Who You Jivin With That Cosmik Debris

Thought this was supposed to be my strong time of my cycle, feeling a bit beat up in the joints & stuff.

Sumo dls…
Warm/ramp ups
10 - 37.5 kg
8 - 45 kg
6 - 55 kg
4 - 60 kg
2 - 70 kg
1 - 85 kg (felt heavier than Sun)

Working sets…(ugh putting the WORK in working)
10 sets x 3 reps
77.5 kg

Good Mornings…
3x15 - 20kg

Wasn’t happy with right glute, feels like I need to work on it again like I did over Xmas. And getting sick of this shoulder, not being able to do real upper body strength, need to work on that too. Add in some swimming again.

Might switch things up after the next couple of weeks, maybe less volume on the sumo dl’s, 5x5 or something and take it down a bit on the ramp ups. Give me some extra time to work on other stuff. I think my left grip is going to need some work soon too.

Fucking flare up, been ages since I’ve had one, especially since the Lycria. Thought it was just a case of doms last night, but woke up and could barely move, radiated all through body. Could barely cycle to work. Anyway about a couple of hours before my time to the gym, it kind of cleared up thankfully. Some sets were bad and others were easy.

Took it handy, going by how I felt on each set.

4x10 …
A1 Landmine squats -
----2 - empty bar
----2 - 10kg plate
A2 Landmine press - 2.5 kg

3x8 …
B1 Real rows - 3kgs dbs
B2 Walking lunges - 3kgs dbs

3x15…
KB swing - 16kg
KB deadlift - 16kg

Sorry to read you’re aching all over. You have myalgia or taking a statin? And I like the look of landmine squats. I need to give them a try.

[quote]NHLFTR wrote:
Sorry to read you’re aching all over. You have myalgia or taking a statin? And I like the look of landmine squats. I need to give them a try.[/quote]

Thanks, ugh Saturday was in a complete mental fog, had to take naps, we were supposed to move stuff this weekend, but I just couldn’t.

I have some sort of myalgia, have had lots of tests, I do have some pressure points suggesting fibromyalgia, but nothing conclusive. The chest & knee pressure points are extremely tender. Also they detected ccp antibodies, which could mean an onset of rheumatoid arthritis, but again nothing really conclusive.

Took a deload a couple of weeks sooner then I wanted to.

3x2 YTWL shoulder warm up

Sumo dls:
Ramp ups…
8 - 45kg
4 - 60kg
2x1 85kg

Workings sets…
3x3 - 80kg

Kettlebell halos…
2x8 - 8kg

And that was all she wrote,

[quote]minimaltechno wrote:

[quote]NHLFTR wrote:
Sorry to read you’re aching all over. You have myalgia or taking a statin? And I like the look of landmine squats. I need to give them a try.[/quote]

Thanks, ugh Saturday was in a complete mental fog, had to take naps, we were supposed to move stuff this weekend, but I just couldn’t.

I have some sort of myalgia, have had lots of tests, I do have some pressure points suggesting fibromyalgia, but nothing conclusive. The chest & knee pressure points are extremely tender. Also they detected ccp antibodies, which could mean an onset of rheumatoid arthritis, but again nothing really conclusive.
[/quote]
That stuff will still be there next weekend so it’s good you laid low. Hopefully you don’t have rheumatoid. I understand that can be quite uncomfortable.

[quote]NHLFTR wrote:

[quote]NHLFTR wrote:

[/quote]
That stuff will still be there next weekend so it’s good you laid low. Hopefully you don’t have rheumatoid. I understand that can be quite uncomfortable.[/quote]

Thanks NHLFTR. Yeah took it easy over the weekend but also some mad demon bread eating monster took over my body, I very rarely eat bread but couldn’t stop myself.

I took a nice body-mindfullness walk the other day, feeling a bit better, but some moments are touch and go.

Shoulder warm up…
YTWL s, and some other things I can’t remember the name of. Think they are called skiers???

Prowler pushes…5 rounds…
Low - 30kg plates (took the weight down)
Chest level - 30kg plates

Was only going to do about 3 rounds, but what the hell I was miserable anyway. The first round felt fine, then felt like shit, but it was the ‘normal’ shit feeling one has while doing this freaking exercise.

KB halos…
2x8 - 8kg

A few KB windmills, mainly just for the shoulder.

Was feeling fine about an hour afterwards, but extremely tired now, the cycle home was tough. Skipping any lifting tomorrow and going to a Feldenkrais class with my old instructor. She’ll make me feel better.

Undecided what I’m going on Friday, low volume dls or my usual Friday thing???

Decide on Friday.

You’re lucky to have access to a Prowler :slight_smile:

Was only going to do about 3 rounds, but what the hell I was miserable anyway.

[/quote]
Don’t know why but I lol when I read this. Maybe because that’s how the prowler (or any other tough conditioning) makes me feel as well.

[quote]2busy wrote:
Decide on Friday.

You’re lucky to have access to a Prowler :)[/quote]

Lucky yes, be careful what you wish for. I always wanted to do it before. A couple of other guys were on it today and just looking at them made me ache.

Pain is more localised now, instead of all over. The endorphins took care of the pain, enough for me to get in a good enough workout. Stuck with my usual Fri thing, didn’t feel like doing strength stuff. Which is good because the last two Friday’s were crap, for one reason or another. And conditioning coming along, only took 30 sec rest between supersets, although cycling still doesn’t seem to be any easier

Warm up
2x3…YTWLs, some other shoulder thingy, and those skier shoulder thingies.

WHILE… 4x8:
A1 Landmine squats - 10kg plate
A2 DB Real rows - 5kgs dbs
–30 sec rest
END WHILE

WHILE… 4x8:
B1 KB Reverse lunge pass thru’s - 8kg
B2 Landmine press - 6.5 kg
–30 sec rest
END WHILE

WHILE… 4x8:
C1 KB swing - 28kg
C2 KB deadlift - 28kg
–30 sec rest
END WHILE

nice & easy…
2x8 ea way
KB halos - 6kg (ribs a bit achey, going to keep the weight low for now)

[quote]NHLFTR wrote:

Was only going to do about 3 rounds, but what the hell I was miserable anyway.

[/quote]
Don’t know why but I lol when I read this. Maybe because that’s how the prowler (or any other tough conditioning) makes me feel as well.[/quote]

We could pretend we are pushing loads of gold, or puppies or fish tacos home or whatever takes your fancy depending on the day.

3x2 YTWL shoulder warm up, hip thrusters, goblet squats, etc

Sumo dls (feel cheated only doing 3 sets, don’t feel like I have time to get in the groove):
Ramp ups…
8 - 45kg
4 - 60kg
2x1 85kg
Workings sets…
3x3 - 82.5 kg
Supersetted w/ Kettlebell halos…

Wide DB rows… (trying these out, see how the shoulder & ribs feel)
8 - 8kg
8 - 10kg

3 rounds prowler pushes, 30kg plates
Chest
Lower

First round felt easy, but that was just a lie.

KB swings (rather tired looking ones)
2 x 10 - 28kg

Anyway tomorrow going to do the same dls and rows but with much lighter weights. Was reading about how to build up joints, and just like with muscles someone (can’t remember) said to do a light version of the same exercise. Worth a try for the next few weeks.

Sumo dls :
Ramp ups…
8 - 45kg
4 - 60kg
2 - 72.5kg
2x1 90kg (felt light enough)
Workings sets… paused below knee…
3x3 - 82.5 kg

5 rounds prowler pushes:
Chest - 40kg plates
Lower - 30kg plates

Off out of town for a few days.

Sumo dls :

8 - 45kg
4 - 60kg
2 - 72.5kg

Single sets
10x1 90kg

2x15 GMs

Tried to do presses ribs were having none of it.

3 rounds prowler pushes:
Chest - 45 kg plates
Lower - 30kg plates

Not much of a warm up, had a wardrobe malfunction, so was limited.

Sumo dls :
8 - 50kg
4 - 70kg
Double time…
7x2 - 90kg

Supersetted w/
KB press - 6kg (felt too light but think I need to slooowly add this, and using the KBs felt better than using a bar)

2x8:
KB halos - 6kg
KB bent over rows - 6kgs (meh ribs were fine while doing them, but felt twingy on the way back)

3 rounds prowler pushes (added an extra 10kg plate on last round) :
Chest - 2x45/ 1x55 kg - plates
Lower - 2x35/ 1x40 kg - plates

Meant to note last session, had to move my hand placement in closer, felt much easier to keep the bar close. My left hook grip is still going ok, must’ve just been a fluke a couple of weeks ago. And the 90kg felt nice and light again. I’m still playing with number of reps & sets

Hello DOMS, it has been awhile. Going to work on some light dl’s today to help.

Slowly getting back into doing some yoga, mainly to loosen things up before bedtime. I think I have a good ritual down now to ensure that I sleep the whole night through. Make sure I list everything I need to do so I get it out of my brain, do some yoga, drink some herbal tea, take hot shower, jump into bed and then drift off listening to mediation on Youtube on the phone.

Anyway started tracking shit on myfitnesspal, the usual way I lost weight last year isn’t working, I think its the Lycria (according to Dr??), so need to try something else. I just don’t want it to bring up any old issues for me.

DOMS in the traps & erectors!!!

Mish mash of stuff in the gym trying to get things moving.
2x3 - YTWL’s
2x10 light pull throughs
5 mins knobly foam roller
10 hip thrusts, goblet squats (making sure to really sink & hold at the bottom, tight flexors getting in the way)

Light Sumo dls…
4 x 10 - 45kg
They were more like cardio, I guess they will be good for me though. I tried to do deficits could not find anything that wouldn’t slip on platform.

DB press
3x 10 - 3kg ea

KB halo
2x8 ea - 4kg

KB swings (couldn’t quite get into the ‘swing’ of things, felt weird)
3x10 - 28kg

more time on the knobbly foam roller, and lots of flexor stretching.