Who You Jivin With That Cosmik Debris

Day 12 over.

Had to speed through my workout, took off 5 seconds off but added 10lbs on FS. I’m kind of guessing at the weight. Had to get thru the workout fast so didn’t check form as properly as before. Think the ole hips just need a bit of oiling. I probably should’ve done a couple of run throughs a week or so before, since I was a bit rusty on these exercises except the sumo and push press.

Yeah stomach gets bloated quite easily, might see about taking some enzymes like Beano and some lactase one. Cravings again yesterday. I’m hoping I won’t be such a whiney bitch today.

1 Like

DUDE!

I’ve suffered through deprivation diets A LOT so I feel justified in weighing in here. For starters, if you’ve never done a serious, committed caloric deficit before, somewhere around the first 5-10 days you go through the worst part. This is when the deprivation plays with your head. In my case, I actually hit panic and my fight-or-flight kicked in. It was almost frightening.

THE GOOD NEWS IS… it passes and this whole experience gets easier. I suspect you’re already coming out the far side of that phase. So kudos.

Second, do you have any “freebies” in your diet plan? Occasional times where you can have a treat? If not, I’d suggest the giving yourself a programmed break (for me it’s Wednesday and Saturday dessert after dinner), helps a LOT with cravings. Now these breaks have to be reasonable (i.e. a small ice cream cone, not the entire gallon pail).

Thoughts?

Day 13 POOF, OVER!

Yesterday was a bit better.Woke up again with a tension headache at 5am, so just stuck with my NEPA walk. 7% incline on the treadmill with a little help from The Police.

Still have cravings, especially when I have to watch others drink beer. But I think my top half is getting smaller. Always wanted ‘them’ to be bigger, but now that I got my wish, don’t think the extra ‘bits’ suit me.

Think I went a bit over my dinner calories, I didn’t prepare the veggies, so there was a bit of oil in them, not sure how much.

I don’t feel like I have any energy to get through the 50 rep workout.

1 Like

Ah hello, thank you for the encouragement! The first 6 days were actually ok, even the first weekend was good. It’s the last few days that have been bad, so it seems to be getting worse, maybe as my body is wondering where all my calories are.

I’ve been on diets before, where I did allow myself some treats. But this is probably the more extreme. I’m not sure, I’m supposed to be resetting my habits and taste buds to crave healthier foods. I’ll see how I get on over the weekend, and if I’m really driving myself bananas a small treat might be in order.

Although I’m not really craving sweets which is unusual. I just miss something really creamy, like mayo or cream sauce and a nice glass of wine.

1 Like

Day 14, YAY!!!

(fake enthusiasm)

Got a bit dizzy during my warm up yesterday, workout was very tough to get through. Can’t move my arms very well today, even though I cut 5 seconds off, for some crazy reason I added 5lbs to my push press.

Then had to rush around to get places on my bike, so that was enough NEPA for me. Was starving by the time I got back home, probably had a few more calories than I should’ve but I didn’t care. The wait was a bit too long between the 3rd shake and the HSM.

I’m tired and cranky, and have to go out again tonight for some business meet up, where I won’t be able to take part in the free food or wine.

Good news though, I seem to be down a couple of inches in the puffy part of my stomach. But yeah I think the first bit of fat is going from the top. Waist is still the same, I think, hips might be less than half an inch. I suck a measuring myself unless there’s a big difference. I’ll hop on the sucky scale tomorrow.

OMG 13 more days!!!

I couldn’t really move yesterday, had to summon the wherewithal to get to the meeting last night. They had pizza and beer, so instead I munched on a couple of salad leaves and 3 olives, and I missed my 3rd shake. And we ran out of veggies for last night’s HSM.

Really don’t want to go to the gym today or get on my bike to go to the gym. Whine whine, moan moan. Anyway yoga today and then I have to lift some weights. The timing should be reversed but I can’t lift weights so early in the mornings, or do anything really.

1 Like

This is “the suck”. And it… well… sucks.

1 Like

CK…Ain’t that the truth brother!

Day 16

Felt a bit better after the yoga. Now I normally don’t believe in all that Reiki crap, but when this particular instructor goes around to help you, puts a blanket on you, etc you feel a nice wave of cozy and safe energy just wash over you.

The workout was ok, except I can’t seem to do any horizontal pressing, my right shoulder gave out on the 30th rep, so I stopped there. And bollix, I was supposed to do assisted pull up and did bent-over row instead, and the side plank instead of the reg plank. All the days are just feeling mixed up. Was in such a rush to get to the gym and get out.

Body is a bit achey, just in the joints.

Day 17 over

Really getting sick of the shakes.

So I ‘practiced’ going to a restaurant for my HSM yesterday. Looked up the menu beforehand but when I got there they didn’t have what I wanted. So I picked an ahi salad, which was meh, better than a shake but really wanted to have a greasy sandwich with a cocktail. Definitely going to plan out a cheat meal once a week, once I get back to normal eating. Or well how I should normally be eating from now on.

However, pants were feeling looser, so that’s good. Arms look less poofy. Still ways to go, though. Body is still achey all over, mornings are the worst, even my throat hurt.

V challenge was a bit easier, but had to do hand walk-outs on a bench, right shoulder is kind of useless.

1 Like

Day 19

Hmm, well I have not been putting in enough oomph in my NEPA walks. I’m biking around, did a bit of walking yesterday, etc. I’m feeling a bit slimmer but I’m on day 19, 9 more days. Not sure how much more improvement will be made then. But it’s been a mental struggle for about 3-4 hours a day, rest of the hours I’m ok.

I think I can easily give up anything that has added sugar, like sweets, etc and bread. Think having small portions of carbs like rice & potatoes is doable. And going to try to break up my meals so I don’t have that full feeling, just sated, keep the stomach small. Something is definitely up with my digestion.

I’m thinking about a 14-day diet I did a long time ago, which had terrific results. The only thing is you have to get the timing right, especially the meal timing. It cycles calories, carbs and fats, depending on what workout day it is, has 2 cheats(ish) meals , and 2 fasts.

Or maybe I’ll do something else.

Day 19 over

Got a little ahead of myself.

Workout was ok, got up really early to take a Yin-yoga class, which is kind of restorative but with stretching emphasis. 35’s rest between workout was actually ok, not as bad as the 45’s to 40’s jump. And I didn’t feel like crap afterwards. Woke up this morning feeling like crap though.

I couldn’t face my 3rd shake of the day, not really ideal but did a nice NEPA walk instead. Can’t seem to face my morning shake right now either, but I’m also getting used to not having to worry about what foods to eat until dinner. Meh or rather I’m a bit wary of going back to normal food AND getting enough protein without taking on too many calories.

Going to be an adjustment to take off the training wheels. They have some ideas of a transition phase on the biotest forums.

Oh and I seem to be down 1 inch off the hips & waist, maybe 4-5 inches off the gut. Some of the gut was due to bloating, some foods just seem to bloat me up. 19 days, is pretty good but the other 14 day diet I did long time ago, had a bit better results and was easier, but was also in better shape and didn’t have some serious issues before like I did the last few months. So can’t really say all things are equal for a fair comparison. Again still a long way to go where I want to be.

Four inches in 3 weeks is massive. Relax and take some credit.

1 Like

Ha alright alright. It’s one of my strengths and weaknesses, being hard on myself.

Anyway unrelated, as I’m just thinking to myself. Not sure how I feel about these Jack Reacher movies. I mean as much as I _un_willing think Cruise does these action movies well, being a small dark haired man doesn’t quite fit with how I’ve pictured the character all these years, better to have been Lian Neeson. And some of the lines sound pretty cheesy, but hey it’s Cruise

1 Like

Yikes Day 20 over, 8 more days

Ok so the days seem to be flying along now (or so it seemed this morning when I wrote this). Getting nervous, but then again I’m always nervous. So I’m going to do a transition phase for 4 weeks.
1st Week:

• shake in the morning,
  • a healthy snack,
  • shake,
  • HSM
  • & bedtime shake

2nd Week:

• shake in the morning,
  • a healthy snack,
  • healthly lunch
  • HSM
  • & shake for the 1st week.

Oh and forgot to mention that some of the rust seems to be leaving my joints on Monday’s Front Squats. Still an issue with right hip, but was able to control the glute more.

After my workout I was beat, so now it feels like the day is dragging on. I had about 3 bites of my friend’s lasagna, but I was a bit dizzy during the workout. Sumo’s were fine, but those damn push presses & 35’s rests got to me. Arms and hands are not obeying my orders, keep dropping stuff and couldn’t untie my shoe laces.

GIVE ME STRENGTH, give me DINNER!!!

1 Like

Meh, I don’t think I know how to measure myself properly. I’ll try on some old clothes today to see if they fit better. But it definitely feels and in some areas looks like I’ve lost some fat. I couldn’t get the same measurement every time I measure certain areas.

Day 21 done

So very low energy and a bit cranky. I could really do with some carbs, I had some last night in a form of sweet potatoes, corn and peppers but maybe not enough.

Yesterday’s sumos though, I was able to have nice MMC with glutes. My shoulder hurts a bit today though.

I’m not feeling that great about my results after looking through the other V-diet logs. But again we’re all different and my starting point was probably the worst I’ve ever been.

But it’s made me think about the long term like I will probably always need some sort of structured way of eating. Maybe sometime in the future, I can do intuitive eating, but not with all my current issues.

Anyway…

Day 22 is over

Learned something new about opening the hips. I ordered one of his books and a psoas book as well. My iliopsoas is just acting up on me.

1 Like

NO THEY ARE NOT, STUPID SELF!

:poop::tired_face::poop:

1 Like

DAY 23 done & dusted

I’m getting too fixated on food now, which is the opposite of what I want in the long term. Had a bite of someone’s bagel. But I’m learning a few things with this. And not having any sort of sugar craving is good, seeing how my stomach bloats up with certain foods is good. The NEPA walks along the lagoon has been therapeutic as well.

Might try replacing lunch instead of a snack on phase 2. I have at least 13 more days of servings, and if I taper off I’ll have a bit more days.

1 Like

Day 24 done

I had no energy whatsoever yesterday, NEPA walk was slow. I did notice an increase in appetite for dinner on Friday night. So last night I got a bit more calories into me than I normally had planned for, guess maybe the 400-600 range isn’t enough. Had to take 2 breaks in between.

I’ve been craving some bananas and cherries too, so might try to add those after day 28 around workout time. Have not had any fruit as I was trying to stay away from the sugar during all of this. Might need to pay attention to getting more iron as well, more green beans.

While I’m working part-time, also going to see about doing some dog walking to get some extra cash. Not to mention DOGGIES and getting some more NEPA into my life.