Who You Jivin With That Cosmik Debris

No, take out. We wound up making a toasted cheese sandwich. I’m not really supposed to be eating bread, so it did feel good breaking the rules.

I woke up this morning thinking about how I have not been drinking enough water which in turn made me start thinking about this whole “Body Love” thing.

Now I know TNation kind of rips on this movement, but I think it’s more because people don’t actually follow through. I remember reading a quote “True self-love is not a concept, it is the daily manifestations of healthy choices that celebrate, support and enable who we truly are.” She basically went on to say that it’s these tangible daily manifestations that let us know we experience self-love, etc.

So that’s my quote for the day.

1 Like

Did some gentle yoga yesterday. Learned a few new tricks. Going to get some ART today, after Feldenkrais.

Then later on in the week I’ll the Trapbar (squatting still pinches, though) and see if I can do hip thrusts ok again.

Nothing really to report. Went to Feldenkrais class, only to wake up to people walking over me as they exited the room. Oops, I just got too relaxed. And I ruined my nails by making pie crust.

Nice! Where do I sign up for that class?

I’m willing to pay to relax at this point.

And the whole pie crust thing is why I avoid manicures. :grinning:

1 Like

So I was advised to try Trapbar split squats, but my knee kept getting in the way. So just did normal TBar squats, and glute was being all pinchy still. But it’s been worse. Anxiety is up too, but I got through yesterday. Monday was not a very good day mentally. Visiting a friend this weekend, maybe that might help. Have not been doing anything really fun in a long while.

Go get some fun in.

Hope things get better.

1 Like

I tried the trap bar for split squats, but it was very awkward. I didn’t like them either. Hope things better for you soon.

Thanks, yeah no things are tumbling down again. Where we live isn’t working out for us, thinking about moving again. I just have not been settled or even feeling very settled for a year & half now. Our income situation is going to change too in the next few months. It’ll get resolved but don’t have a plan yet.

Sorry to hear that, I hate moving! Hang in there. It will get better.

Bah fuckity fuck fuck. That’s all I have to say

1 Like

Weekend was highs and lows. Good stuff went to a presentation workshop and drove down to my friends. Where I was instantly greeting with hugs and kisses from her 2 kids :family_man_woman_girl_boy: & 2 dogs :dog: :feet:(I’m still covered in hairs, :joy:. And they didn’t even really know me. Ah why does she live so far away!!

And on top of everything else gym upped their prices, I really can’t afford it now. Ah I’m trying to come up with some mutual win win shit for where we live, without sounding like a bitch.

I should be logging shit about lifting shit not this!!!

Stupid assholes ( the gym owners)! Do they think everybody is made of money! Maybe you can pay them in dog hair?
Glad you did have a little fun tho! Hang in there.

Hope you get things sorted out soon. We miss you!

Aw thanks. Ugh well I’m fat again. I’ve been sitting at the computer a lot, trying to get my side coaching/tutoring business going, not to mention my current part time job. I might be starting something else too. And the other half is losing his job, I’m not sure I want us to stay living in this house/city either. Everything is up in the air.

But I found a gym I fell in love with, it’s a 25 minute walk though, but it has everything I ever wanted in a gym, well as soon as I can get back to a good routine. I even did some plyo box jumps, which I have not done in about 25 years. My right glute is getting better, but not 100%. I worked with a PT who noted I need to use bands when I’m squatting, just for awhile.

A friend lent me NROLW, I did that years ago, found stage 2 very fun, so might start with that. Something basic. I’m hoping to be on here more, but still trying to get my business going, have to think of a new direction.

2 Likes

I hope your business takes off. Sorry your other half is losing his job. I’ll keep my fingers crossed he finds another one soon. And I’m happy to read your right glute is doing better (is that weird to say?).

1 Like

Sorry to hear things are still unsettled. Glad you found gym though. I am sure you are terribly obese… NOT!

Who wouldn’t want you to be their coach? I am sure you will make it a success.

The glute getting better is great news.
Hang in there, things get better when you least expect it.

1 Like

When it rains it pours. So…my last day at my part time job is next month. I’m trying to be positive, and actually the only thing I really need to concentrate on right now is getting a job. Sucks big time but it simplifies things. Side job will have to wait, it was at least in the area that I want to get a job in. Hmm, going to have to look & sound as young as I can now, everyone seems to want 20 somethings.

Anyway last weekend made sure to buy enough food to try to follow some of the recipes in NROLW. So at least I’ve been trying to eat well enough. A few slip ups and drinks. And I’ve been walking a lot. Only got to the gym yesterday, after the big news.

Stage 1, W 1 (well sort of)

Squats: were ok, 75lbs was the max

Push ups: suck with my shoulder still, need to do some scalp stabilisation

Standing rows: Those were fun

Step ups: I do like the fact that they include single leg exercises at the end.

Prone Jackknife: Ok yeah.

All in all I think I can only squat once a week, glute was a little touchy there, mostly hip flexors. Going to sub w/ hip thrusts. A little DOMS, but the good kind that just makes you feel like you did something.

2 Likes

Oh and my hair is falling out, I cracked my tooth, had to go to urgent care, so had a touch of bronchitis. Getting a crown next week, yay, but at least this all happened with health insurance (which ends Mon)

Well damn! You need a whole rabbit not just the foot. Ugh! Sending positive thoughts your way.
They all want 20 somethings here too. That way they can tell them what to do, and whether it is right or wrong they never question it :smirk:

1 Like

Hoping you’ll find a great job quickly!

1 Like