T Nation

Who'd You Rather Fight

[quote]TheCB wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]TheCB wrote:
wtf do pics of me prove?

based on your log im bigger, leaner and stronger than you. so what? [/quote]

You keep calling me a fat ass, put you money where your mouth is.

[quote]
we are talking about something totally different. [/quote]
It has nothing to do with what we’re talking about it. It has to do with you being a twat.

So no pics then?

Pussy, check.

[quote]magick wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
I’ll take your word for it, but didn’t you just state that strength isn’t that big of a factor in submission grappling? Do you consider “submission wrestling” to be a different discipline? Or do you think that strength in virtually meaningless in a physical bout?[/quote]

Slip of the tongue. I meant submission grappling when I wrote “wrestling”.

And I meant that strength isn’t considered to matter all that much in both stand-up and submission grappling. But, between the two, strength matters more in submission grappling than stand-up. After all, you’re directly having to deal with a weight that is pressing onto you when you’re grappling. Punching someone is almost entirely about the force you can generate from using your body properly. Technique is far more important here.
[/quote]
I agree that technique is more valuable for sure from both practical and physics perspectives respectively, but there’s no denying that, between two people of similar technical ability, the stronger person will consistently have more powerful strikes. Strength plays an important role also affords the advantages of body control, which can be executed when both standing and on the ground.

Anyone who’s actually interested in some quality thoughts on Rousey vs. non-professional male “fighters” should ask in the combat forum. Lots of smart guys there who’ll actually give you a civil response LOL.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
I also don’t know, but we do know, in general, more lean mass at the same weight = more strength, power, etc… In this case there’s no real way to know; however, all of these guys and girl are at the top of their respective classes so any advantage is going to affect the outcome.[/quote]

Fair enough. It is probably (almost certainly) true that Faber is stronger than Rousey. And it will definitely be an advantage in a MMA fight.

Just don’t know how much of an advantage it’ll be.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Another point I was trying to make is that MMA fights don’t start on the ground. She would have to either take them there or coax them into go there themselves. If she can’t accomplish that, it becomes a striking match that she will almost certainly lose.[/quote]

No fight starts on the ground, so that’s a bit of a moot point.

The woman is a judo Olympian. Her harai goshi is fucking awe-inspiring to most random judoka. We’d sacrifice our first-born if it meant we could do it as well as she does.

If she closes the distance and gets into a clinch, she’ll be throwing people. The only question is whether Faber allows that to happen. Since pretty much everyone accepts that Rousey is scary on the ground, but her boxing has much to desired, I very much doubt Faber would allow Rousey to get into a clinch.

And if it becomes a pure boxing match Faber will win because he’s much better at that than Rousey is. And so he wins.

But, afaik, none of this occurs between Faber is physically stronger than Rousey. If Rousey had better stand-up, then she’s probably win.

[quote]punnyguy wrote:
Anyone who’s actually interested in some quality thoughts on Rousey vs. non-professional male “fighters” should ask in the combat forum. Lots of smart guys there who’ll actually give you a civil response LOL.[/quote]

Ya, this is actually a really interesting topic to think about. I’m sure Sentoguy and others will be able to give interesting responses.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]punnyguy wrote:
Jennifer Thompson, a powerlifter, is 135 lbs. Look up her strength stats.

Jennifer Thompson is a 1%er, but we’d all have to agree that Ronda Rousey is also. Just some thoughts…[/quote]

Ya, she’s incredible.

How does she compare to 135lbs men? I don’t keep up with Powerlifting records, federations, etc…[/quote]

I don’t really keep up with the powerlifting records either. Just trying to point out that “amateurs” can never really appreciate the elevated level that top level professionals operate at.

[quote]magick wrote:
No fight starts on the ground, so that’s a bit of a moot point.

The woman is a judo Olympian. Her harai goshi is fucking awe-inspiring to most random judoka. We’d sacrifice our first-born if it meant we could do it as well as she does.

If she closes the distance and gets into a clinch, she’ll be throwing people. The only question is whether Faber allows that to happen. Since pretty much everyone accepts that Rousey is scary on the ground, but her boxing has much to desired, I very much doubt Faber would allow Rousey to get into a clinch.

And if it becomes a pure boxing match Faber will win because he’s much better at that than Rousey is. And so he wins.

But, afaik, none of this occurs between Faber is physically stronger than Rousey. If Rousey had better stand-up, then she’s probably win.[/quote]

Agree with the only caveat being Fabor’s strength could be a factor in his take down defense.

[quote]punnyguy wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]punnyguy wrote:
Jennifer Thompson, a powerlifter, is 135 lbs. Look up her strength stats.

Jennifer Thompson is a 1%er, but we’d all have to agree that Ronda Rousey is also. Just some thoughts…[/quote]

Ya, she’s incredible.

How does she compare to 135lbs men? I don’t keep up with Powerlifting records, federations, etc…[/quote]

I don’t really keep up with the powerlifting records either. Just trying to point out that “amateurs” can never really appreciate the elevated level that top level professionals operate at.
[/quote]

Oh absolutely. I 100% agree. I was just curious about a comparison.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Agree with the only caveat being Fabor’s strength could be a factor in his take down defense. [/quote]

Only if Rousey went for a double-leg or other conventionally wrestling take-downs.

But, afaik, every single one of her take-down have been from the clinch and via a hip throw. You cannot out-muscle a perfect hip throw.

And if the two people are about equal in weight and size, then technique is far more relevant than strength advantage when it comes to grappling on the ground.

That being said, I don’t know how much better Rousey is at grappling than Faber. Guy is a D1 wrestler after all (something I didn’t notice when I initially wrote that she’s better at grappling than him). It’s pretty much unquestionable that Rousey will throw Faber if she gets the chance; the real question is how she’ll handle him on the ground.

Wow. This is like the old T-mag days lol.

Can she beat up Bruce Lee? 145lbs of pure functional muscle!

[quote]magick wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Agree with the only caveat being Fabor’s strength could be a factor in his take down defense. [/quote]

Only if Rousey went for a double-leg or other conventionally wrestling take-downs.

But, afaik, every single one of her take-down have been from the clinch and via a hip throw. You cannot out-muscle a perfect hip throw.

And if the two people are about equal in weight and size, then technique is far more relevant than strength advantage when it comes to grappling on the ground.

That being said, I don’t know how much better Rousey is at grappling than Faber. Guy is a D1 wrestler after all (something I didn’t notice when I initially wrote that she’s better at grappling than him). It’s pretty much unquestionable that Rousey will throw Faber if she gets the chance; the real question is how she’ll handle him on the ground.[/quote]

Agreed.

On a different note, I think it would be fun to watch a male Rousey clone fight in the welterweight or lightweight class. Her aggression is obviously so much more than every other competitor she’s faced thus far. I’m curious to see whether it’s because she’s just more masculine than them or if it’s because she’s just aggressive, period.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
So no pics then?

Pussy, check.[/quote]

i couldnt give a fuck about proving anything to you when i already KNOW im bigger leaner and stronger

you’re also im guessing at least in your mid 30s based on your pics and look at some of your recent posts i feel embarrassed for you lol (“pussy, check” etc)

just give it up

[quote]TheCB wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
So no pics then?

Pussy, check.[/quote]

i couldnt give a fuck about proving anything to you when i already KNOW im bigger leaner and stronger

you’re also im guessing at least in your mid 30s based on your pics and look at some of your recent posts i feel embarrassed for you lol (“pussy, check” etc)

just give it up

[/quote]

Typical response from a troll that also happens to be a pussy.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]TheCB wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
So no pics then?

Pussy, check.[/quote]

just give it up

[/quote]

Typical response from a troll that also happens to be a pussy. [/quote]

lol you’re just another fat lazy keyboard warrior talking about “bar fights” with world class fighters for gods sake

you’re the troll with what about at the bar or in da streetz idiotic posts

a total embarrassing cliche of a fucking moron

keep thinking that you’re mr ex marine badass

[quote]TheCB wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]TheCB wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
So no pics then?

Pussy, check.[/quote]

just give it up

[/quote]

lol you’re just another fat lazy keyboard warrior talking about “bar fights” with world class fighters for gods sake

you’re the troll with your what about at the bar or in da streetz idiotic posts

[/quote]

My e-peen is just around 15 inches.

And no, I am not posting pictures.

[quote]TheCB wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]TheCB wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
So no pics then?

Pussy, check.[/quote]

just give it up

[/quote]

you’re the troll with what about at the bar or in da streetz idiotic posts

[/quote]

Uhuh, still just words. No back-up. Just hollow words. Only joke here is you.

Fyi, there’s no such thing as an ex marine.

You still suck at reading comprehension.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
You still suck at reading comprehension.[/quote]
Writing as well.

I think there is a high rate of correlation between Internet badassness and real-life dumbassness.