Who Works a Good 8 Hour Day

If im going to work some random job that i dont have a personal fulfillment vendetta with, why on earth would they think that its healthy or balanced to work 11-12 hour shifts 5 days a week?

Even if im not doing anything extremely meaningful with the extra free time i would have, I would rather just HAVE that time for myself to do what i want rather than being at some job that i dont necessarily care about.

Population density is increasing all the time , there is no shortage of people that will work with zest on any sh1tty job thats available.

The earth is going to keep on spinning regardless of how many jars of peanut butter you box up and send out , or how many granola bars get produced at the factory, or how accurately you inventory the supply of spa shirts at the supply warehouse.

Work/play/sleep . Its like a triangle. Is it wrong to just want a triangle that is even on all sides ?

[quote]Field wrote:
Population density is increasing all the time , there is no shortage of people that will work with zest on any sh1tty job thats available.

[/quote]

Bear in mind also that there’s no shortage of people who’'ll steal your dream job from under you. You won’t get anywhere without a superior work ethic.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go”- T.S. Eliot

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Field wrote:

[/quote]

Bear in mind also that there’s no shortage of people who’'ll steal your dream job from under you. You won’t get anywhere without a superior work ethic.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go”- T.S. Eliot[/quote]

‘To infinite and beyond!’ Buzz Lightyear

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Field wrote:

[/quote]

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go”- T.S. Eliot[/quote]

[/quote]

“In space no one can hear you scream” - excerpt from Buzz Lightyear’s kidnap trial.

“Hit it with your purse you fucking pussy!”- SkyzykS

Seriously though, what are you rambling about?

edit: meant that for the op. didn’t mean to jump a good derailment.

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Field wrote:

[/quote]

x2

My health would be in the toilet without a job.

OP, are you an hourly worker?

Try aiming a little higher than packing shirts.

[quote]Field wrote:
If im going to work some random job that i dont have a personal fulfillment vendetta with, why on earth would they think that its healthy or balanced to work 11-12 hour shifts 5 days a week?

Even if im not doing anything extremely meaningful with the extra free time i would have, I would rather just HAVE that time for myself to do what i want rather than being at some job that i dont necessarily care about.

The earth is going to keep on spinning regardless of how many jars of peanut butter you box up and send out , or how many granola bars get produced at the factory, or how accurately you inventory the supply of spa shirts at the supply warehouse.

Work/play/sleep . Its like a triangle. Is it wrong to just want a triangle that is even on all sides ?[/quote]

I work from 6-6 with a three hour break from 12 to 3.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:
Try aiming a little higher than packing shirts.[/quote]

No he’s packing peanut butter and counting shirts.

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Swolegasm wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Field wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

“In space no one can hear you scream” - excerpt from Buzz Lightyear’s kidnap trial.[/quote]

‘‘Boats and Hoes’’ Step brothers

I lol’d ^

I have the career I’ve always wanted. Although it’s not a physical job, it does have some stresses (like simultaneous deadlines on rush projects)… but the job itself is basically stress-free.

That said, I find I can and do often work more than 8 hours per day. Sometimes I’ll work every day for weeks at a time. When I’m not working, the creative aspects of the job are always on my mind. It can be burdensome at times, and it’s in these times that I wish I just had a simple, mindless 9-5 job (like stocking shelves) that I don’t have to think about when I get home.

I work for myself around 4-5 hours a day. its pretty awesome being your own boss.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:
Try aiming a little higher than packing shirts.[/quote]

No he’s packing peanut butter and counting shirts.[/quote]
Ah shit, dude’s probably a Rothschild.

So kid whatcha shooting in that avatar? Sig, Glock, kimber, springfield XD???

[quote]four60 wrote:
So kid whatcha shooting in that avatar? Sig, Glock, kimber, springfield XD???[/quote]

Springfield xdm 9

[quote]Field wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:
So kid whatcha shooting in that avatar? Sig, Glock, kimber, springfield XD???[/quote]

Springfield xdm 9 [/quote]

Is the grip safety & round indicator a big plus or just kinda so-so

I’m looking to get one in 40 over the glock 19 just because I have to many freaking glocks

The grip saftey is whatever but i DID like the round indicator. If the indicator is up, there IS a round in the chamber, no joke. It makes the gun a safer experience overall.

I put at least 40k rounds through that particular pistol.

[quote]Field wrote:
The grip saftey is whatever but i DID like the round indicator. If the indicator is up, there IS a round in the chamber, no joke. It makes the gun a safer experience overall.

I put at least 40k rounds through that particular pistol.

[/quote]

Shit I don’t think I have more than 5k thru my oldest pistol.

You must compete.

I’m kinda iffy on the whole safety issue since I never had a issue with my glocks but I like the look of the XDM and have heard great things about them.

I also seen a OD green one that has my name on it.

[quote]four60 wrote:
Black boys in Florida.

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Field wrote:

[/quote]

+1 for superior work ethic. It is a massive differentiation.

For me it’s no longer a question of working harder or longer or smarter - you’ve basically got to work hard, work long and work smart. Eliminate the duties and influences in your life that are negative or detracting or raise your emotion to the point you can’t fulfil your responsibility.

I’m all for working for yourself, but it is a lot of hard work with (in most cases) no safety net. This pushes people working for themselves to work harder. I respect that. I think behaving and striving like an entrepreneur in your own work is a strong balance. Act like a leader, push for more responsibility, ask for tough assignments, back yourself, put yourself on the line in a professional setting.

After 10 years or more of full time work I can honestly say the thrill of challenge is what keeps me going.