Who You Jivin With That Cosmik Debris

Well I cheated on today’s workout, in two ways. I had a cheat meal last night, wasn’t very satisfying though, except for the peanut M&Ms. And I took a pre-workout stimulate before heading to the gym.

Sumo Dl ramp ups…
1x10 - 60kg
1x8 - 65kg
1x6 - 70kg
1x4 - 75kg
1x3 - 80kg
1x2 - 85kg
1x2 - 90kg (think it was 2???)
1 - 95kg
1 - 97.5kg
1 - 100kg
1 - 102.5kg

Nothing like a heavy weight to show you were the weaknesses are. The last 2 reps were slightly crooked I think. Think my right piriformis is acting up again. Which would explain the left adductor being twingy.

Prowler 3 rounds - 30kg plates (Hello my friend)

• lower level
  • chest level

1x5 TRX paused rows

Some sort of KB complex (your guess is as good as mine on the reps/sets)
OH Squat - 6kgs (fuck my hips don’t want to go down on these)
Squat - 8kgs
Cleans - 8kgs
Swings - 20kg
Bent rows - 6kgs
RDL’s - 20kg

Anyway going to take things a bit handier the next few weeks. We are finally moving continent and I have that stupid course to do that I don’t think I’ll pass because my calculus skills are next to nothing. But its an interesting one. But lots to do and I need my energy.

Also down a 5kg from June (fuck me that took long), give or take a few kgs of course. Used a different scale the last few weeks at the gym.

Mini, your deadlift is looking strong but that conditioning workout looked like it was no fun at all. If I remeber correctly calculus was easy. Something like as x approaches infinity blah, blah, blah. Or something like that. No wait now I remeber it really sucked.

[quote]minimaltechno wrote:
Also down a 5kg from June

[/quote]
That’s a lot. What’s your goal?

Solid lifts. Good work on dropping the weight.

[quote]2busy wrote:
Solid lifts. Good work on dropping the weight.

[/quote]

Thanks! It’s been a long battle.

[quote]NHLFTR wrote:
Mini, your deadlift is looking strong but that conditioning workout looked like it was no fun at all. If I remeber correctly calculus was easy. Something like as x approaches infinity blah, blah, blah. Or something like that. No wait now I remeber it really sucked.[/quote]

Don’t worry no more conditioning except the beloved prowler before I leave. Ah I’m skipping the math stuff on this course, just learning the basics.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:

Also down a 5kg from June

[/quote]
That’s a lot. What’s your goal?[/quote]

That’s a good question. Realistically I think to get to my stubborn parts, another 10kg, but I’ll see what’s going on after another 5kg. I’m 5’7 but small boned (itty bitty wrists and ankles) so fat kind of sits heavily on me.

Ok I’ve had somewhat of a stomach bug, so eating has been very sparse, very very little protein. Was worried about today’s session but except for some dizziness and wanting to puke after Dl’s, my strength was ok.

Anyway Cycle 3 Week 1

Sumo dls…
Warm up
1x8 - 60kg
1x6 - 65kg
1x4 - 75kg

Work set
3 x 5 - 70 kg
…No Supersets, and took as much rest as needed

Single arm TRX row
3x6
…Superset Wide FS 3 x 8- 15kg

Might only do twice a week, just looking at timelines and this might be my last cycle until I get situated in some gym.

I’m 5’7 but small boned (itty bitty wrists and ankles) so fat kind of sits heavily on me. [/quote]
I can relate. I am 5’4" but also have the itty bitty wrist and ankle syndrome. So I know exactly what you mean. With this bone structure, just a little bit of weight can make the difference between looking lean or not.

Feel better soon!

Ah too much to do.

3 mins elliptical shit machine

Prowler work…
Set 1:
Lower level - 30kg plates
Chest level - 40kg plates

Set 2 - 4:
Lower level - 40kg plates
Chest level - 50kg plates (ok that’s well over BW, ie (50kg + 34kg)=84kg, I do know some math)
…3 mins rests I think, can’t find watch

Hmm was supposed to do some rehab wound up doing these…
Superset 3 sets:
KB press (bell up) - 6kgs
KB Swings - 20kg

Sumo dls…
Warm up
1x8 - 60kg
1x6 - 65kg
1x4 - 75kg

Work set
3 x 5 - 70 kg
(could’ve actually gone for another set)

3 sets - 1 Clean & 3 Push presses
30kg - (wasn’t I just able to do a whole bunch of these 2 weeks ago, no strength)

Wide FS 3 x 10 - 15kg
3x6 Single arm TRX row

Cycle 3 Week 2 of slow eccentrics

Sumo dls…
Warm up
1x8 - 60kg
1x6 - 65kg
1x4 - 75kg

Work set
3 x 5 - 70 kg (slow eccentrics)

3 sets - 1 Clean & 4 Push presses
30kg - (ok that felt a little better, like I wasn’t going to boink my head with the bar, might try 5 reps next time)

Wide FS 3 x 10 - 20 kg
Single arm TRX row - 3x6 (slow eccentrics)

Some how I lost nearly another 2 kilos??? Think the scale might be a bit off, I’ll have to do some measurements tonight. The trousers are feeling a bit flappier. Maybe my body just didn’t want to let go of the fat at first, usually its the other way around, I’ll lose weight right away and then it slows down. But still probably another 7 or 8 kilos to go so I won’t even think of relaxing just yet. I am feeling more energetic though.

Wow I’ve actually been looking forward to these last 4 DL sessions, instead of dreading them and feeling drained. My cleans felt snappier, not sure if I’m remembering everything though, maybe should watch a video.

Sumo dls…
Warm up
1x8 - 60kg
1x6 - 65kg
1x4 - 75kg

Work set
–I’m not timing my rest periods for now

3 sets - 1 Clean & 5 Push presses
30kg

Wide FS 3 x 8 - 20 kg
Superset…Single arm TRX row - 3x6 (slow eccentrics)
—no resting

Dr thinks I might have IBS or something like it, right age and gender. I fucking hate elimination diets though, I think I’ll wait until the big move is over.

Yea for the ability to do cleans regularly.

[quote]Carl Darby wrote:
Yea for the ability to do cleans regularly.[/quote]
Ha thanks, I should perhaps clarify, they are power cleans from the hang. Think I need to work on the catch though, especially with this bum shoulder, the right side doesn’t quite whip around as fast as the left.

Doesn’t matter what type of clean. They are still cleans.

I find pushing my butt down and back as an immediate continuation of the leg extension helps with snapiness pulling under.

I came out of the gym feeling a hell of a lot better than when I went in today. It’s TOM, could barely eat yesterday, and just felt like all around shit.

Sumo dls…
Warm up
1x8 - 60kg
1x6 - 65kg
1x4 - 75kg

Work set
–yawning until the last set

1 Clean + 5 Push presses
3 sets - 30kg

1 Clean + 5 Wide FS
2 sets - 30 kg

BB Wide grip rows (meh)
2 sets - 30 kg

Superset Finishers…
KB twist row - 10kg
10, 8, 6, 4, 4
KB swing - 16kg

I think one of my issues is that my upper rectus abdominis seems to be riddled with trigger points. It kind of explains that rib thing, heart palpitations, and digestion issues as well. Sort of, depending what you read on the internet :-/

I came out of the gym feeling a hell of a lot better than when I went in today. It’s TOM, could barely eat yesterday, and just felt like all around shit…

I think one of my issues is that my upper rectus abdominis seems to be riddled with trigger points. It kind of explains that rib thing, heart palpitations, and digestion issues as well. Sort of, depending what you read on the internet :-/[/quote]

Just checking in with you! Sorry to hear about the stomach thing last week. UGH.

@ upper abs - Like heart burn? I’ve had issues with a split in my rectus abdominus, but not with pain, well that wasn’t related to an umbilical hernia. Usually it’s the other side, right? Pain in the back?

Quick update be back soon…
Sumo dls…
Warm up
1x10 - 60kg
1x8 - 65kg
1x6 - 75kg
1x2 - 90kg

Work set
3 x 5 - 70 kg (3 paused concentric)
–felt very light after that 90.

1 Clean + 5 Push presses
3 sets - 30kg

1 Clean + 6 Wide FS (with pause at bottom on last set)
3 sets - 30 kg

BB Wide grip rows
2 sets - 30 kg

Some more power cleans from the hang, but need to do that before I get tired.

[quote]Powerpuff wrote:

I came out of the gym feeling a hell of a lot better than when I went in today. It’s TOM, could barely eat yesterday, and just felt like all around shit…

I think one of my issues is that my upper rectus abdominis seems to be riddled with trigger points. It kind of explains that rib thing, heart palpitations, and digestion issues as well. Sort of, depending what you read on the internet :-/[/quote]

Just checking in with you! Sorry to hear about the stomach thing last week. UGH.

@ upper abs - Like heart burn? I’ve had issues with a split in my rectus abdominus, but not with pain, well that wasn’t related to an umbilical hernia. Usually it’s the other side, right? Pain in the back?
[/quote]

Thanks for checking in. The pain is mostly in the back, but everything radiates around my whole thoracic area, front, back, ribs, etc. Yeah I get heart burn sometimes, the pain would get worse in the stomach area if I am hungry, once and awhile I can feel something like heart palpitations, my sternum/diaphragm can be really really sensitive. I cannot even wear one of those very loose bras (almost like a training one) as I get pains there too, I have to wear a tight fitting tank tops to protect my girls :wink:
Ah I could babble on and on about it.

------Yesterday quick workout-----------
We were waiting for visa stuff, I messed up on a couple of things, but it turned out ok. I was so nervous the last 2 days couldn’t eat or sleep, so took it handy yesterday just getting some mobility.

Empty women’s bar—
OH squats (these were shakey, how did I ever snatch???)
Front squats
Clean grip back lunges
Stiff Dl’s

Kb halos
Kb press (bell up)

Walking lunges