Who Would Win This Fight?

[quote]Mr Beeks wrote:
But surely $200 spent on a “Gazelle” (whatever the hell that is), is $200 that couldn’t be spent on half a days sugar and lard? So Tony wins the nice guy award.
[/quote]

Its also 200 bucks that could be spent on Metabolic Drive.

The Geico commercial with Tony Little is fucking hilarious.

“You can do it!!!”

Both these guys are pretty silly, but they’re also not afraid to poke fun at themselves which makes 'em alright in my book.

TSB

V

sigh, why do I even try? Must be the silly notion that people will actually listen.

Ha!

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
oboffill wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:
oboffill wrote:
I don’t get hating on people just because they aren’t “edgy” or do hardcore things like wear mohawks.

My older brother and the rest of the binghamton lacross team have mohawks. They did it as a sign of unity, and I’m 99% sure they chose the mohawks as their sign of unity because a kid on their team used to wear one until he was in a base jumping accident and lost part of his skull and now needs to wear a custom helmet to protect his brain.

I agree with massif about shutting your mouth before making ignorant comments.

T-Nation never fails, eh. Some dude starts an unprovoked thread dissing two guys who are upbeat, positive, friendly guys. I defend these guys and I’m the ignorant one.

I’m going to jump off the roof now (to your delight, I imagine). Laters.

Two jackasses that sell the hope of fitness to suckers without providing the real means to actually get fit.

They should be ashamed of themselves amassing a fortune and not providing a real service.

But at least they are upbeat.[/quote]

Richard Simmons has helped a lot of people lose weight (I dunno about Tony Little so I know comment about him).

No, it’s not rocket science… but he just tells people to exercise and stop eating so much and to make better food choices. Is it worth the price of whatever he sells? Not to me, or to you… but that’s what some people need to get motivated to get off their asses.

It’s probably safe to say that more people have benefitted from Richard Simmons than from Biotest (just because he reaches a much greater and more general audience).

Obviously it would be way better if the people who bought whatever Richard Simmon sells came to T-Nation/Biotest, but that’s not the market that
T-Nation/Biotest is after… though that might not be all that bad an idea: Look what [company who’ll rename nameless] did with Body for Life.

Maybe they could both jump off a bridge and die.

[quote]oboffill wrote:
sigh, why do I even try? Must be the silly notion that people will actually listen.

Ha! [/quote]

People will listen - just not to you.

[quote]Massif wrote:
oboffill wrote:

Ha!

People will listen - just not to you.[/quote]

Classy.

[quote]Mr Beeks wrote:
But surely $200 spent on a “Gazelle” (whatever the hell that is), is $200 that couldn’t be spent on half a days sugar and lard? So Tony wins the nice guy award.
[/quote]

Excellent point.

[quote]
As for the fight, I reckon Mr Simmons would go for a rear naked choke, or maybe a third arm bar.[/quote]

Don’t use the words “rear” and “naked” in the same sentence as Richard Simmons name. It will give me nightmares.

I think it was a year or two ago that Richard Simmons “Bitch slapped” (as richard put it) someone in an airport.

Turned out the dude fought mma too… the guy pressed charges rather than just killing Richie.

How bad must it feel to get punked by richard simmons?

Obviously richard would.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
oboffill wrote:
The Gazelle aint the worst machine out there. It only costs about $200. Won’t really break the bank and it’s much less expensive than a treadmill or Bowflex. Burn some calories and easy on the knees.

You must be pretty wealthy since it ‘only costs about 200 bucks’ and it ‘wont really break the bank’ and yes its less expensive than a treadmill, but its still a piece of shit.[/quote]

$200 is two weeks part time flipping burgers. Not a lot of money.

[quote]oboffill wrote:
Both men seem like good, upbeat people. They never sent a man to war without body armor, at least.

I don’t get hating on people just because they aren’t “edgy” or do hardcore things like wear mohawks. [/quote]

I’m going to echo oboffill’s thought here. These men are “edgy” and often times ridiculous because they’re trying to keep the attention and motivate 400 lb people away from the fridge and on being more healthy.

Their methods may not be the best, but they are definitely not selling snake oil. I don’t expect someone severly overweight to just walk into a community fitness center and start up on the treadmill or go out jogging along the highway.

I just watched Simmons on Drew Carey’s show “Who’s Line Is It Anyway?” and he seems like a genuinely nice person with a good sense of humor about himself. I’m also aware that he does a lot of charity work like visiting the sick in hospitals and kids with cancer. I for one won’t be slamming some person I don’t even know just because they’re a little eccentric or because they’re homosexual.