Who You Jivin With That Cosmik Debris

Cold was finally gone after 20 days, probably no coincidence that I started feeling better as soon as we signed a lease after searching and search. Well didn’t get a chance to work on anything while trying to find a place to live and do some remote work. Still don’t have a place for several weeks, so can’t get settled yet.

Have a week’s pass at a gym, meh set up is ok, they have those stupid black non-descript hex plates (ugh) and the weight of each plate was not what I was used to either. The next gym I’m paying money for I will make sure there are the nice round ones, colour coded at that, because I could not keep things straight and inline, but it’ll do for now.

The other day I did some easy weight stuff my mom has, she has a nice coated 15lb bar that feels good for doing some bridges or hip thrusts, and a pair of 10lb dumbbells, and a little step up thing I can use. There’s another gym down the road I might go to but they charge too much per session.

Anyway on Sat at mom’s did this:
15lb bar box squats (heard these are good for sumo’s, although probably need to go heavy??)
Step ups
Lateral jump step ups
10lb DB presses
15lb Bridges
And some other stuff just messing around

Today:
Sumo dl’s (my weight estimations are all over the place):
I think the weight was 60.8kg - 8 reps
69.8kg - 6 reps
80+kg - 3 x 2 reps (for some reason thought I was pulling around 70kg on these, was wondering why it felt heavier than it should)
and some more reps a the 60.8kg

35+kg (or so I don’t know)
Cleans - a good few of them
FS - which were very weak

Some single leg bridges for right side as my left adductor is all tight again, thought the break would loosen it up, and just felt like I could not engage the right side on the sumos.

Sounds like good news all around. Congratulations on the new place. I’m at day 15 of my cold which is about 90% gone so 20 days sounds about right. Longest cold I can remember.

Good to see you getting settled in and back to some lifting. Yea for cleans.

OMG…I haven’t spent a lot of time reading your log yet but had to say hello to a Zappa fan. Don’t know too many. Frank was the man! I once considered Zombie Woof instead of daddyzombie! Saw Frank 4 times back in the day growing up in Chicago.

Hey Minimal. You mentioned you were looking for some outdoor workout ideas. A jump rope, 8 lb sledgehammer and light stone can go a long way. Not sure if you can have those where you’re staying right now. 200 swings beating an old tire from several angles then a couple hundred jump ropes is a good workout. And stone carries alone can be an entire workout.

Bumpers are the only way!!!
I’ll be back, more errands to do. Anyway did some more deadlifting but got confused with those f-ing hex plates and wound up lopsided or couldn’t get it even enough on the ground, hate them, I miss the rolly colour ones. Oh well I think the next session I’ll know better how to judge things. But things felt lighter again, even though I can’t lift and do math, I have no idea what I lifted but it started with 60.8 kg.

Quick 20kg (I think) complex:
FS
Wide rows
Good mornings
Press

Ok found another gym for the next 3 weeks, it’s not close though. But it’s ok, round plates, but the bars are confusing. The one I picked up must have been something like 13 kg or so.

Sumo’s
Not sure what weight I really lifted, first set too light and last set felt heavy. My right side doesn’t seem to switch on or something still.

Cleans & Presses - 31kg or something like that

Didn’t do much but I feel it in my glutes.

Ugh up 3 kilos it looks like. Eating has not been the best, but good news I’m ordering some Metabolic Drive, I have not had protein powder in nearly 2 months. And going to try that brain candy stuff. If I can ever find my stupid cc.

[quote]minimaltechno wrote:
but the bars are confusing.
[/quote]
That always throws me! I have been known to drag bars into the locker room to weigh them. My neurosis runs deep.

Good to see you back.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:

but the bars are confusing.
[/quote]
That always throws me! I have been known to drag bars into the locker room to weigh them. My neurosis runs deep.

Good to see you back.[/quote]
Well I didn’t go so far as to weigh the bar, but I’m glad I’m not the only one. The bar I used today felt like a normal mens bar weight, although the diameter is slighty smaller than my last gym, I’m not complaining about that though.

I just noticed the gym has a GHR, must get someone to show me how to use that. Never had a gym that had one before. It’s also nice and quiet especially the hours that I go in the day.

I still can’t figure the weights but I think the plates go like this:

20.4 kg - 45 lbs
11.4 kg - 25 lbs
4.5 (or 4.4) kg - if so its 10 lbs
2.3 kg - 5 lbs (ish)

Er so I think I did this, might need to bring a notebook with me next time:
Sumos
8 - 61.4 kg
6 - 71. 2 kg
4 x 3 - 84 kg

Cleans
3 x 5 - 29.4 kg

1 Clean + 5 Push presses
29.4 kg

Wide FS
29.4 kg
2 x 2 - 20.4 kg

Tri pull downs
3x3 - think 50lbs

I just noticed the gym has a GHR, must get someone to show me how to use that. Never had a gym that had one before. It’s also nice and quiet especially the hours that I go in the day.

I still can’t figure the weights but I think the plates go like this:

20.4 kg - 45 lbs
11.4 kg - 25 lbs
4.5 (or 4.4) kg - if so its 10 lbs
2.3 kg - 5 lbs (ish)

Er so I think I did this, might need to bring a notebook with me next time:
Sumos
8 - 61.4 kg
6 - 71. 2 kg
4 x 3 - 84 kg

Cleans
3 x 5 - 29.4 kg

1 Clean + 5 Push presses
29.4 kg

Wide FS
29.4 kg
2 x 2 - 20.4 kg

Tri pull downs
3x3 - think 50lbs
[/quote]

Sounds like you have the plates figured out.

Good luck with the GHR’s. I trained for a meet at a powerlifting gym that had 4 GHR’s in a line several years ago. I noticed that they were rarely used and asked the owner about it. He said 90% of the people they showed how to do GHR’s couldn’t get them right so they basically only used them for ab work.

I have owned one in my home gym for a couple of years. I’m not 100% sure I do them exactly right but I feel them big time in my hamstrings so I must not be far off.

[quote]DBasler wrote:

Sounds like you have the plates figured out.

Good luck with the GHR’s. I trained for a meet at a powerlifting gym that had 4 GHR’s in a line several years ago. I noticed that they were rarely used and asked the owner about it. He said 90% of the people they showed how to do GHR’s couldn’t get them right so they basically only used them for ab work.

I have owned one in my home gym for a couple of years. I’m not 100% sure I do them exactly right but I feel them big time in my hamstrings so I must not be far off.
[/quote]

Thanks, at least I feel a bit better about sucking at it. My hamstrings are pretty weak. Yeah I think I would need to workout some sort of progression, using bands or something. I don’t think I’ll have time though, unless the next gym I go to has it.

Sumos
8 - 61.4 kg
6 - 66 kg
5 - 71. 2 kg
4 x 3 - 84 kg

Cleans
3 x 5 - 35 (ish) kg

3 sets of 1 Clean + 5 Push presses
35 (ish) kg

Supersets - 3 x 5 - 20.4 kg
Wide FS
Wide BB rows

Rear lunges Clean grip
3 x 5 - 20.4 kg

Had to do these fast, to get home before dark.

Sumos
8 - 63.6 kg
6 - 68.2 kg
5 - 73.4 kg
3 x 3 - 86.2 kg

Cleans (hang power cleans)
3 x 1 - 36 (ish) kg

2 sets of 1 Clean + 3 Push presses
36 (ish) kg

Supersets - 2 x 5 - 20.4 kg
Wide FS
Wide BB rows

Hmm maybe I need to start writing down things while in session, worked up to 99.28 kg in Dls.
Sumos
8 - 63.6 kg
6 - 68.2 kg
5 - 73.4 kg
3 - (or 4, can’t remember) - 86.2 kg
2 - 86.2 + something kg
2 - 86.2 + something + something kg
1 - 86.2 + something + something + something kg
1 - 99.28 kg

Hang Power Cleans (these felt easy on the ribs)
3 x 3 - 40.28 kg

Supersets - 2 x 5 - 20.4 kg
Wide FS
Wide BB rows

Too much heavy deadlifting can make you want to forget what you have done!!

That’s a good pull! Where’s the video?

Nice pull! Hope the new gym is working out.

Hey guys (& gal). Thanks for checking in. Ugh settling in has taken a lot more out of me that I thought it would, and I’ve been filled with fucking doubt about things. I’m working on finding a job at the moment (after over a decade at the same company) in a different country, etc. Have not had much time, as I’m also trying to finish off some work from my last job, which has been more time consuming than it should be since I have not had internet. And which I’ve been told will end the end of January. Anyway things have started to get moving again this week but with some set backs. Anyway soon, soon, soon back to lifting. And get my head straightened out.

Have a Happy Christmas & Happy New Year as I won’t be posting for awhile, unless I have some positive news to spread around.

So long story short, I’ve had weird pains, anxiety, big big big depression like I’ve never experienced in a long time, and kind of hit rock bottom. The last couple of weeks were just weird while I tried to get myself out of the hole, but it’s been that way since beginning of December.

Even walking has been painful, a few new aches around the knees, and some tender spots in the usual places. On and off my medication hasn’t helped either. I’m trying another generic to see if that works.

So while just walking has been hard, I went and bought myself some rollerblades. It has been nearly 12 years since I’ve been on them, and things are still a little hurty, but for some reason they hurt less than walking, and I can get a good sweat on. And waaaaaay more fun than f-ing walking.

–the above was actually written two weeks ago. I feel that life is trying to teach me a lesson (again) if only I knew what exactly so I can move on.

Ok so I joined a gym, er it is 5 times as much as my last gym, but a good gym around here has been pretty hard to find, unless I want to do crossfit, which given my issues probably would not be wise. But they have colour bumper plates, although not the right colour or weight, but so much better. And the gym has two pools, loads of weight machines, loads of yoga classes, and I can mostly do some work with the free wifi, it is a community center so they always have stuff going on.

I guess I’ll be able to get a job soon to afford it, right now it’s coming from my savings. Nothing to fancy today since it’s the first time back.

Quads were so tight from the rollerblading I’ve been doing. And trying to learn how to go backwards and that’s been working the hams alright.

Nothing heavy, and I think I’ll keep it that way for at least 4 weeks. All in lbs, not liking the conversion.

Sumo DLs (or semi, can’t tell on new platform)
10 x 65 lbs
8 x 75 lbs
6 x 95 lbs
4 x 100 lbs
3 x 145 lbs

Power cleans from hang - 65 lbs
3 x 3

Push press
3 x 5 - 50 lbs

FS pauses
3 x 3 - empty bar (I’m assuming 45lbs)