Who Would Look Bigger: Coleman or Lesnar?

Who would look bigger if they were standing beside each other do you think, Ronnie Coleman or Brock Lesnar? Ronnie had a ton more muscle and was heavier than Lesnar, but Brock had a bigger frame and thicker bones.

All I know About Lesner is that He`s a farm boy turned marine then his greatest accomplishment pro wrestling lol.

[quote]300plus wrote:
All I know About Lesner is that He`s a farm boy turned marine then his greatest accomplishment pro wrestling lol.[/quote]

Where is the Marine thing coming from? … I could be wrong but don’t think that’s accurate

Not sure who would look bigger, but I’d rather get PUNCHED by Ronnie … Getting hit by Lesnars fist looks akin to getting hit with a lunchbox full of bricks

how is this a serious question?

ronnie would dwarf him

Lesnar isn’t as big as you think. I watched him come out of the tunnel next to Matt Burk of the vikings and Lesnar was small compared to him. Ronnie would dwarf him in shear mass!!

[quote]TheCB wrote:

ronnie would dwarf him

[/quote]

Dwarf? No, he would not. Lesnar is 6’3 and not exactly thin.

Look at most pics of bodybuilders next to wrestlers or strongman they make them look like kids.

Ronnie every time in my opinion.

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:

[quote]TheCB wrote:

ronnie would dwarf him[/quote]
Dwarf? No, he would not. Lesnar is 6’3 and not exactly thin.[/quote]
Lesnar is a few inches taller than Coleman and in the neighborhood of 10-20 pounds lighter, if not more, depending on which versions of the guys we’re talking. In bodybuilding, being taller and lighter would generally equate to “looking smaller”.

Now the real question is: Arnold in his Mr. O prime or Ultimate Warrior (as Warrior the WWF star, not Jim Hellwig the '80s bodybuilder)? Ha.

Height can change things.

Big big difference between who is bigger, and who is more muscular. Plenty of people with taller and larger structures than Ronnie, but 296 lbs of contest condition muscle on a 5’11 frame? No one is touching that.

S

Bodybuilders (and bodybuilding fans and gym rats on an average) are generally on the shorter side. This led to the 70s’ definition of “bodybuilding big” to mean having a smaller aspect ratio or being wide and thick for a certain height while not being too fat! By this definition, offseason heavyweight pro BBers are the biggest humans walking the planet followed by maybe some defensive linemen.

Then thanks to legions of angry natural lifters who saw no point in getting too big and getting soft which would further diminish their attractiveness to females in addition to being short, the definition of “bodybuilding big” was further scaled down to “has a good amount of muscular definition when standing by himself and posing properly”. By this definition, someone like Spidey on this site is much bigger than Jim Wendler, even though scrawny in real life.

Then again he’s also considerably heavier than Brock and in offseason mode in his prime, he’d likely outsize Lesnar standing next to him so … So yeah by either definition, Ronnie would be “bigger” than Brock.

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:

[quote]TheCB wrote:

ronnie would dwarf him

[/quote]

Dwarf? No, he would not. Lesnar is 6’3 and not exactly thin.

Look at most pics of bodybuilders next to wrestlers or strongman they make them look like kids.[/quote]

^Thats a shot of Ronnie an easy decade and a half retired and after several surgeries. Take a look at him in his prime, even dieted down, and realize that the man is 5’11, and consider how big he actually was. :slight_smile:

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
^Thats a shot of Ronnie an easy decade and a half retired and after several surgeries. Take a look at him in his prime, even dieted down, and realize that the man is 5’11, and consider how big he actually was. :slight_smile:

S[/quote]

I have met Ronnie in person I am a little over 5’10.5, no way in hell he is 5’11.

[quote]maverick88 wrote:

I have met Ronnie in person I am a little over 5’10.5, no way in hell he is 5’11.[/quote]

Just going by online stats. I’m only 5’8 myself so the few Pros I’ve met, aside from Lee Priest and Flew Lewis haven’t been shorter than I am -lol.

S

all excellent points from Stu

hmm the greatest bodybuilder in history who weighed 290 with almost zero BF

against a guy lighter fatter and taller

hmm i wonder who would look bigger

Look at the massive dude on the left next to the two other small gentlemen :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]TheCB wrote:

hmm i wonder who would look bigger[/quote]

Standing next to Adam Scherr here (circa 2013)

Bodybuilding is about being as MUSCULAR as possible at a certain height since that creates the illusion. If you’re insecure about your height and want to be referred to as “big” despite being 5’8 and under its likely not going to happen since most people will see you as small. And that is OK. But I agree that Ronnie offseason in his prime would be considered “bigger” than Lesnar.

There’s a bunch of 5’4" kids who walk around with ILS in my gym after grinding 2 plates on the bench (thats still almost 2 times bodyweight brahhhh) and who go around congratulating each other (you’re huge brah…no YOU’RE huge brahhh) but the rest of the gymgoers normal height and over (especially the women) look at these little men with an amused expression on their faces. The girl who works the counter lost her job for saying “look at the choads slapping around on the bench”. If they posted selfies on here, they’d be considered big lol.

There is a difference between looking bigger and taking up more space. As it was mentioned, height changes a lot of things. For example whenI worked at the Biotest booth at the (2006?) Olympia Quincy Taylor was MUCH more impressive than Ronnie because he was 6"4" AND had a lot of muscle. Similarly a guy like Hafthor Bjornsson at something like 6"9" with plenty of muscle would look more imposing AT FIRST SIGHT.

When you take a quick glance, height and frame makes a huge first impression. And to be honest, to an untrained eye, someone who isn’t into training or bodybuilding, the tall (muscular) guy can still look more impressive even after more careful analysis.

Obviously for someone who is more used to seeing muscle, it’s a not contest that even after the quick first impression due to frame and size, the more muscular guy will look bigger.

But also one thing to consider. It’s easy to judge muscle size by pictures. But honestly if you put 5-10 IFBB pro bodybuilders in a tank top and mask their face so that you don’t know who they are, you will have a hard time telling which one has more muscle when looking at them in a “normal” setting… these guys have so much muscle that it’s almost like the brain has no frame of reference and has a hard time judging size accordingly.

But honestly, Brock isn’t the best example for your question. He is a big boy but not that big… every division I football team has at least 20 guys his sizer bigger. And he isn’t tell enough to make a huge difference next to Ronnie who isn’t exactly short at 5’11".

Now take a huge and solid NFL defensive tackle who is 6’5" and 320 with a lot of muscle despite having some fat, or a top level world strongest man competitor… in a shirt it might be hard to decide because these guys have a REALLY big frame. But without a shirt it’s a no contest.

[quote]Depression Boy wrote:
Look at the massive dude on the left next to the two other small gentlemen :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]TheCB wrote:

hmm i wonder who would look bigger[/quote][/quote]

how bizarre that in a thread asking if brock lesnar is bigger than ronnie you post a pic of the big show instead

the big show who is 7ft tall and over 400lbs (whereas lesnar is 6’3 and about 260) and standing with a clearly retired ronnie anyway

second pic dont know the guy but again ronnie long retired and the guy clearly far larger than brock lesnar