Who You Jivin With That Cosmik Debris

Ugh everything felt heavy, probably because I didn’t eat enough yesterday, and the day before didn’t get enough sleep. My calories were waaay down, too far down, didn’t get close to my protein macros. Been busy at work with meetings so by the time I can eat hours have passed. So anyway going to treat myself with lots and lots of good foods on Sunday so Monday’s workout won’t be so icky.

2x3 - YTWL’s
hip thrusts, goblet squats

Sumo dls :
8 - 50kg
4 - 65kg
2 - 70kg
2x1 - 92.5kg (forgot snuck those in)
Triples…
5x3 - 85kg (only 4th set felt right, had no business doing 5th set)

Supersets
KB swings - 3x10 - 28kg
KB halos - 3x8ea - 6kg (even these felt heavy)

Prowler area was taken, which was alright with me.

Why is it hard to keep the calories right, either too much or too little. Although the Wed & Tues were goldilocks.

Anyway next week going to switch around sets, reps, weight again. I still miss the 10x3. Though I do want to hit 92.5kg on heavy day, Monday looks like the best day.

It takes a while to figure out the pattern that works.

And you can always eat more protein!

Ha thanks. Actually that’s a good point. I think if I have not reached my protein grams, even if I’m over my daily calorie, I’ll add in more low carb protein powder.

I’m on my own for a month (unless I go over to the inlaws where I mainly eat just what is put in front of me) so eating lower carbs has actually been very easy the last week, and no sugar except for some fruit stuff & milk sugars. However I’ve been putting the Thai garlic chili oil on everything, so my fat grams have been way up :wink: So I adjusted the carb to fat ratio on myfitnesspal. I bought some coconut oil to try to make my own which I’m sure would be better for me, as well as not eating so much of it.

Anyway I have been mostly chowing on fish all week, which I kind of feel bad for. Speaking of the sea, I had a lovely impromptu dive today, just after a long over due snorkel. Wish I had a camera, the viz was good & I saw an octupus, they are usually quite good at the camouflage. Unfortunately I also had an impromptu ice cream (hey it was free) afterwards, which was not on the plan.

Throwing all my toys out the pram!!!

I did something really silly, hoping it won’t turn into stupid. Was going reasonably well, then on 5th set I didn’t pay attention to my set up, one side shot up like nothing while the other didn’t, I was off one side. I usually have to adjust the bar & weights on the platform to make sure things on even (one side tends to roll) but wasn’t thinking.

Sumo dls :
8 - 50kg
4 - 70kg
2 - 87.5kg
Singles…
4x1 - 92.kg

FUCK!

Happy about your dive and ice cream. I love ice cream. Especially free ice cream. Sorry about your deadlift workout. My last deadlift workout didn’t go so well either. But who cares you got free ice cream.

I hope nothing broke. Your progess with deadlifts is one of the encouraging things in this log.

Thanks for checking in guys. No thankfully I’m fine, it is just a little twingy. I went and got myself a stupid cold in the meantime, but better to have the two things happening at once while I take some time off.

My old physical therapist gave my hips flexors a run through and gave some other advice which I’ll implement.

Was looking for some deadlifting shoes, no luck (I hate shopping!) so I gave in and bought these http://www.inov-8.com/New/Global/Product-View-Fastlift-335-Black-Red.html?L=26. Not quite suitable for sumo dl’s, but I’m going to take things down a bit anyway so don’t think it matters too much as they are more solid then the shoes I’ve been wearing. And who knows maybe oly lifting some time in the future. And the picture does not do them justice. They are EXtremely comfortable and very sticky on the floor. Still need some arch inserts for my pronation though. When I get a chance to visit the US, might actually look into these Sabo DL shoes http://www.maxbarbell.com/products/sabo-deadlift-lifting-shoes. They say on the main site (not the US) that they do worldwide delivery but they LIE!

It looks like those shoes you want to use for DLing have quite the heel. I have to have a flat or negative heel for DLing. Maybe you’ll have success with them? I hope so. Great to see the upward trend on your DL.

[quote]kpsnap wrote:
It looks like those shoes you want to use for DLing have quite the heel. I have to have a flat or negative heel for DLing. Maybe you’ll have success with them? I hope so. Great to see the upward trend on your DL. [/quote]

Thanks for your thoughts, I would have to agree with you. Not really optimum, it was a moment of weakness as I rarely make spur of the moment shopping decisions like that, felt great on goblet squats though. Will continue my search for shoes that would feel comfortable and stable for my awkward feet, with my awkward inserts, they are such a pain, literally. But taking things down around the 60-70% for a while, so shouldn’t matter too much for now.

Still a bit sick/dizzy and back was ‘reminding’ me to take it easy.

Warm up…YTWL’s, those other shoulder thingies, goblet squats, etc

Sumos…
10 - 40 kg
8 - 45 kg
6 - 47.5 kg
8 - 45 kg

KB Halos
6kg

KB presses (45 degree angle)
6 kgs

Me tired!

Just some blood pumping stuff, trying to get some lubrication going on in the creaky joints.

5, 8 YTWL
2 x 8 Scalp pull ups
2 x 15 landmine presses
4 x 8 KB halos
3 x 15 KB presses (with abduction out at peak)
4 x 10 split squats (ugh lunges feel weird)
1 x 15 ea normal rear lunges
1 x 15 ea v front lunges
2 x 10 landmine squats
2 x 10 single leg deadlifts
Got dizzy went back to work

Ugh think sumo dl’s have ratcheted up my adductors, trying to squat… knees go out, but then in and then out again, something is tight.

Oh yeah and down 1.4kg finally, had to drop carbs down to 105 the last two weeks. Trousers a just wee tiny bit more room in them in certain part.

I kinda went over my calories the other day, oops, and its father’s day this weekend at the in laws. I’ll have to keep busy and take it low for Saturday.
So back isn’t as sensitive. The shoes are not too bad on a medium weight, have not tried them on heavier but it’s a little harder on light weights to really be able to sit back, have to concentrate.

2x5 YTWLs, KB halos, some foam rolling

Sumo dls …
Warm up
10 - 50kg
8 - 55kg
6 - 60kg
4 - 70kg

Medium work sets
3 x 5 - 60kg (will stick with 65kg next week)
…supersetted 8kgs KB presses

Tried front squats but fuck my adductors, really got find a solution for them, they seem to get tight around just above parallel, the knees just do a quick in and out thing.

2x5 YTWLs, KB halos, goblet squats, single leg bridges
Sumo dls …
Warm up
10 - 50kg
8 - 60kg
think there was a 6 in there???
4 - 67.5kg
2 - 70kg (ish can’t remember)

Medium work sets
3 x 5 - 65kg

Some empty bar rear lunges & front squats, and some digging around in my right glute. I could feel it just give up on a couple of reps. Been working on adductors, on a pose I call a dog pissing, not really one for the gym or any of the other rude shapes I’ve been pulling to engage my glutes while stretching my adductors.

Was tired today, got to bed a little later, and there seemed to be no oxygen in the air today. So took me quite awhile to warm up at the gym, although would’ve rather have just gone for a walk in the park.

3x5 YTWLs, & those other thingies, sl hip thrusts, foam rolling, digging around in piriformis (this muscle still perplexes me and how it works)…

Some random stuff trying to get body moving…

Split squats
Lunges & V lunges
Scalp pull ups
KB Light presses
Light RDLs
Goblet squats (left adductor feeling a little better, but right still very very tight)
TRX rows

Came home and starting digging around my psoas with my balls that I finally found.

2x5 YTWLs, KB halos, single leg dls, goblets

Sumo dls …
Warm up
8 - 50kg
6 - 60kg
4 - 70kg

Medium work sets
3 x 5 - 65kg

2 x 10 Empty bar
Front squats - deep & wide
Rear lunges

Had a work get together after the gym, unfortunately I went completely wild since I’ve been so good, we had drinks (LOTS) & through lack of practice, my alcohol tolerance was down, so I have not a clue how much I ate (SUGAR) or drank, and I have a mother of a hangover.

On week 2 of getting my tendons stronger…

2x5 YTWLs, KB halos, single leg bridges, goblets

Sumo dls …
Warm up
10 - 50kg
8 - 55kg
6 - 60kg
4 - 70kg

Medium work sets (slowly lowering the weights)
3 x 5 - 65kg
…supersetted 8kgs KB presses (slowly lowering the weights)

3 x 10 Empty bar
Rear lunges
DW Front squats

Sweating and more sweating, we have an unexpected heat wave. Can’t even cycle. Today’s workout took too long, kept having to stick my head out the window, and normally my grip is fine but just kept sticking (& no chalk in our place).
Back still twingy too, can’t lift my bike up with my left hand.

10, 3 YTWLs, KB halos, single dls, goblets

Sumo dls …
Warm up
10 - 50kg
8 - 55kg
6 - 60kg
4 - 70kg

3 x 5 - 65kg

2 x 10, 1 x 6 Empty bar
Rear lunges
DW Front squats
(Ugh ribs were at me from previous day, I did feel them grating on me the last time, should’ve just slowly worked up to the 3rd set)

Ribs are ribbing me. Shoulder is coming along but, don’t know, feel like I need some help, but since no healthcare and my usual guy is not really working in the area anymore, don’t know who to trust and not waste loads of money on trying out. Not to mention we’ll be moving continent/country soon.

Anyhoo:

Prowler pushes…6 rounds of 20kg plates
chest level
lower level

KB swings 3 x 15 (30’s sec rest)
20kg (thought I picked up the 28, was wondering why it felt nice & light)

KB Dl’s
3 x 10 - 36kg

Light KB presses (long TUT)
2 x 10 - 4kgs

TRX rows
2x8

Clothes feel a little looser, but could be imagination/wishful thinking.

[quote]minimaltechno wrote:

Clothes feel a little looser, but could be imagination/wishful thinking.
[/quote]
No the clothes definitely look looser. And your hair looks great too. My wife has trained me well.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, you are trained very well, Not really sure though some other clothes don’t feel looser, meh!

Sumo dls …
Warm up
8 - 50kg
6 - 60kg
4 - 70kg

3 x 5 - 65kg

Empty bar 20kg
A1 Rear lunges
A2 DW Front squats