T Nation

Whoa...Bill Roberts Posts Here!

Really nice to see you posting in this section so often Mr. Roberts. I’ve followed your work with interest over the years and have learned a lot from your postings on various message boards.

In my opinion you were more or less responsible for bringing the word “transdermal” to the world of bodybuilding supplementation.

Just out of curiosity, what are some research areas you’re pursuing these days? Have you found anything on pubmed that’s really piqued your interest lately?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Yes, there’s a couple new things, or actually three, that are very interesting that I’m working on. One being an entirely unique way of increasing T, another also hormonally related but I don’t want to say even the general area, and another a product/program towards largely ameliorating and in some cases normalizing an all-too-common disease condition.

However, loose lips sink ships and all that, so that is all that can be said.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:

Yes, there’s a couple new things, or actually three, that are very interesting that I’m working on.

One being an entirely unique way of increasing T, another also hormonally related but I don’t want to say even the general area, and another a product/program towards largely ameliorating and in some cases normalizing an all-too-common disease condition.

However, loose lips sink ships and all that, so that is all that can be said. [/quote]

That sounds very interesting, Bill.

I too enjoy and greatly appreciate your posts.

I agree. Bill posting here regularly is the best thing that’s happened to this site in a while.

Yup, glad to have ya’ here as well. In fact just went back and read the Big Cheese interviews.

Hey Bill, are you still at UF?

No, been about 6 or 7 years now since then.

Thanks, all!

Thank you, Bill. I appreciate the time you take to answer all of our questions.

Sure thing!

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:

Yes, there’s a couple new things, or actually three, that are very interesting that I’m working on. One being an entirely unique way of increasing T, another also hormonally related but I don’t want to say even the general area, and another a product/program towards largely ameliorating and in some cases normalizing an all-too-common disease condition.

However, loose lips sink ships and all that, so that is all that can be said. [/quote]

So Bill sorry to pry but when can we find out about these new discoveries of yours?

Thanks

When/if not only are we absolutely sure we are going to market them but every single manufacturing and other issue has been taken care of, pre-production samples have been made, and in-house testing has been done.

I made a mistake early in my career with Biotest of saying that two product ideas – a testosterone ether and a nandrolone ether, both of which were legal to the letter of the law in those days – were going to be sold by us and this generated a lot of excitement but ultimately technical issues prevented that from ever happening.

Namely, while the manufacturer was able to get free testosterone and free nandrolone down to extremely low levels, they never were able to achieve undetectable, which is what was required to be legal.

That was a “loose lips sink ships” for sure.

Also, besides the issue that sometimes one can really think a product is going to make it to market but ultimately this proves not true, so leading people to believe it was going to be was a wrong thing to do, but there is also absolutely no reason to give other companies advance notice.

So, while if not for those factors I’d like to, in practice it’s a poor idea to reveal anything really informative or definitive about novel product types until really just right before release.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I’d also like to express my gratitude for your expertise. Whenever I see ‘Bill Roberts’ next to a thread, I have to read it, even if the subject matter isn’t something I’d normally care about. Of course, it’s always worthwhile.

Yep, great to have you hear Bill :slight_smile: