Who Wants To Have A Friendly Comp Next Year?

Wow–those are some sweet kicks!

1 Like

This is an awesome idea!
Any chance i could join? I won’t be as impressive as anything i’ve seen so far, but this could help motivate me to lose that fat i’ve been trying to lose for the last 4 months!

1 Like

Oh dear! This is getting down right scary!

1 Like

If there is a t nation calendar for purchase after this competition I might order a few… just sayin :wink: very motivating so far!!

2 Likes

Indeed. Haha.

@ChickenLittle the competition/ progress/ transformation idea is very fun. It will give people some accountability and a deadline.

FYI, I’m not serious about getting super lean this spring. Maintenance is boring to watch, but if you or @countrygirl2016 decide to work on figure goals (even in your logs) please let me know because I’d love to follow!

2 Likes

Thanks Puff. I would love to do this, but reality has set in and I know my ship has sailed. :wink: my waist is never going to be tiny, my glutes are never going the melt the internet, and I am probably the only person on earth who started lifting and their arms got smaller! :smirk: so, unless a miracle happens I better just stick to trying to get stronger.

1 Like

You’re asking me to post pics in the buff? :wink:

1 Like

Hahahhaaaaa! Best comeback ever!

1 Like

That was very, very funny. No, I think those “progress pics” are best sent privately to Chris Colucci. He’s at mods@biotest.net

You’re Welcome, Chris.

2 Likes

One of my favorite fitness advertising tactics is for some jacked dude in his 20’s or 30’s to post before and after pictures of himself, usually to advertise an e-book, in which he uses a before picture in which he was untrained (weight trained that is), likely highly active (shooting hoops and playing other games at the local schoolyard and biking and walking everywhere), possibly underfed and underweight from such energy imbalance, and prepubescent and then goes onto say that he gained something like fifty to eighty pounds of muscle with his amazing self-prescribed programs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You saying you don’t want my e-book? :grin:

4 Likes

Remember those old m-tech ads whe the company first came out? Years later an insider spilled what went into the company owners amazing transformation -lol. Damn I have a love/hate relationship with the fitness industry.

S

1 Like

Yeah! :slight_smile:

I must be too young to remember those old before and after ads. :wink:

This one is pretty amazing if you guys haven’t seen it. Six days between the before and after. Eat a big meal, slouch, push out your belly, adopt the facial expression of someone who’s dog just died, add baggy gym shorts and terrible lighting… Then stand up straight, smile, suck in your gut, shave, flex, better lighting…

Or this one. Fifteen minute before and after. Black bikini bottom in a larger size so it isn’t cutting into her hip, self-tanning lotion, legs apart, stand up straight, pop a hip, suck in the gut, zoom out on the after pic, photo filter… Boom!

5 Likes

Umm… either I missed an announcement somewhere or that was just a peculiar choice of words.

1 Like

For sure jump into it. Like has been said, the main point is mainly to give us a kick in the ass to really buck down exactly like you said.

Something like that would be best. Individual logs in the Training Log forum for those who want to journal it that way and a separate thread (or even this one) for on-going discussion.

I don’t really see the need for another separate thread for updates, since those can take place in the person’s training log and/or the main log. Some folks may also just want to do a big reveal, picture-wise, at the end, which I’d think should be fine.

Triplets!! Haha. Nah, I was thinking this kind of transformation would be hard to beat. Unfortunately, the before pic would be circa 2003, which would be cheating. These pics are of mommy fitness blogger, Natalie Hodson.

Any new additions to our family will be more like this.

1 Like

Ah, Arrested Development–one of the funniest shows ever. PP, you never fail to impress.

1 Like

@anon71262119 -I still can’t believe you have a son in college!! You look my age but with a better body :flushed: your amazing and inspiring.

1 Like

Well, that made my week! Thank you. That’s a very sweet compliment.

You’re tall and curvy and already have some great shoulders. I’m really excited to see your progress over the first year or two. We all love to see a beginner make newbie gains. I hope you have a lot of fun with your lifting.

1 Like