Whole Food Velocity Diet?

Has anyone tried doing the velocity diet by consuming whole food alone and what results did you get?
regards

well that wouldnt be the Velocity Diet it would be some form of very restricted whole food diet.

T think someone was going to attempt it with tuna but not sure.

[quote]Phill wrote:
well that wouldnt be the Velocity Diet it would be some form of very restricted whole food diet.
[/quote]

Exactly.

[quote]Phill wrote:
T think someone was going to attempt it with tuna but not sure. [/quote]

Yeah, there was. I’m pretty sure the idea got shot down though because tuna doesnt have casein and the whole point of the V-diet is to have protein in you at all times. The tunas protein isnt slow digesting (?) enough.

What about a V-diet with cottage cheese?

Basically it would just be a fast fat diet and not the V-Diet.

It wouldn’t be that difficult really, but you would have to eat the exact same thing every meal, otherwise it just wouldn’t work.

There are lots of ways to go low carb effectively without resorting to the V-Diet or even a modified one.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Basically it would just be a fast fat diet and not the V-Diet.

It wouldn’t be that difficult really, but you would have to eat the exact same thing every meal, otherwise it just wouldn’t work.
[/quote]
And why is that?

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
There are lots of ways to go low carb effectively without resorting to the V-Diet or even a modified one.[/quote]

True

My wife and I did the Velocity Diet for 26 days. Mid January I did a modified “Velocity” type diet for damage control. However I only adhere to it for seven days. It was kind of like the anabolic diet without the massive carb up. :slight_smile: I just went back to my regular feedings. I was quite pleased with the results.

Christopher

There are many reasons, from what I got from the article, for the V-diet being the way it was.

Beyond what was already listed WRT Casein, Protein Amounts, etc.

It was designed to also be think-free. Once you hit the calculations you knew what you were having every meal and it was very easy to set it up.

It was also cheap and allowed you to get all foods out of your cabinets except for the shakes you had. Plus, Metabolic Drive shakes have some extra vitamins that just eating plain tuna wouldn’t have.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
And why is that?[/quote]

Simple. The V-Diet was designed so you didn’t have to determine macronutrient content, or deal with the Glycemic index, or worry about sodium or other nutrients. All of these have an effect on you and the way your body reacts to dieting. If you just did the diet completely no carb and very little fat, i.e. all protein, how can you guarantee other factors, like the ones listed above, won’t still have an effect if you constantly eat different protein sources?