Who Would Want to Look Like Lee Priest?

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

LOL @ staying within 5 pounds of contest weight.[/quote]

Which IFBBs pros do you prep again?

Which do you speak with on a first name basis?

right…[/quote]

I’m sorry, I have to speak to pros on a regular basis to find 5-15lbs extreme if implying even most pros stay within that range of contest weight?

This thread began about Lee Priest…and Lee Priest at most hit around 270-275 in the off season, not 290. He always spoke about how he just liked to eat and didn’t care about staying lean in the off season.

Yes, many pros today do grow into shows, but implying that all of them do or that even most stay that close to contest weight year round is a stretch.

I’m sorry…how many pros have you prepped again?

Oh wait…none…which makes you questioning me like that a bit funny.

No one disrespected you. You brought that in all by yourself.

Kai Greene sure as hell didn’t get the memo…or Johnnie Jackson…[/quote]

Me asking you how many bodybuilders you know or have prepped was just to make a point. THe point that you laughing at the slightly exaggerated claim made is just your superiority complex coming through again because it undermines YOUR ENTIRE LIFE as it pertains to the gym.

Sorry, the butthurt is so obvious.

Me not prepping any pros says nothing about the fact that Im more in tune with modern drug protocols than you are. If you were in tune, the first thing to pop into your head wouldn’t have been ‘lol’.

JOJ is irrelevant. He competes as a powerlifter still. Has a pretty obvious incentive to get really big to prepare for meets.

Kai greene is also a poor example, as there is widespread speculation that Kai exaggerates his offseason weight claims as just another part of the cerebral approach he takes to competing. I like Kai, his videos are cool and definitely different but lets not take one guy as any sort of proof that growing into shows isnt the NORM.

Obviously it’s not the ONLY way to do things, it’s just the prevalent method today. If he does go up to 320 just to diet down to the 260 range, good for him. He’s just one guy, and one guy not known for his conditioning, in an era of substandard conditioning. Im not saying it’s right or wrong, Im just saying what actually goes on today.

There is a clear shift in the general mentality towards offseason drug use in an attempt to stay healthier long term.

I didnt feel disrespected, btw. Should I have? I have no stake in this discussion as I dont consider myself a bodybuilder.

Just to state it, many at that level do stay within about 20lbs of contest weight ONCE THEY ARE ALREADY HUGE. The average bodybuilder could lose that much in water alone dieting for a show.

You won’t find Dexter Jackson bulking up by 40lbs but you wouldn’t put it past guys like Kai Greene or Heath.

Branch Warren stays pretty close to contest weight but he also isn’t growing all that much at this point.[/quote]

lol youre contradicting yourself in every other sentence.

Youre literally making things up. Prof X fantasy land facts.

This is Phil within the past month at a supp shop in Canada.

If he’s 275 there then consider me Miles Davis.

Those stats you posted are old btw, unless the Mr O webcast had wrong info (which it may have been). Phil won the O at 255-260.

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/396204_10151183145995008_648495007_22553679_75411557_n.jpg

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

Me asking you how many bodybuilders you know or have prepped was just to make a point. THe point that you laughing at the slightly exaggerated claim made is just your superiority complex coming through again because it undermines YOUR ENTIRE LIFE as it pertains to the gym. [/quote]

? several people have now commented about that range being extreme. I laughed at the idea of someone literally measuring out exactly 5lbs of weight gain past contest weight.

That idea is still ridiculous. Me laughing at that doesn’t have shit to do with a “superiority complex”.

You simply didn’t like that I responded. No one gives a shit if you don’t like me.

Crying about everything I write just makes you all look like you are sexually attracted to me.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

Those stats you posted are old btw, unless the Mr O webcast had wrong info (which it may have been). Phil won the O at 255-260.

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/396204_10151183145995008_648495007_22553679_75411557_n.jpg[/quote]

No one cares if the stats are old. The point still is, the guys who usually make the largest gains in lean body mass gain are NOT the guys staying within 10lbs of contest weight.

This is not a new debate. Since Shawn Ray competed bodybuilders have discussed this because he was one of the first to NOT bulk up in the off season.

One thing you can say about Ray is that he was damn near perfect and that his conditioning was spot on. You can also say of ALL the other guys he competed with over the years, he made the LEAST overall physical progress through the years.

I mean, dude, face it, if you were speaking to someone clueless about all this shit I wouldn’t still be typing here after all this time.

OF FREAKING COURSE a bodybuilder will avoid bulking up to some huge weight when they are already so big that too much more muscle in the wrong place could ruin how they look.

That doesn’t mean that is how they all got there.

Crying about everything I write just makes you all look like you are sexually attracted to me.

[/quote]

O RLY???

So with proper guidance and access to the right kinds of drugs, even less developed bodybuilders (lets say the new pros for example who have not yet reached their desired size or muscle maturity) can stay lean year round and then “grow into a show” as opposed to the traditional bulking method?

Will their development be compromised somehow? Or will the positives outweigh the negatives (ie… lesser muscle gained but need to lose lesser fat so lower risk of losing the newly gained muscle). FYI i have no knowledge on drug protocols so dun bash me if i’m wrong… just asking to satisfy my own curiosity lol.

[quote]redondo wrote:
So with proper guidance and access to the right kinds of drugs, even less developed bodybuilders (lets say the new pros for example who have not yet reached their desired size or muscle maturity) can stay lean year round and then “grow into a show” as opposed to the traditional bulking method?

Will their development be compromised somehow? Or will the positives outweigh the negatives (ie… lesser muscle gained but need to lose lesser fat so lower risk of losing the newly gained muscle). FYI i have no knowledge on drug protocols so dun bash me if i’m wrong… just asking to satisfy my own curiosity lol. [/quote]

Like I just wrote, in general, what you will see is guys like Kai Greene hitting the pros and then blowing the fuck up. THEN, once he’s freaking huge, then he will work on more refinement and stay closer to his goal weight. That was why I posted the stats from Phil even though he is bigger now.

Yeah, NOW he will likely work on refining what he has…because he has filled out his frame to an insane level and is now side by side with the greats.

You won’t usually find some NPC guy at 216lbs “growing into a show” until he hits 270 on stage at the Olympia.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/396204_10151183145995008_648495007_22553679_75411557_n.jpg[/quote]

No one cares if the stats are old. The point still is, the guys who usually make the largest gains in lean body mass gain are NOT the guys staying within 10lbs of contest weight.

This is not a new debate. Since Shawn Ray competed bodybuilders have discussed this because he was one of the first to NOT bulk up in the off season.

One thing you can say about Ray is that he was damn near perfect and that his conditioning was spot on. You can also say of ALL the other guys he competed with over the years, he made the LEAST overall physical progress through the years.

I mean, dude, face it, if you were speaking to someone clueless about all this shit I wouldn’t still be typing here after all this time.

OF FREAKING COURSE a bodybuilder will avoid bulking up to some huge weight when they are already so big that too much more muscle in the wrong place could ruin how they look.

That doesn’t mean that is how they all got there.[/quote]

I have no idea about contest prep, drugs and all that stuff, but it is clear that you are butthurt. Just accept it and move on.

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

I have no idea about contest prep, drugs and all that stuff, but it is clear that you are butthurt. Just accept it and move on.[/quote]

Impossible. I use…

…and all I can say is, “aaaaaaahhhhhh”.

Isn’t this thread about Lee Priest?

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

[/quote]

O RLY???[/quote]

Let be serious for a moment here, you know you would sit on professor X’s couch…

[quote]ElevenMag wrote:

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

[/quote]

O RLY???[/quote]

Let be serious for a moment here, you know you would sit on professor X’s couch…
[/quote]

He said there’s a bunch of puppies at his house and if I go with him, and I’m a good boy that does everything he says, he might give me one!

[quote]redondo wrote:

Will their development be compromised somehow? Or will the positives outweigh the negatives (ie… lesser muscle gained but need to lose lesser fat so lower risk of losing the newly gained muscle). FYI i have no knowledge on drug protocols so dun bash me if i’m wrong… just asking to satisfy my own curiosity lol. [/quote]

Like I just wrote, in general, what you will see is guys like Kai Greene hitting the pros and then blowing the fuck up. THEN, once he’s freaking huge, then he will work on more refinement and stay closer to his goal weight. That was why I posted the stats from Phil even though he is bigger now.

Yeah, NOW he will likely work on refining what he has…because he has filled out his frame to an insane level and is now side by side with the greats.

You won’t usually find some NPC guy at 216lbs “growing into a show” until he hits 270 on stage at the Olympia.[/quote]

x2

from what ive seen personally most people who are actually big spent a while bulking up, phil, kai, ronnie, etc etc etc

Now by bulking up i dont mean becomeing lard but i mean much heavier then 5-15lbs from contest shape. The guys that do stay within that usually are done with mass and are just refineing etc or are natural competitors.

I dont think in absolute fairness that natural competittors need to get that far out of shape, i think 10-15lbs is reasonable seeing as how in a year they are not going to put on that much lean mass after a certain point so why go 20-50lbs away from that unless thats how you actually like to look which some people do.

I know from myself I am not putting on large amounts of mass anymore since im past that point now so theres no need for me to carry as much fat (13%) as im carrying now, but i wouldnt be at this point as fast as i got to it if i didnt do a few dreamer bulks along the way

[quote]redondo wrote:

Assuming that muscle mass is a function of how many drugs you are taking, then yes, anyone can grow into a show. Ramp up the androgens, combine it with some fat-burners, and you will end up in contest condition heavier than you started.

Rather than spend all year on high doses, compromising health and costing a lot of money, people have figured out that just cranking up the dose in the weeks before a contest will yield the same result at less personal detriment.

Case in point: Phil Heath. He definitely gets smaller and less “freaky” in the off-season, just symptomatic of lower doses. IMO he is one of the prime candidates for staying within 10-15 lbs of contest weight year-round.

It’s not just the domain of the SHWs either…just another way to skin the cat.

[quote]Proud_Virgin wrote:

[quote]redondo wrote:

Assuming that muscle mass is a function of how many drugs you are taking, then yes, anyone can grow into a show. Ramp up the androgens, combine it with some fat-burners, and you will end up in contest condition heavier than you started.

Rather than spend all year on high doses, compromising health and costing a lot of money, people have figured out that just cranking up the dose in the weeks before a contest will yield the same result at less personal detriment.

Case in point: Phil Heath. He definitely gets smaller and less “freaky” in the off-season, just symptomatic of lower doses. IMO he is one of the prime candidates for staying within 10-15 lbs of contest weight year-round.

[/quote]

just look at Kevin Levrone, he was the prime example of growing into shows

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:

[quote]redondo wrote:

[/quote]

just look at Kevin Levrone, he was the prime example of growing into shows[/quote]

Oh yeah, without a doubt. He would shrink down to 210 or so in the offseason, and then a couple months before the show would ramp it back up.

This kind of bit him in the ass though, as he didn’t improve much from year to year (especially his back) and ended up getting some injuries that kept him from training as hard as he may have wanted.

A true genetic freak.

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:

[quote]redondo wrote:

[/quote]

just look at Kevin Levrone, he was the prime example of growing into shows[/quote]

Oh yeah, without a doubt. He would shrink down to 210 or so in the offseason, and then a couple months before the show would ramp it back up.

This kind of bit him in the ass though, as he didn’t improve much from year to year (especially his back) and ended up getting some injuries that kept him from training as hard as he may have wanted.

A true genetic freak.[/quote]

Yeah hes one of my faveorites of all times, as great as he was though I personally think he greatly fell short of his potential, if he stayed on at least something all year and shrank to 230-240 instead of all the way to 200 he would of been a lot better of IMO but he put his health first which i cant knock him for

Hes also an example of never finishing at the toppppppppp :slight_smile:

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

I have no idea about contest prep, drugs and all that stuff, but it is clear that you are butthurt. Just accept it and move on.[/quote]

Impossible. I use…

…and all I can say is, “aaaaaaahhhhhh”.

Isn’t this thread about Lee Priest?[/quote]

Touché.

I would definitely want to look like Lee Priest. One of the most genetically talented bodybuilders as well as one of the most fully developed men in history.