Who Wants To Have A Friendly Comp Next Year?

Fiddy three - maybe I’m in, we’ll see. @ChickenLittle, age?

2 Likes

And, @Yogi1, don’t we need a Masters and SuperMasters division?

3 Likes

no divisions! How many times? Haha

The placings are like “…”

1 Like

Until we get it, lol.

What about super masters on trt? That fart on Tuesday.

Oh, and, I shrank, so now I’m only 5’11", does that get me into a different division? Old fucks shorter than 6’ on trt but not juicing, cause, you know, I do not want to go up against old fucks taller than 6 feet, or shorter than 5’9", that are juicng, and, as we all know, trt is really gear.

Got it?

Winner gets a bottle of testosterone, loser gets haggis.

Or, do I have that mixed up?

2 Likes

I’m totally up for this

this really motivated me. something to work towards.

By the time this rolls around I’ll be foady eight. Got a few months to go, so we will see.

Forgive me as I have no idea how to pose, and did not have anything on that would work for posing legs. I will put up some lower body photos as well as I would be interested in input there as well.
I have never been a physique focused athlete. However, I would have no problem improving my physique and would really enjoy this contest. I took some poor pictures of some pretend poses. Other than getting significantly leaner, what muscle groups need the most work? What would make the most dramatic physique improvements? How would you recommend bringing up these body parts?

love

Arms, without a doubt. Delts as a secondary consideration as well.

S

2 Likes

I think one of the cool side effects of this could be to get some of the more casual lifters on here (even the life long ones) into the “competitors mindset” where you really start evaluating your program, diet, time frames, etc…

It can really give you some perspective

5 Likes

I would definitely agree. 15ish inch arms aren’t doing me any favors. Do you have any favorite elbow friendly arm training movements you wouldn’t mind sharing?

Yeah, and the feedback help from some of the experienced guys here might be really cool to see. I was just planning on starting leaning out earlier and I guess I’d need to try to add some weight till it started, which I’m not super eager to do.

Is it considered cheating to just hire stu? =0)

I always found that by keeping my heavy compound work (dips, close grip benches) later in my arm sessions, that I not only didn’t have to utilize as much Weight to adequately stimulate muscle growth (“pre-exhaust”) but my joints felt much better all around.

This worked with biceps as well as triceps, using more dumbbell, cable and machine work early on, leaving the heavy (relatively of course!) barbell curls for last.

S

2 Likes

Great idea yogi!

BBing isn’t my current focus right now, but I’ve always wanted to know what it took to reach those absurd levels of leanness. Hopefully I’ll be able to learn a little bit about my body and what works best for me. I’m in! Anytime Jan 1st on will work for me.

That still gives me a couple months to dirty-bulk :wink:

1 Like

Is today your birthday? There’s a slice of deliciousness next to your name that is making me want cake.

1 Like

I dont consider myself the rule maker for this by any means, but it is alright with me if anyone doing it wants to hire a coach, and in particular Stu.

This may be something you only do once, might as well make the most of it.

5 Likes

It’s someone’s way of implyin I’m nowhere near contest shape anymore -lol

Actually I think it was the anniversary of when the site has me first logged in. If so, I’m sure it’s a slice of protein cake.

S

Maybe this will motivate me to try harder. I’m in.

Nice, I really think this could be a great thing for a lot of people (me included)

I have already started getting in that competitors mindset … pushing a few more reps out, thinking about my training more, etc…

@Yogi1 - I think we could make an “official” announcement thread on December 1’st to let everyone know about it, and then an official Competition thread on Jan 1’st where the majority of the talk will happen. Might have to set up some guidelines so 20 people arent posting their meal plans every day, but other than that I think that should cut it.

2 Likes