Who You Jivin With That Cosmik Debris

A good night’s sleep should fix all of this. Good to just listen to your body. Good luck with the job search!

2 Likes

Thanks, yes yesterday’s workout was better, even though it was hard getting there. But think I was just feeling unsure from Friday’s workout.

Sumo’s
Warm up
10-75 lbs
8-95 lbs
6-125 lbs
4-145 lbs
2-165 lbs
2-175 lbs
–maybe 5 lbs more here & there

Worksets
3 x 5 - 145 lbs

Scalp ups
4 x 8 (or 3 x 8), can’t remember

Inverted Rows
3 x 10 - w/ chin tuck & 5 secs hold

Assit Pull ups
3 x 4 - 50lbs

Pronated curls
3 x 10 - 10lbs ea

I put these last to help save the forearm muscles

Calluses were hurty today, hard to pick up the bar. And ribs bothering me :frowning:

1 Hang Power Clean + 3 Push Presses
1 x 3 - 65 lbs
7 x 3 - 75 lbs
2 x 3 - 80 lbs

1 Clean + 5 Front Squats
2 x 5 - 75 lbs
1 x 5 - 80 lbs

Assit Dips
3 x 10 - 80 lbs

2 x 10 Paused Front Squats
2 x 10 - MPs

I’m starting to eat 4 prunes a day and drinking some fermented millet drink to try to help with my digestion. I’ve tried that Miss Fit and enzymes, although truthfully I keep forgetting to take enzymes at the right time.

Although my new sort of diet regime is not really working out with the rest of the ‘family’. Need to come up with ways to cook two dinners and prepare two different kinds of snacks.

But good news, I tried on my trousers and they are practically falling off me. Nothing is working today as planned but I’m getting a massage, F-IT!!!

WHOOT!!! Obviously your cut is working.

I’m looking at your Cleans and Push Presses and thinking that I want to start adding some weight to mine.

P.S. I like prunes but fermented millet whatever… sounds horrible.

1 Like

No the fermented millet isn’t the best tasting, or rather smelling but it’s better than the barley one I tried years ago

Yay I like slow eccentrics on the sumos.

Sumo’s
Warm up
10-75 lbs
8-95 lbs
6-125 lbs
4-145 lbs
2-165 lbs
2-175 lbs

Worksets - Slow Eccentrics
3 x 5 - 145 lbs

Scalp ups
4 x 8 (or 5 x 8), can’t remember again, so did extra set

Inverted Rows (got a little lazy, but chin tucks seem to help)
3 x 8 - w/ chin tuck & 5 secs hold

Assit Pull ups (oof taking away 5 lbs was harder than I thought)
1 x 4 - 45 lbs
1 x 3 - 45 lbs
1 x 2 - 45 lbs

Pronated curls
3 x 10 - 10lbs ea

1 Like

You’re working hard in here. And it’s impressive. What a beautiful back you have! I would love to have that kind of mass and definition.

1 Like

Thank you very much. My body is starting to feel like itself again. My tris are coming back too

I just need to make sure nothing gets in my way again with it, including myself. I’m giving myself the goal of getting to the gym every day unless some major event happens in which case getting out every day, the little hiccups won’t matter.

Ordered more Metabolic Drive, tried to do another well known brand that I thought would be cheaper, but blah on the taste & was false economy. Not sold on the Plazma though, it’s still sitting there. But thinking about Creatine for every lifting workout and Superpump when needed.

Yay slow eccentric front squats tomorrow.

. You know those workouts where you get distracted a couple of times, well this was more like a workout where I could only concentrate a couple of times. Didn’t help that I had to rush out this morning without eating properly.

[quote=“minimaltechno, post:929, topic:175015”]
Yay slow eccentric front squats tomorrow.
[/quote] Not sure why I said yay :-/

Need to do my shoulder test before workout next time, couldn’t get 5 lbs up on lateral raises. Push presses were going up fine, but right side always wanted to come down faster than the left.

My cleans were pretty sucky too.

1 Hang Power Clean + 3 Push Presses
1 x 3 - 65 lbs
7 x 3 - 75 lbs
2 x 3 - 80 lbs

1 Clean + 5 Front Squats (slow eccentrics)
3 x 5 - 75 lbs
Oof was hard to get out of the hole, no exploding up there.

Assit Dips (took some pity on the right shoulder)
3 x 10 - 90 lbs

2 x 10 Paused Front Squats
2 x 10 - MPs

And to top it off didn’t get the job. I was two minds about it anyway, but still.

1 Like

Wednesday
That was a long workout, dragging my heels and stretching out the rest periods.

Sumo’s
Warm up
10-75 lbs
8-95 lbs
6-125 lbs
4-145 lbs
2-165 lbs
2-175 lbs

3 x 5 - 145 lbs

Scalp ups
4 x 8

Inverted Rows (chin tuck still helping)
3 x 8 - 6 secs hold

Pronated curls
3 x 10 - 12.5 lbs ea

I think I’m going to limit my inverted rows by feel. There were some reps I didn’t get the lat activation going on, which is the goal.

I’m hoping the shoulder holds up on the eccentric part of the push presses today.

1 Like

Oh my, I’m surprised you have any lat activation issues. Your back looks GREAT!
About lats, I tried using the Trap bar today for bent over rows. I’d recently seen it in this John Meadows video. I think they are better for me than bent over rows. Just something to try maybe.

1 Like

Things were a little different, this workout. I did my shoulder test before I started lifting and it was not happy. So instead I did full cleans instead of push presses & dips, probably from watching @anon71262119. Saving my shoulders from the push press but not saving my ribs. They are not happy with me now. I just got too excited, like a little puppy.

MP
3 x 10 - empty bar

Cleans
75 lbs - 100 lbs
Have no idea on the weight progression as I was kind of just messing around

3 x 5 - 75 lbs
eccentrics are great for feeling the glutes engaged thru the entire move

Ok now to try go make peace with my ribs. I might take it easy tomorrow.

1 Like

Coolie, I’ll try those, the empty bar is probably enough weight for me now

Yesterday was blah, fing hormones. Today was busy, but I got in a an hour rollerblading session. Wasn’t too tiriing cardio wise, but my right hip likes to give out. And bah went out for pizza and a few glasses of wine.

Tomorrow is busy too but want to fit in a sumo session, even just a quick one with inverted rows

Stupid right shoulder, and stupid me. I’m supposed to be avoiding aggravating things, thought I was being smart but meh.
Sumo’s
Warm up
10-80 lbs
8-95 lbs
6-125 lbs
4-145 lbs
2-165 lbs
2-175 lbs

3 x 5 - 145 lbs

3 x 2 - Assit pull ups - 40 lbs

Tried to do scalp ups but stupid shoulder. BAH

Deads are very solid and I concur with the others your back is impressive. Great work.

Don’t beat yourself up on the aggravating injuries. I think a whole bunch of us in here are guilty of that. It seems like things should heal up much more quickly than they actually do. :disappointed:

1 Like

Haha! Sorry 'bout that! Ouch!!
I learned the split jerk this week. These are MY THING!

At John Meadows rowing the trap bar. Oh man. I was doing those with just the 10’s on it so I think that’s 75 pounds. Those are MUCH harder for me at a lighter weight than rowing a straight BB, and hitting my lats a lot more. Interested to see if you find the same.

Thanks, that made me feel better. A couple of people in my life are just unsure about me lifting weights, so I’m trying to prove that I can consistently do it without really injuring myself. Might need to pay the Needle Man a visit.

Not your fault, and I’m going to stop for now anyway until I can look/work my technique. It’s a bit rusty, 3 or 4 years??? Tomorrow I’m shaking up my upper body pulls, going to try out the trap rows.

Yay onto jerking that’s great, all about hip drive and getting under the bar.

1 Like

Yin yoga early this morning. Oof we stretched our hips. Then onto morning lifting, my body still hadn’t woken up.

MP’s 2 x 10 - empty bar

1 Clean + 3 Push presses
1 - 65 lbs
1 - 70 lbs
1 - 75 lbs
6 - 80 lbs
Ok having to hold the bar with elbows pointing down on the push presses, seems to make the shoulder feel better.

3 x 5 - 75 lbs
Still bouncing out of the hole even though I’m slowly lowering down, but the paused FS next session will be interesting

Dips
3 x 10 - 90lbs
not sure if these are doing my shoulder any favours

1 Like