the meat.

They have a great beer selection too, and although they are hippie brands, they do have junk cereal as well.

[quote]medevac wrote:
My gf swears by the place. Personally I hate dealing with the granola-loving bunch…but then again lately I’ve become afraid of microwaving my plastic containers. Maybe they are rubbing off on me.

Anyway I didn’t think about the hot but mostly likely hair-pitted chicks that go there. Maybe I should check it out.

Also she’s had me going to the local farmer’s market, where we get a ridiculous amount of veggies for like $12.[/quote]

The Whole Foods in Greenville is probably my favorite place ever. Last year when I had more money, my girlfriend and I would drive up there from Clemson to get lunch. They had some of the best brisket Iv ever had.

I absolutely love the Whole Foods here in Pittsburgh. It is a welcome addition for us health-minded individuals.
I buy the majority of my protein there: ground buffalo, poultry, seafood, etc. Their chicken sausage is simply awesome. I would also buy my produce there, but as you stated, too damn expensive. Until I strike it rich, it’s simply a great place to purchase quality foods and miscellaneous items that you can’t find elsewhere.
Ah yes, numerous hotties prance around the one here. However, the funny thing is…aside from the hot asian girls, the majority of the shoppers are quite pudgy and/or sickly looking. Wait…why does that surprise me?

I just got back from Whole Foods to get those same bagels mentioned above. They have some good stuff but it’s a bit over priced in my opinion. I stick to Trader Joes mostly which has good prices on high quality stuff. I just picked up some nice looking grass fed beef steaks for $10.99 per pound. Would have been twice that much at Whole Foods.

Like some one mentioned above, the one I went to (in Palm Beach Gardens, Fl) was full of people who were there for the “status” of shopping at whole foods. I heard two different people on their cells say “Oh, I’m shopping at whole foods in PGA…”…cracks me up. On the bright side, there are very few hippies at this one, it’s in the expensive part of the city.

I read an article this week that said condo prices jump in the areas surrounding new Whole Food sites…people sure like this place.

joburnet—how much were the bagels? Mine were $4.29…they look damn tasty.

They didn’t have bagels but they did have rolls for $4. I just had one with some cream cheese, they smell and taste a little odd. Hopefully I’ll get used to it.

I personally love it. I really miss the one back home in Minnesota. None that I know of out here in Cali (at least none NEAR me anyway…).

I recently gave up on Trader Joe’s because of rotten food, veggies with bird shit on them, and entire freezer cases being thawed. Now almost all my food comes from Whole Foods, and I’m quite happy about it. $12.99 for two pounds of buffalo burgers ain’t bad, either. I just noticed that the DC Whole Foods even has dry-aged beef!

The down side is that the whole damned store smells like the patchouli in the scented oils aisle, but I can cope.

Love it, but not friendly on a college student budget…

[quote]Whey Man wrote:
I personally love it. I really miss the one back home in Minnesota. None that I know of out here in Cali (at least none NEAR me anyway…). [/quote]

Hey Whey Man,

Do you have a Henry’s or Harvest Ranch near you? They are about the same thing. Henry’s (Sprouts, Boneys) is cheaper and Harvest Ranch is maybe even a little more expensive.