Who You Jivin With That Cosmik Debris

Acupuncture or dry needling? I’ve never had either. Hope you get to feeling well.

Thanks, no its not dry needling, sometimes I wish he did that. He’s an orthopedic acupuncturist, used to be an ART therapist. He still does a bit of that each session, with some other massage techniques too. He’s not a fluffy bunny acupuncturist.

I can walk and cycle a bit better, but have to pay attention if not I get a short spasms. Mmm wonder if I need a new type of magnesium, I switched brands last month.

Things feel better, going to test out tomorrow. But I was quite busy over the weekend cycling to walk doggies and cycling home, so no real issues. But if the dog walk jobs keep coming in, between cycling and the walks I don’t think I need to add any cardio in.

TOM, so all joints and bones are a bit cranky, even at the restorative yoga I did today. But with the time I’ve had not working out properly I’ve thought about a few things. I’m going to give each exercise its own number of sets and reps depending on what I’ve learned my body best responds to. Like using CT’s Fixed Weight Progression for DL’s, Assit Pull ups and FS. And my shoulder seems to like 3 sets of 10 on the dips, etc. Not sure about the cleans & push pressses, 10 sets of 3 seemed fine, but I’m thinking I need to move on to MP’s. And I’ll experiment with different row variations for now.

Anyway today was some upper just to get the blood going.
MP - 3x5
Asst Pull - 4x5
Asst dips - 3x10

Testing lower body tommorrow w/ light weights. The cycing up the hill to walk doggie. She’s a slow timid walker, though.

1 Like

Deadlifts were ok, maybe one or two reps where I didn’t feel the right glute engage, had to really focus on engaging it. Warms ups were ok, wasn’t until the 4 set of warm ups that I felt in control of everything. I didn’t have my regular shoes either, just running shoes and the non slippery platform was taken.

Sumo’s

65 lbs - 12
75 lbs - 10
95 lbs - 10
115 lbs - 8 (these felt spot on)
125 lbs - 6

145 lbs - 3
2 x 155 lbs - 3
(hmm I think I’ll stick with 145 for the fix progression)

Pull up
3x5 - 65lbs

Dips
2x10 - 90lbs

I think I’m only really fooling myself with the assisted pull ups. The machine helps too much at the top of the pull up. I can get up half way on my own, but can’t do a dead hang. So I might start following this for awhile, I think my right shoulder blade needs some training to depress properly

1 Like

Agree. For me it was better to just give it a little hop to get my chest up there and then work the concentric instead of using the assist machine. That really helped me move my pull-ups.

Also, I really like inverted rows. I don’t have access to rings like they show as a variation in that article, but I’d just do them in the rack. Controlled and with a hard squeeze at the top. Those helped me really activate my back.

Great, thanks for the advice @anon71262119 . Yeah I might try the inverted rows. Also still need to lose some fat so I weigh less.

1 Like

Everything got a bit derailed when I went to visit my mother. Eating, drinking, it was like my old habits came rushing back to me. And only doing some exercising, I have that to hold onto at least.

I like this, need to read this to myself every day.

1 Like

Uh… YEAH!!! Don’t worry about cardio babe.

Well did some 15 min running on the treadmill, but that won’t kill me, and kind of clears my head. I might throw in some Tabata stat bikes. That should be enough cardio for me without being too much. And if I can ever find my jump rope too. But I won’t cry if I can’t get to them every week.

Simplicity today, DL’s and some inverted rows with a 3 sec squeeze at the top.

Sumo’s
Warm up
12-65 lbs
10-75 lbs
8-95 lbs
6-125 lbs
4-145 lbs
3-165 lbs
3-175 lbs

Think I could do with 1 or 2 less warm up sets, but I’m being careful for now, wanted to make sure I could keep everything tight.

Sumo worksets
3 x 5 - 145 lbs
Superset with 10 pronated curls

3 x 10 Inverted rows
with squeeze at top (needed to keep my concentration on my right shoulder, not sure how well I did, my neck started to get tired)

Just some messing at the end
Assit Pull ups - 2 x 3 - 50lbs
10 - Front squats
Vertical hamstring curls

1 Like

Hmm one shoulder just doesn’t stay down, compared to the other!!!

This is me just doing an dead hang
And yep those are tan lines, been living in a country without sun and got a bit more colour.

2 Likes

New motto, for now, to keep up motivation, is to keep something in the tank. That’s going to go for everything in my life I think, exercising, studying, job searching.

I got a sample of some creatine so off to the gym I went.

1 Hang Power Clean + 3 Push Presses
7 x 3 - 75 lbs
They were supposed to be 10 sets but got distracted when some oblivious whipper snapper stole my collars, the f-er. I think there might’ve been some steriods in that creatine because I wanted to through a bumper plate at his head. But anyway the first few cleans were nice and snappy and then the last couple I was tired and sloppy.

1 Clean + 5 Front Squats
3 x 5 - 75 lbs

Assit Dips
3 x 10 - 80lbs

Some sort of bike tabatas
The bike’s stupid computer kept pausing on me though

Just some messing w/ empty bar
10- Paused Front Squats
10 - MPs

2 Likes

Sumo’s
Warm up
10-75 lbs
8-95 lbs
6-125 lbs
4-145 lbs
2-165 lbs
2-175 lbs

Worksets
3 x 5 - 145 lbs
Superset with 10 pronated curls

Inverted rows
3 x 8
Superset w/ scalp ups

Assit Pull ups
3 x 4 - 50lbs

Still not sure I’m doing the inverted rows correctly activating what I should. Tried to keep my head inline. But I could really feel the scalps & lats doing what they should on the scalp ups. Could feel it all the way to the lower part of my lats.

Nice back definition there, MT!

1 Like

Byooteeful back.

I hate cardio. In all its forms. And to think I used to be a distance runner.

1 Like

Thanks guys. I’m feeling some DOMS in the upper back from yesterday. Not sure how I’m going to do push presses, it’ll look funny. But I was starving yesterday, starving like I have not been for months now, so must’ve been a good workout. Also had an early morning cycle to dog walk. We then went out for Vietnamese, had seafood noodle soup, came home took a nap, and then ate some more food.

That’s a lovely back. Wow. You’ve got a tiny waist. I know you’ve been cuttting a bit. That’s a great back pic. Nice job! As for one shoulder a little high, I think I have that too. My left is a bit tighter than my right. Always something to work on in terms of symmetry and ROM.

About the inverted rows, you’re describing what I do I think. And you’re feeling your lats and scapula. Humm. Hold the bar just outside of your shoulder width. Chest proud. Row chest to the bar. Keep head inline and chin tucked a bit instead of straining up. I do set the bar in the rack right where I put if for squats, then I walk my feet forward enough so my shoulders are in line for rowing.

Ah yes the chin tuck, that might be the answer. You are a wise woman :wink:

Need to get my waist tinier, doesn’t look so tiny in the front since I started getting fat there. I used to never get fat in my stomach, would just all go to my hips, but I guess with age and the stupid amount of stress I had for awhile, it all adds up.

My god I woke up starving this morning too, I hope that means my metabolism is kicking up. Won’t get to the gym until later too.

1 Hang Power Clean + 3 Push Presses
10 x 3 - 75 lbs

—hmm seems I have not been racking the bar properly before push presses, need to go closer to the collar bone. After I did that my hip drive was very good that it nearly bounced me over.–

1 Clean + 5 Front Squats
3 x 5 - 75 lbs

Assit Dips
3 x 10 - 80lbs

10 Paused Front Squats
2 x 10 - MPs

2 Likes

Truth for older stressed people! Since I turned 40, all my fat congregates on my love handles. It used to spread out evenly everywhere.

2 Likes

Well went out of town again for an interview, so routines were interrupted. Got in late, was really tired, had to do work and dog walk, and tried to workout. Was really hard to get to gym, and then when I was almost done with my warm up, I noticed my left side try to take over for the right, and I was yawning my way through, so I stopped. Some guy wanted the platform anyway and said I didn’t need to put away the weights. Well you don’t have to tell me that twice.
:runner:

Sumos
Warm up
10-75 lbs
8-95 lbs
6-125 lbs
4-145 lbs
2-165 lbs

1 Like