Who You Jivin With That Cosmik Debris

I knew I wasn’t going to have any fun time with this. Can’t breathe either, asthma is at me, and forgot my t-shirt so had to workout in a heavy sweatshirt. And I don’t have any more post workout drink :frowning: forgot to get myself a pre-workout banana too.

2x3 YTWL’s, KB halos

Sumo dls…
Warm up
8- 60kg
5 - 60kg
1 - 70kg (3 paused concentric & 3 eccentric)

Work set (3 paused concentrics AND mother fucking 3 eccentrics)
1x5 - 65kg (grand, felt hard but easier)
…Superset - KB press (3 paused concentrics & 3 eccentrics ) - 8kgs
— gave myself 2.20 minutes rest
1x3 - 65kg (fuck me)
—gave myself 3.20 minutes rest (a tiny bit better)
1x4 - 65kg did 5th rep but no pause, I just couldn’t, mind body connection switched off

3 x 10 - 22.5kg
4 cleans
Wide FS

2x8 or something, I don’t know, lost count and couldn’t hold bar up any more
Lunges

Upper back is all tight now, ugh!!!

Retrospect after yesterday’s shession, not sure if I like the 3 pauses for sumo dls, especially the eccentrics. I don’t have stubby little legs, but they are not that long either. I think a 2 paused should do the trick & feel more natural, even to hold for 3 seconds.

I’m adding in some magnesium supplements after bed, for extra muscle relaxation, try to see if that helps with things tightening up too. Might try getting some extra vitamin D as well, the sunshine isn’t as prevalent. Anyway had to do a quick one today, work meetings and all. I still hate that prowler, but I suppose I’ll miss it when we move.

Prowler pushes…6 rounds of 25kg plates
chest level
lower level
– 45 secs rest

2 arm TRX row …
1x10

1 arm TRX row… (hmm holding both handles good for the grip)
2x10

I’m being a little whiney bitch of late with my workouts. Think its this trying to lose fat shit, but really had to make an effort to go pick up the bar, but must keep up my strength. Next week should feel like a great big deload week though, since I’ll only be going up in weight 4% and lifting at normal speed. Might go for a swim and yoga at lunch times, instead of 2 x prowler too next week.

YTWLs, KB halos, windmills, blah blah

Sumo dls…
Warm up
8- 60kg
5 - 60kg
2x1 - 72.5kg

Work set (2 paused concentrics AND 2 eccentrics)
3x5 - 65kg
–super set KB press (3 paused concentrics & eccentrics ) - 8kgs
…3 min heavenly but short feeling rests

3x10 - 22kg
FS
Lunges

Tried some diy hamstring things off buso ball, but didn’t really work, but if I can get it to work that would be great.

Yawn yawn yawn all the way through my warm up.

Prowler pushes…6 rounds of 20kg plates (wimped out on weight)
chest level
lower level
– 45 secs rest

1 arm TRX row
2x10

2 arm Trx row (squeezed at top)
2x10

I’m tired!!!

Oh yeah 2x15 of those buso ball hamstring thingies. No more prowler till August, yay!!

Thank you for making me think about losing count on high rep stuff like jump rope. The other night that’s all I could think about as I was jumping. I must have done an extra 50 jumps I screwed up so much. Damn you Minimaltechno.

Just kidding. I thought it was funny that I kept messing up the count.

[quote]NHLFTR wrote:
Thank you for making me think about losing count on high rep stuff like jump rope. The other night that’s all I could think about as I was jumping. I must have done an extra 50 jumps I screwed up so much. Damn you Minimaltechno.

Just kidding. I thought it was funny that I kept messing up the count.[/quote]
My power of suggestion grows, muhahaha! Too bad it doesn’t seem to work with mean people.

new shoulder thingies, sdls, KB halos

Sumo dls…
Warm up
1x6 - 60kg
1x6 - 65kg
2x1 - 75kg (3 paused concentric & 3 eccentric)

Work set
3 x 5 - 67.5kg
…Superset KB press - 10 kgs

2 x 8- 25kg
Wide FS

2 x 8- 25kg
Lunges (right leg then left leg)

So wound up taking a nap at my lunch time on Friday instead of going to the gym. Felt like I could lift on Saturday but I wasn’t about to come to work for the 3rd time in a row on Saturdays. Only did some walks over the week.

But damn, my right hip got all tight again, guess I should’ve been doing some mobility stuff since I wasn’t lifting.

Went to see a guy about my shoulder, just to give me some exercises, meh he was alright, I’ll incorporate them, 1 I’m adding to my warm ups.

Mad I forgot to my swimming suit to go swimming yesterday.

And got an early surprise today, but I was actually ok for lifting. A bit shakey and pukey, but strong and focused. If the timing is right I can usually get in a good workout this time. Sumos felt incredibly light, like they should have on Monday.

new shoulder thingies, bw squatz, KB halos

Sumo dls…
Warm up
1x8 - 60kg
1x6 - 65kg

Work set
3 x 5 - 67.5kg

2 x 8- 25kg
Wide FS

2 x 8- 25kg
Lunges (right leg then left leg)

2 x 10 - 1 armed TRX row

Wow actually left the gym feeling energised instead of drained.

Another energising session, yay! Better not get too used to it.

My bracing on the sumo’s felt great today, the rib breathing is finally paying off I think. Although it kind of got to me on the lunges, although I’m sure working on holding the clean grip with them and the front squats are also helping with the ribs, even though they kind of irritate them.

new shoulder thingies, bw squatz, KB halos

Sumo dls…
Warm up
1x8 - 60kg
1x6 - 65kg

Work set
3 x 5 - 67.5kg

2 x 10- 25kg
Wide FS

2 x 6- 25kg
Lunges (spoke too soon, rib got at me)

2 x 10 - 1 armed TRX row

Bring on the slow eccentrics next week!!!

Slight flare up again, well it’s been good since early May. Was wondering why yesterday’s walk had me aching, then woke up this morning. It started in the hips, to legs, feet then upper body. The cycle to and from work was pretty hard, but I don’t have any specific tender points (yet). Was looking forward to deadlifting all weekend though so went in to try things out. Stuck with 3x3 instead of 3x5.

Sumo dls…
Warm up
1x8 - 60kg
1x6 - 65kg
1x4 - 70kg

Work set (slow eccentrics)
3 x 3 - 67.5kg
…Superset KB press - 10 kgs (slow eccentrics)

Wide FS (slow eccentrics)
3 x 3 - 25kg
…Superset 1 arm TRX row (slow eccentrics)

Bracing kinda sucked today, cycling home right afterwards was not nice either with the stupid wind. And my blood sugar level seemed to drop quite enough to give me the shakes on the way home.

Back to the prowler (yay, or well not so yay). I thought having some time apart might strengthen our relationship but it has not!! And upper body a bit weak feeling in the prowler.

Anyway changing things around, doing the clean grip lunges on prowler day to give my ribs a break when doing front squats on the other days.

Prowler pushes…6 rounds of 20kg plates
chest level
lower level
– 45 secs rest

Clean grip lunges
3x10 - 25kg

KB press (bell up to work shoulder stability)
3x8 - 6kgs

KB swings
3x15 - 20kg

Good mornings
1x15 - 25kg (meh)

new shoulder thingies, goblet squats, KB halos

Sumo dls…
Warm up
1x5 - 60kg felt heavy :frowning:
1x6 - 65kg

3 x 5 - 67.5kg

3 x 5 - 25kg
–30 sec rests

1 arm TRX row (slow eccentrics)
3 x 5
–30 sec rests

Again stupid bracing kept cramping, lower ribs just get stuck. Just getting annoying because after Fri’s session, I could feel what a difference good bracing did. BUT pasta(the extra protein pasta) for lunch didn’t do me any favours during the workout, but feel more energetic afterwards

Clean grip lunges
3x10 - 25kg

Prowler pushes…4 rounds
lower level - 30kg plates
chest level - 40kg plates
– 1 min wimpy rest

KB press (bell up to work shoulder stability)
3x8 - 6kgs

10 mins… Some sort of intervals on the treadmill
(hello asthma, but I found running for a train harder than it should be last week)

shoulder not liking new shoulder thingie, goblet squats, s leg bridges, KB halos

Sumo dls…
Warm up
1x6 - 60kg (felt heavy again)
1x6 - 65kg

3 x 5 - 67.5kg

3 x 5 - 25kg
…Superset 1 arm TRX row (slow eccentrics)

Good Mornings
1x15 - 25kg

Well the prowler made me forget about my stomach/hip flexor pain for about 15 minutes

Clean grip lunges
3x10 - 25kg
Superset…KB press 3x8 - 6kgs (bell up to work shoulder stability)

Prowler pushes…3 rounds
lower level - 32.5 kg plates
chest level - 42.5 kg plates
– 1 min rest

12 mins… Some sort of intervals on the treadmill

[quote]minimaltechno wrote:
Well the prowler made me forget about my stomach/hip flexor pain for about 15 minutes[/quote]

They tend to do that…

:slight_smile:

Yep that time again, if work will ever let me go that is, f-ing meetings.

new shoulder thingie without the row part, goblet squats, hip thrusts, KB halos

Sumo dls…
Warm up
1x8 - 60kg
1x6 - 65kg

Work set (3 paused eccentrics)
3 x 5 - 67.5kg
…Superset KB press - 10 kgs (3 paused eccentrics)

Wide FS (3 paused eccentrics)
3 x 5 - 30kg
–30 set rest
…Superset 1 arm TRX row (3 paused eccentrics)
–30 sec rest

Those dl’s felt hard, but yeah whatever. And OUCH on the left adductor, those paused eccentrics really strain them and the paused FS wasn’t any better. Need to do some stretching tonight. I do like the paused TRX row though.

[quote]minimaltechno wrote:
Yep that time again, if work will ever let me go that is, f-ing meetings.[/quote]

That’s you in the pic, right??? :smiley: