T Nation

Who'd Like to Train Me?

Was wondering if any personal trainers or aspiring personal trainers were looking for a guinea pig to exploit their training skills? Of course you’d do this for free but consider the possibilities of training someone online to have a real world client to showcase to your future clients/work…Of course I’ll only use one trainer to not mix and max ideas.

I was thinking a 3 month first go and after that we can re-evaluate and see where to go from there? I’ve go the fire and will power to give this 110%. Diet, nutrition, supplementation(no AAS/HGH though) and training. Before and after pics would of course be taken, and I would get my BF% tested by a professional.(I work in healthcare, won’t be hard to find someone).

So if you think you’d be interested in taking me from a pile of flab to a slab of decensy please get ahold of me.

you might have more success with this endeavor if you included some background and perhaps some sort of stats/goals/pics etc…

Good idea SD.

I’m 32 years old. 5’10" 225lbs BF% unknown but pretty high

I am former military and during my years in the Navy I was shall I say addicted to the gym. I lived for it. Unfortunately I had a medical mishap caused by the Navy(I had pneumonia, Navy inserted a chest tube in my lung too far, collapsed my lung, caused internal bleeding). After that incident I was medically discharged from the Navy and dove into a deep funk. I know I was depressed and just let me body and parts of my life go to shit.

I will do this with or without a trainer from T-Nation, but I thought it might be cooler if someone wanted to lead me on my journey.

what are you hoping to achieve?

now while trainers do hopefully facilitate the process, they are by no means necessary for making progress in the weightroom.

anything and everything you need to know regarding training is readily available on this site…which…is…AWESOME!!! you have everything necessary for composing a sound training routine and diet.

id advise doing some research about any question you may have. I would also advise reading the articles posted on this site by the several bona fide trainers and coaches that are members of it.

I was about to send you an email offering to help, but I have a question.

Why do you feel you need a trainer and someone to “lead you” if you have been a regular member of this site for quite a few months, and apparently own books like 'Muscle Revolution" etc? Are the programs in it not good enough for you, or do you just feel you should not have to think out your training like the rest of us?

Sorry if that comes across as rude, but I went through your post history and noticed some major inconsistencies with being the type of person who has no available knowledge base and needs to be walked through things. Like, why are you asking for this, I guess, is what I’m wondering. Fuck, someone who even knows the term “AAS” should have a decent enough knowledge base to get started on their own.

Also, you’ve been on the site for months. Have you not been training at all while belonging to a bodybuilding forum this whole time and regularly posting on it? This is a side rant, but I don’t understand why SOOOOO many people who haven’t seen the inside of a gym since Reagan was in office take up so much space on this website. This is not a social networking site folks, it’s a bodybuilding and strength training site.

If that does not apply to you then disregard it. It’s just a large pet peeve of mine. The questions above it are valid, however.

Also, what happened with the girlfriend? LOL

Kubo

You don’t need a trainer. I used to think I needed a trainer, Just find some strong motherfuckers and lift with them. It will rub off on you. You will learn everything you need through osmosis, and in the end, you will have actually accomplished something.

[quote]MikeKubo wrote:
I was about to send you an email offering to help, but I have a question.

Why do you feel you need a trainer and someone to “lead you” if you have been a regular member of this site for quite a few months, and apparently own books like 'Muscle Revolution" etc? Are the programs in it not good enough for you, or do you just feel you should not have to think out your training like the rest of us?

Sorry if that comes across as rude, but I went through your post history and noticed some major inconsistencies with being the type of person who has no available knowledge base and needs to be walked through things. Like, why are you asking for this, I guess, is what I’m wondering. Fuck, someone who even knows the term “AAS” should have a decent enough knowledge base to get started on their own.

Mike, thank you so much for the wake up. You’re so right man. I do have the ability and knowledge to do this on my own. As for the gi

Also, you’ve been on the site for months. Have you not been training at all while belonging to a bodybuilding forum this whole time and regularly posting on it? This is a side rant, but I don’t understand why SOOOOO many people who haven’t seen the inside of a gym since Reagan was in office take up so much space on this website. This is not a social networking site folks, it’s a bodybuilding and strength training site.

If that does not apply to you then disregard it. It’s just a large pet peeve of mine. The questions above it are valid, however.

Also, what happened with the girlfriend? LOL

Kubo[/quote]

Mike, You’re so right man. I have the knowledge and understanding to do this the right way without needing someone to “lead” me.

As for the girlfriend, we’ve talked it out over time and things are so much better. No ex talk, myspace crap and the sex is sooooo much better. I don’t know what happened, but the girl is a FREAK!

as of this moment your a bitch

you want someone to help you?

Go make a training log, get a camera, get pictures of your self, tell us your average calorie per day, your nutrient break down, your maxes in all lifts, your average training schedule, do you do cardio? how much?

Take video’s of your squats, if you dont miss the last rep and your set of 10 working set on squats, and the set didnt last a minimum of 5 minutes then go fuck your self.

If theres even a slight indication that you stopped early in your video’s of your max set go fuck your self.

If you question anything, go fuck your self.

If you shy away from hard exercises or high reps, go fuck your self.

If you ever make an excuse to miss a workout other than someone dying, go fuck your self.

If you ever cut a workout short because you did something else that youd rather do, so you didnt have time to lift, go fuck your self.

When you ask others to invest time in you, you have to work twice as hard. Because your not just wasting your time, your wasting theres.

The fact that you didnt even think to write down your stats, and then when you did you gave that vague information, just screams lazy.

You probably think that some trainer will just train all your fat away, you wont have to work that hard, and when ever you get your abbs youl just maintain with cardio. Shit, I mean why do the research on your own, that shits hard. Get some one else to invest their time in you because your to lazy to do the work for your self. If your to lazy to look this shit up on your own and not know what to do your self, then your far to lazy or simple minded to train as hard as the person investing time in you deserves.

Like I said earlier, up until this moment your a bitch. You do the things I said, post pictures, video tape your heavy exercise to make sure your trying as hard as possible. Dont make excuses, follow a strict diet, take progress pictures, record all workouts in your log. And in 10-12 weeks when you made crazy gains, you will no longer be a bitch. Untill then your just another lazy SOB who wants to benefit off others hard work but not work that hard.

If anyone accepts this guy and is willing to invest their time to give him some awesome gains, put him through hell in every workout, and have him video tape his hardest sets, if he isnt doing everything you say and training until near death dont even invest your time.

And guy, if you make any kind of excuse why you cant get a camera, or internet access, or find time to post progress pictures and document all your workouts… Then you arent worth anyones time. Much less their time when they aren’t getting payed.

this was constructive criticism, if you find anything negative in this that makes you cross your legs to hide your vagina then you definitely arent worth anyones time.

I may be being hard on you, but wasting someones time (10 weeks of train) by not trying your absolute hardest and doing everything that person says (you asked for their help after all) is far more rude than anything I could write to you on this forum.

[quote]Mega Newb wrote:
A damn good post
[/quote]

OP, pay attention to Mega.

megatwat or whatever your name is does your mummy know you speak like that?

your like 15 arent you?

what makes you think you can talk to people like that for askin for help?

internet badass :slight_smile:

[quote]StephenD wrote:
megatwat or whatever your name is does your mummy know you speak like that?

your like 15 arent you?

what makes you think you can talk to people like that for askin for help?

internet badass :)[/quote]

Well the guy is bloody strong, but he IS pretty cocky. Particularly as he is so young. I guess its the cultural difference between America and most other places, if you have it, you can flaunt it!

I’d love to do something like this, but unfortunately I think this would be a bit of a waste of time if it had to be done over the internet.

[quote]StephenD wrote:
megatwat or whatever your name is does your mummy know you speak like that?[/quote]

yes and it was pretty mild, seems to have got your panties in a bunch tho. Let me guess, you got offended because it sounded like I was insulting you?

I wish

The cool thing about the internet is you dont have to worry about having to deal with the people in every day life. You can say what needs to be said for your, or their, or others benefit.

I hate people who ask for help and then dont accept it, its rude and a waste of peoples time. Especially with how much effort the OP is asking people to put in.

If the OP didnt think enough to at least give his full stats and the information I talked about before creating this thread what does it say about him?

the difference between a internet bad ass and me is Im not afraid to say the things I say over the internet in real life. In fact most of the time I would come off allot worse in real life.

I may not waste my time with people in every day situations because I would probably end up killing people because of how fucking annoying they are.

When someone asks for something as big as the OP just asked for without putting in any thought into the making of this thread, they deserve to hear what I just said.

I would see it as motivation to work harder and the stereotype wrong. People like you may see it in a different way. At the end of the day Il still be me, youl still be you. I wont be losing sleep over it.

OP, I really hope you do find a good trainer to help you. I hope you make a ton of progress and get way bigger and stronger and leaner. Truly I do. Dont think Im here to put you down. Im here to put down the typical lazy fuck who wastes peoples time and just pisses everyone off in general.

Good luck with your goals.

[quote]aussie101 wrote:
StephenD wrote:
megatwat or whatever your name is does your mummy know you speak like that?

your like 15 arent you?

what makes you think you can talk to people like that for askin for help?

internet badass :slight_smile:

Well the guy is bloody strong, but he IS pretty cocky. Particularly as he is so young. I guess its the cultural difference between America and most other places, if you have it, you can flaunt it![/quote]

its really not about flaunting man…

I have tryed to help countless people in person who talk a big game and ask me for help and I spend a bunch of my time trying to help them and then they dont even give me the satisfaction of at least making gains from the work I put in.

I think we have all had situations like this, perhaps not tho.

Asking someone to write you a diet and be your trainer for 10 weeks is allot to ask for. Asking for allot in return from them is only fair.

I may have taken my anger out on the wrong person, however the point got across I think. If the OP’s head is in the right place I dont think he will see it as a attack against him, more a attack against the people Im speaking of.

anyway Im out of this thread, just thought Id put in my 2cents

Mega Newb ain’t nuttin’ to fuck with…

:wink:

[quote]Mega Newb wrote:
aussie101 wrote:
StephenD wrote:
megatwat or whatever your name is does your mummy know you speak like that?

your like 15 arent you?

what makes you think you can talk to people like that for askin for help?

internet badass :slight_smile:

Well the guy is bloody strong, but he IS pretty cocky. Particularly as he is so young. I guess its the cultural difference between America and most other places, if you have it, you can flaunt it!

its really not about flaunting man…

I have tryed to help countless people in person who talk a big game and ask me for help and I spend a bunch of my time trying to help them and then they dont even give me the satisfaction of at least making gains from the work I put in.

I think we have all had situations like this, perhaps not tho.

Asking someone to write you a diet and be your trainer for 10 weeks is allot to ask for. Asking for allot in return from them is only fair.

I may have taken my anger out on the wrong person, however the point got across I think. If the OP’s head is in the right place I dont think he will see it as a attack against him, more a attack against the people Im speaking of.

anyway Im out of this thread, just thought Id put in my 2cents

[/quote]

a lot

[quote]cobrakai wrote:

Mike, You’re so right man. I have the knowledge and understanding to do this the right way without needing someone to “lead” me.

[/quote]

I wasn’t tryin to bring the heat down on ya, lol, just curious as to why you made this post. I’ve heard of people who train alone using each other online before as sort of a ‘responsibility system’ where they had to report to each other about their training, made sure each other didn’t program hop, which tons of people (including myself) are guilty of from time to time until that program has officially run it’s course, etc.

I don’t believe there is anything wrong with that. I also don’t believe there is anything wrong with asking for help if it is truly needed, just wondering why you felt like you needed it if your knowledge base is what it is. From what I’ve heard, Muscle Revolution alone has years worth of shit to do in it, plus this site. I don’t think you could fit all the programs on this site in, even following them for only half of the suggested time,if you lived to be 100, lol, so the knowledge is definitely there. Perhaps there’s suggestions or something that would’ve been a more appropriate question.

Or, perhaps you’re an old lonely billionaire who was about to give like $10 million dollars to someone before you die who was nice and knowledgeable enough to help an internet stranger out for free. In that case, I fucked up. :slight_smile:

Kubo

I’ll train you for 1,200 bucks for 3 months.

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
I’ll train you for 1,200 bucks for 3 months. [/quote]

I hope you’re joking bro? IronAddict only charges I believe $200 for your first 3 months and he’s very reputable online.

[quote]Mega Newb wrote:
as of this moment your a bitch

you want someone to help you?

Go make a training log, get a camera, get pictures of your self, tell us your average calorie per day, your nutrient break down, your maxes in all lifts, your average training schedule, do you do cardio? how much?

Take video’s of your squats, if you dont miss the last rep and your set of 10 working set on squats, and the set didnt last a minimum of 5 minutes then go fuck your self.

If theres even a slight indication that you stopped early in your video’s of your max set go fuck your self.

If you question anything, go fuck your self.

If you shy away from hard exercises or high reps, go fuck your self.

If you ever make an excuse to miss a workout other than someone dying, go fuck your self.

If you ever cut a workout short because you did something else that youd rather do, so you didnt have time to lift, go fuck your self.

When you ask others to invest time in you, you have to work twice as hard. Because your not just wasting your time, your wasting theres.

The fact that you didnt even think to write down your stats, and then when you did you gave that vague information, just screams lazy.

You probably think that some trainer will just train all your fat away, you wont have to work that hard, and when ever you get your abbs youl just maintain with cardio. Shit, I mean why do the research on your own, that shits hard. Get some one else to invest their time in you because your to lazy to do the work for your self. If your to lazy to look this shit up on your own and not know what to do your self, then your far to lazy or simple minded to train as hard as the person investing time in you deserves.

Like I said earlier, up until this moment your a bitch. You do the things I said, post pictures, video tape your heavy exercise to make sure your trying as hard as possible. Dont make excuses, follow a strict diet, take progress pictures, record all workouts in your log. And in 10-12 weeks when you made crazy gains, you will no longer be a bitch. Untill then your just another lazy SOB who wants to benefit off others hard work but not work that hard.

If anyone accepts this guy and is willing to invest their time to give him some awesome gains, put him through hell in every workout, and have him video tape his hardest sets, if he isnt doing everything you say and training until near death dont even invest your time.

And guy, if you make any kind of excuse why you cant get a camera, or internet access, or find time to post progress pictures and document all your workouts… Then you arent worth anyones time. Much less their time when they aren’t getting payed.

this was constructive criticism, if you find anything negative in this that makes you cross your legs to hide your vagina then you definitely arent worth anyones time.

I may be being hard on you, but wasting someones time (10 weeks of train) by not trying your absolute hardest and doing everything that person says (you asked for their help after all) is far more rude than anything I could write to you on this forum.[/quote]

…Ouch