Who Would Win: Grizzly vs Rhino

I say the Rhino, disparities in size win in the animal kingdom.

csulli, could take both if a child was at stake.

Rhino wins easily.

Personally though, while I would have no chance against a large grizzly in unarmed combat, I think I would fare better against the rhino.

You see a rhino is so large that you would be able to leap onto its head and hold on to the conveniently placed horn. The rhino has no way of reaching up to dislodge you, so you’re then free to yank out one of its eyes and force your arm into the newly vacant eye socket to scramble its brains with your hand.

[quote]csulli wrote:
Rhino wins easily.

Personally though, while I would have no chance against a large grizzly in unarmed combat, I think I would fare better against the rhino.

You see a rhino is so large that you would be able to leap onto its head and hold on to the conveniently placed horn. The rhino has no way of reaching up to dislodge you, so you’re then free to yank out one of its eyes and force your arm into the newly vacant eye socket to scramble its brains with your hand.[/quote]
I bet that the rhino could roll over/buck you off. Basically, humans aren’t very good at the whole unarmed combat thing.

[quote]Silyak wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:
Rhino wins easily.

You see a rhino is so large that you would be able to leap onto its head and hold on to the conveniently placed horn. The rhino has no way of reaching up to dislodge you, so you’re then free to yank out one of its eyes and force your arm into the newly vacant eye socket to scramble its brains with your hand.[/quote]
I bet that the rhino could roll over/buck you off. Basically, humans aren’t very good at the whole unarmed combat thing. [/quote]

One question I have always had is why didn’t a creature evolve (lets assume evolution is correct for sake of argument) that had a human’s cognitive ability and say a Grizzlies or lion’s prowess. Think of a 5,000 pound creature with imposable thumbs, retractable claws, massive maw, and thick skin like a rhino combined with the reasoning and mental capability of a human. Seem like evolution would have spawned something more physically and mentally dominant combining the two aspects into an ultimate species.

[quote]csulli wrote:
Rhino wins easily.

LO FUCKING L…God you always make me laugh.

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]Silyak wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:
Rhino wins easily.

I bet that the rhino could roll over/buck you off. Basically, humans aren’t very good at the whole unarmed combat thing. [/quote]

One question I have always had is why didn’t a creature evolve (lets assume evolution is correct for sake of argument) that had a human’s cognitive ability and say a Grizzlies or lion’s prowess. Think of a 5,000 pound creature with imposable thumbs, retractable claws, massive maw, and thick skin like a rhino combined with the reasoning and mental capability of a human. Seem like evolution would have spawned something more physically and mentally dominant combining the two aspects into an ultimate species. [/quote]

Sasquatch?

[quote]

One question I have always had is why didn’t a creature evolve (lets assume evolution is correct for sake of argument) that had a human’s cognitive ability and say a Grizzlies or lion’s prowess. Think of a 5,000 pound creature with imposable thumbs, retractable claws, massive maw, and thick skin like a rhino combined with the reasoning and mental capability of a human. Seem like evolution would have spawned something more physically and mentally dominant combining the two aspects into an ultimate species. [/quote]

[quote]50_Caliber wrote:

Burn that fucking thing with fire!

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]Silyak wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:
Rhino wins easily.

I just don’t think the Rhino would get lucky enough to use its horn or get any good hits on the bear. The grizzly would wound the rhino and eventually wear it down and kill it.

[quote]bdocksaints75 wrote:
I just don’t think the Rhino would get lucky enough to use its horn or get any good hits on the bear. The grizzly would wound the rhino and eventually wear it down and kill it.[/quote]

I donno man, Rhino’s have no natural predators, which means a Lion pride won’t even mess with one. Can a lone bear take a Rhino, it’s hard to say.

I’d think both are gonna sustain devastating injuries with no clear winner. If they absolutely go to the death I give it to the bear, but reluctantly.

700 pounds of predator

vs.

2000 pounds of herbivorous

I donno…

No offense to Tim, but I think his weights are a bit off. Maybe he was thinking of this guy at 10,000 pounds?

[quote]bdocksaints75 wrote:
I just don’t think the Rhino would get lucky enough to use its horn or get any good hits on the bear. The grizzly would wound the rhino and eventually wear it down and kill it.[/quote]

they had been known to charge and derail trains. Something 9000 pounds traveling at 30 mph doesn’t need a direct hit to mess you up. Brown bears are very powerful but there is just too big a disparity in size to overcome.

The only thing that will mess with a rhino in africa is an elephant. Not a pride of lions, not crocs, not even hippos which kill more people than any other animal there. Do you think a brown bear can take on a pride of lions?

I’m with csulli on this one. I could kill a rhino. All you have to do is tear off the horn. Have you guys learned nothing from Conan?

The bear would lose to the rhino though because he lacks opposable thumbs to grasp the horn.

What this means is that I would kill the rhino, the rhino would kill the bear, and the bear would kill me. It’s like rock, paper, scissors applied to interspecies combat.

Next:

Gustave or Lolong

vs.

Siberian tiger

Go!

Gustave

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
700 pounds of predator

vs.

2000 pounds of herbivorous

I donno…[/quote]

700 is not the largest but is pretty big. unsubstantiated weight of 2500 for the largest.

the 2000 is for the black lip rhino.

white lip are 4,000 plus, up to 9,900