Whole Eggs/EVOO and Fat Loss

I am attempting to drop bodyfat. I do eat 5 eggs per day and in the morning may use a tablespoon of olive oil. The oil has a lot of calories I see. I am probably 40 pounds overweight. If all things are equal is it a good idea to drop the yolks? I was swayed by Vince Girondas method of eating a dozen or more eggs. I am not that extreme but it does fill up a good portion of my protein requirement.

You need to setup a proper diet plan and follow it.

Post your whole diet and then someone can help you.

been eating 30 eggs a day for the past 10 days, still reducing waist measurements

[quote]Navin Johnson wrote:
I am attempting to drop bodyfat. I do eat 5 eggs per day and in the morning may use a tablespoon of olive oil. The oil has a lot of calories I see. I am probably 40 pounds overweight. If all things are equal is it a good idea to drop the yolks? I was swayed by Vince Girondas method of eating a dozen or more eggs. I am not that extreme but it does fill up a good portion of my protein requirement.[/quote]

5 eggs per day fills up a good portion of your protein? That’s 30 g of protein. Do you weigh 30 lbs?

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
been eating 30 eggs a day for the past 10 days, still reducing waist measurements[/quote]

That’s a lot of eggs bro, scramble time? Raw? Hard boiled? I bet you have gross smelling farts huh? Egg farts are the worst lol

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
been eating 30 eggs a day for the past 10 days, still reducing waist measurements[/quote]

That’s a lot of eggs bro, scramble time? Raw? Hard boiled? I bet you have gross smelling farts huh? Egg farts are the worst lol[/quote]

I can eat as many scrambled eggs as I want with no issues. If I eat a couple hard boiled eggs clear the room.

Don’t drop the yokes… pure bro-science. I’ve been eating 5-7 eggs every morning for about 3 years. My blood panel rocks.

I watched a pretty good youtube on eggs a couple of days ago:

Count your micros, if 5 yolks fit, keep em in, if not drop them.

If you are not counting micros, I’d probably keep 1 yolk since you are 40lbs overweight MEH. Again, it depends on the rest of your diet looking at macros/calories.

[quote]maverick88 wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]caveman101 wrote:

That’s a lot of eggs bro, scramble time? Raw? Hard boiled? I bet you have gross smelling farts huh? Egg farts are the worst lol[/quote]

I can eat as many scrambled eggs as I want with no issues. If I eat a couple hard boiled eggs clear the room.[/quote]

2x15 egg omlettes with tons of veg chucked in. absolutely no digestion problems at all with eggs. but one bowl of rice or pasta makes me feel like a pregnant woman

Egg yokes and olive oil are not the reason you are overweight.

[quote]gkeeper24 wrote:

[quote]redgladiator wrote:
Count your micros, if 5 yolks fit, keep em in, if not drop them.

If you are not counting micros, I’d probably keep 1 yolk since you are 40lbs overweight MEH. Again, it depends on the rest of your diet looking at macros/calories.[/quote]
*Macros… And don’t stress about a minor detail like an egg yolk. There are great for your health and one of the nest fat sources you can get.[/quote]

*best… :slight_smile:

No, I eat tuna, protein shakes, chicken, beef . . .

[quote]PulsedEE wrote:

[quote]Navin Johnson wrote:
I am attempting to drop bodyfat. I do eat 5 eggs per day and in the morning may use a tablespoon of olive oil. The oil has a lot of calories I see. I am probably 40 pounds overweight. If all things are equal is it a good idea to drop the yolks? I was swayed by Vince Girondas method of eating a dozen or more eggs. I am not that extreme but it does fill up a good portion of my protein requirement.[/quote]

5 eggs per day fills up a good portion of your protein? That’s 30 g of protein. Do you weigh 30 lbs?[/quote]

Are you losing weight?

No, Blue Collarr8er is right. I am looking for a scapegoat. I do eat junk sometimes. Also I have been inactive for 2 months from a shoulder surgery. For me, the 2 have to go together. If I workout, I am focused on eating cleaner. I think I will try my first shoulder safe workout today actually.