Who You Jivin With That Cosmik Debris

One of the hardest lessons to learn is when to stop when things feel off.

You still got in some decent weight on the pulls.

Ugh what a nightmare but some learning experiences April/May was. I was really having some bad thoughts, and my anxiety would go up 110% for practically no reason. And with the pain, I just dislocated myself from my body. It was like the only thing that was real was my anxiety and my pain.

I felt that I didn’t deserve anything good, that didn’t exactly go through my head but realized it upon reflection. The restorative yoga helped a lot, but even for 2 weeks I couldn’t make myself go to even the classes.

Finally on the right dose of Gabapentin. Pain hasn’t been too bad of late, I’ve been seeing an orthopedic acupuncturist. And as an unexpected thing, it has helped my anxiety like 75%.

I did a night course for awhile too, but that meant that I wasn’t back home till 23:30 every night, and took up more of my time than I thought. What I did learn was that I do need interaction with people, who would’ve thought, eh? Since my class ended I’ve been going to a few industry meetups as well.

But I really had to build back up slowly. So I had to start with doing DL’s with a 25lb kettlebell, and I’ve gotten back on the rollerblades (well only twice), and the last few sessions I’ve just been doing some empty BB complexes, with some light sumo’s at the end. The first couple of sumo sessions were quite tough, even with just 55lbs, it was more getting back into the position and keeping everything tight.

But it’s a new month and some new goals for me.

The new goal is to do a modified V-Diet plan, I’ve gained about 30lbs in the last 6 months, probably 15 of those in the last 2 months. It’s modified mainly because I have never been able to drink the stuff without some milk, just can’t. So I’m doing two of the shakes with water only. I think I can handle that for mornings and after workout shakes. Although this morning was very hard, I feel like I need to wash out my mouth a few more times. Not sure, but it seems like the little bit of fat in the milk just takes away the artificial chemical taste, it actually tastes quite good. However, it adds an extra 300 calories a day.

Also switching the exercises between the beginner and intermediate plans, like the lat pull down just grates on my ribs, but the (assist) chin/pull-ups do not. And I have to get at least 1 rollerblade session a week. I’m going to do the walks but I also bike everywhere, and just a tiny bit of swimming, mainly to keep the ribs loose.

Looking forward to trying out the Plazma, and I feel guilty taking all the fish oil, but it might just help with my pain too.

1 Like

Glad to see you posting again, you have a plan and you’ll get through all this mess.

Ha, yes , thanks for dropping by. A good plan and need to get back into some sort of routines. I’m just finding it hard not having a full-time job to go to. And not knowing where I’m heading, moving has been a lot harder than it has before.

Anyway here’s my plan so far

DIET

(2) 1.5 scoops Metabolic Drive – 217; Protein 63
(2) 8 oz Milk – 300; Protein 16
(2) 2 scoops Metabolic Drive w/ water – 420; Protein 84
(1) 1 Scoop Plazma – 210; Protein 15

HSM:
Workout Day – 600
Protein (23 grams) 207 (-393)
Non Workout Day – 400
Protein (23 grams) 207 (-193)

Additional:
Fiber – 1 scoop – Calories 70, evening
Flameouts – 5 pills
Superfoods – 2 scoops, morning

Total:
Workout Days – Calories 1,817; Protein 178 (201)
Non Workout Days – Calories 1,635; Protein 163 (186)

Exercises

MONDAY Reps: 40 total per exercise Rest: 45 seconds between each set Load: Medium (8-9 RM)
A) FS Squat
B) Bent-Over Row
C) Dumbbell Bench Press Dumbbell Bench Press
D) Plank Hold* *Plank Hold is performed for time, not reps. Hold the position for as long as possible, rest 45 seconds, then repeat the hold for as long as possible.

WEDNESDAY Reps: 50 total per exercise Rest: 45 seconds between each set Load: Light (14-16 RM) A) Assisted Chin Up
B) Sumo Deadlift
C) Push Press
D) Side Plank Hold

FRIDAY Reps: 40 total per exercise Rest: 45 seconds between each set Load: Medium (8-9 RM)
A) Sumo Deadlift
B) Incline Dumbbell Press
C) Assisted Pull Up
D) Side Plank Hold

–decreasing rest times

1 Like

I guess I’d better try to log every day to keep things in track.

So yesterday was day 1. Shakes were ok, I actually had 3 of them with water, but the lunch one with milk was gorgeous tasting.

Superfood was quite soothing on my stomach, so I’m drinking that by its self, 1 scoop in morning & before HSM.

Got really hungry waiting to eat HSM, our dinner time was delayed. I also now have to make 2 dinners every night, one for me. Didn’t have enough vegetables, should’ve eaten that soup while I was waiting. Even though it was the first day, it was lovely chewing, I had some griller crumbles wrapped in nice crunchy romaine leaves with mustard.

WTF is up with Plazma, f-ing foamy stuff. I wasn’t about to walk around the gym with such a huge bottle with foamy red stuff, so stuck most of it in a small bottle. Thought I was going to throw up with all the liquid in me.

Took some fiber and 1 protein scoop before going to be.

Didn’t meet my calorie or protein goals, waiting on HSM kind of messed me up. And went to bed an hour later than I should’ve, couldn’t fall asleep. Had to get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night too.

Workout was good, could’ve gone heavier on sumos, played it really safe. But my arms are killing me from 50 push presses and 50 assisted chin ups. Waterbury and his fatloss programs certainly make you forget about thinking about anything else.

1 Like

Day 2 done or is it 2 weeks??

Only 1 shake with milk, but then I did spill half my powder on one shake at the gym, need an easier way to pour into shakers.

Restorative yoga yesterday, felt nice to stretch out the fascia around the back. Went for a very quick swim because my goggles broke on me, tried the hot tub at the gym, but it’s pretty lame like little kids go in it and stuff, so it’s not hot or deep. After that just wanted to get away from people.

Went home, 3pm was hard, really really wanted food, but chugged lots of water and it was fine, well after an hour. NEPA walk was nice but maybe not fast enough.

OMG, the vegetable soup tasted live HEAVEN or maybe sinful, almost like drinking a glass of wine. It’s only day 2 and I can see that this IS making me crave healthy food.

Woke up with another tension headache at 5am, so moving very slowly today & with wanting any shakes. They always make me feel queazy. The acupuncturist taught me how to massage my pterygoid muscles inside my jaw to help, though. Feels f-ing weird but does help. I always thought it was just a bone inside there.

Going to try to do the Monday workout today, but not sure about the bench press, depends on how things feel, need a backup exercise for it just in case. Volunteering at a conference all day Mon & Tues which should be interesting with all the shakes I’ll have to chug, which also means lots of NEPA but not exercises.

1 Like

Day 3 down! Back sore.

I’m really glad the workout is straight forward and I was in and out quite quickly. The 10 minute cycle to the gym was tiring enough.

Did the Monday workout, with an assisted chest dips instead of bench press.
My right glute is all messed up , even though I had one chick compliment me on my front squat form :slight_smile:, but I could see the right glute just give out, especially compared to left glute. My right hip was a bit rusty too on the sumo dl’s, something it tight & pulling but I’m so out of practice with being in tune with my body can’t isolate what that issue is. But it is the first time I’ve FS in awhile.

I’m adding in a tsp of flaxseed, need to keep things moving if you know what I mean. I had to break my dinner into 3 parts, I think my stomach is getting used to not being so full. But needed to get the calories in, esp for today’s rollerblading. Yesterday wasn’t too bad, but I did have a late start and even this morning was a later start.

1 Like

Day 4 done and dusted!

Oof ok long sweaty hot rollerblading may not have been the best idea with hardly any minerals in me. I should’ve done 1 scoop Superfood before and after. After 30 minutes I was feeling quite sick, and the last shake was repeating on me.

Couldn’t eat anything really and with the late start missed about 1.5 shakes, had to break up the dinner into 3 parts this time.

Today not doing so well, woke up at 347, couldn’t get back to sleep, had to go to conference and smile and be nice. Was out front so missed one shake time & felt kind of dehydrated. Tomorrow I’m not making the same mistake. I actually had cravings today, mainly emotional ones though. I can only do so much socializing and networking.

DUDE!

Life has this bloody irritating way of interfering with what we want to do… But you kept on truckin’. That’s a set up for a win.

Thanks, CK. Hey, I seem to have forgotten how to quote things here.

So 5th and 6th day done. Was a bit hard with the conference, missed 1/2 a shake, again, and no real exercise the last two days. But I stayed away from any temptation at it, even though it was my favourite kind of food, FREE! The train home took forever, my back was killing me and I could’ve really done with one of the glasses of FREE champagne. But anyway it’s all over.

My HSM last night didn’t taste as divine as usual. Stomach not doing so well, though, it’s a bit, hmm, er, sensitive. I’m just staring :eyes: at my breakfast shake for now :no_mouth:

1 Like

Bah forgot I’m supposed to do that V burn challenge thing, only time for 3 rounds. Will have to do it twice the 2nd week.

Day 7 over. Hmm I have some good DOMS from yesterday, but my right shoulder didn’t like something. Either the hand walk outs or the pike push ups. Going to see acupuncturist today anyway, after I do my “Friday” workout.

Think I ate too much dinner last night, stomach felt full, I do prefer the breaking it up, giving myself 20 minutes in between. I would rather train my stomach to take smaller meals. I know in the past I’m able to better control how much I eat & what I eat if I do smaller more frequent meals, although it’s a pain in the ass. My digestion seems to like that better too.

1 Like

Day 8 over with. Hmm I can’t tell if I’ve lost any weight, the scale is hard to read at the gym, but it looked like maybe 5lbs. Not that weight matters to me, it’s the fact that I can’t fit in my pants that’s bugging the shit out of me.

I found some almond milk that I actually like, cals are low & protein is high on it, but it’s 10x more expensive than the milk we buy. Hmmmmm.

“Friday’s” workout was ok, except I had to work in with someone on the sumos so I had about 2 sets with about 1:30 mins rest, which wasn’t ideal. I had to do DB presses off floor instead of bench because my right shoulder was acting up. Rolled a tennis ball during my 45’s rests.

Oh and my hormones are all out of whack which explains why I have been feeling rather down and blah the last couple of days. Restorative yoga today!!!

2 Likes

I could really murder a drink or two right now, isn’t that sad. Anyway, Day 9 over with. Again just staring at my morning shake…I feel like I need to brush my teeth 4 times a day, the chemical aftertaste gets to me sometimes, but I don’t want to add any milk calories to it if I can.

Was feeling weak yesterday but I think it’s just my hormones, might need some iron. NEPA was not very fast at all, walking around with my eyes half closed.

But I’m going to get treated to some sort of watersport at the end of all of this. Not sure what, have not been diving for a long time, which makes me more sad. It’s not easy where we are now. There’s also some windsurfing, which I suck at, but it’s off the lagoon and not the sea, so should be easier.

1 Like

Good to see you back. That diet has always sounded brutal to me. I hope it works for you.

1 Like

Day 10
The morning shake turned out to be an afternoon shake. Couldn’t get out of bed properly, back & abdomen seized up. Feels like it could be the psoas that is seizing up the back muscles???

Unrelated but had some frozen corn last night for HSM, and stomach instantly bloated, so I think I can’t digest corn properly. But had some a few days ago and it was fine??? I suppose that’s one thing about doing a daily HSM and testing out foods.

Barely enough energy for yesterday’s workout, losing that extra 5 seconds between sets was certainly felt, but it was ok.

Thanks, It’s extremely convenient if not frustrating when you are in certain situations.

It’s actually not too hard with the daily meal, I don’t think I would’ve done the older version. But I certainly would not be doing this while on a strength program. I’ve read others that have, but THAT sounds brutal.

Day 11 over, oof.

Yesterday was very hard, had cravings cravings cravings for junk stuff. Like fantasies about combining some ridiculous stuff together. A Nutella sandwich with Cheetos in between and some rose wine with gin in it. And I’m not even really a Cheetos or rose wine fan.

And I hated every minute of my NEPA walk, no make that I hated it every 10 seconds.

:weary: