Who Uses Malto and Dextrose?

[quote]Uscumla Beograd wrote:
I have just read Berardi solving postworkot puzzle , he said that we shold drink another shake 30-60min. after postworkout shake and that shake should be the same as first postworkout shake , my question is can I use dextrose in this second shake(ofcourse with hydolisate whey)?[/quote]

Id rather see you do ONE PWO shake and a REAL food meal carb and protein and Good fats. fruits veggies, etc.

Real food is a MUST!!

Berardi said this :

But since strength athletes don’t deplete their glycogen stores as badly as endurance athletes, they would need fewer total calories. With this said, I believe it’s reasonable to suggest that a strength athlete consume one meal of 0.8g of carbohydrate and 0.4 g of protein / kg of body weight immediately after training.

This means that the 154 lb weight lifter would need 56 g of carbs and 28 g of protein while the 220 lb weight lifter would need about 80 g of carbs and 40 g of protein after a weight-training workout. Since glycogen synthesis rates are so high in strength athletes, they would only need to consume this type of meal immediately after the workout and then resume normal eating about 2-3 hours later.

If the strength athlete is in a bulking cycle,:))) the post-workout recommendations would include 2 servings of recommended formula (((:, one immediately after training and one 30-60 minutes later. Normal eating could be resumed 2-3 hours later.

What do you think about this part of article ?

[quote]Uscumla Beograd wrote:
Berardi said this :

But since strength athletes don’t deplete their glycogen stores as badly as endurance athletes, they would need fewer total calories. With this said, I believe it’s reasonable to suggest that a strength athlete consume one meal of 0.8g of carbohydrate and 0.4 g of protein / kg of body weight immediately after training.

This means that the 154 lb weight lifter would need 56 g of carbs and 28 g of protein while the 220 lb weight lifter would need about 80 g of carbs and 40 g of protein after a weight-training workout.

Since glycogen synthesis rates are so high in strength athletes, they would only need to consume this type of meal immediately after the workout and then resume normal eating about 2-3 hours later.

If the strength athlete is in a bulking cycle,:))) the post-workout recommendations would include 2 servings of recommended formula (((:, one immediately after training and one 30-60 minutes later. Normal eating could be resumed 2-3 hours later.

What do you think about this part of article ? [/quote]

OK thats great. I agree I suupose if you are on a “bulking cycle” and are one of the many as of late who just dont seem to be able to eat real food. Then two instead of th one Serving of Surge would be great!.

Better yet IMO I say we extend this window as the newer research of Peri. workout is proving. Extend it to the pre workout nutrition. What is working great for me is a serving (2 scoops) Surge 20 minutes prior through the first 10-15 mins of my 1 hour long w/o. This has the carbs and aminos present when they can do there most work.

As the damage/depeletion occurs. Halting a good bit of catabolism as it begins. Stopping excessive protein breakdown in the muscles and giving great energy for the work out as well.

The at completion I either have another serving of Surge or even more often a Scoop of Grow! and a simple carb source like a cereal or gains. then an Hour later a mnice mixed meal with MEAT veggies, fruit and good fats.

There its ALL covered. LOL

Thats my take,
Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
Uscumla Beograd wrote:
Berardi said this :

This means that the 154 lb weight lifter would need 56 g of carbs and 28 g of protein while the 220 lb weight lifter would need about 80 g of carbs and 40 g of protein after a weight-training workout.

Since glycogen synthesis rates are so high in strength athletes, they would only need to consume this type of meal immediately after the workout and then resume normal eating about 2-3 hours later.

What do you think about this part of article ?

OK thats great. I agree I suupose if you are on a “bulking cycle” and are one of the many as of late who just dont seem to be able to eat real food. Then two instead of th one Serving of Surge would be great!.

Better yet IMO I say we extend this window as the newer research of Peri. workout is proving. Extend it to the pre workout nutrition. What is working great for me is a serving (2 scoops) Surge 20 minutes prior through the first 10-15 mins of my 1 hour long w/o. This has the carbs and aminos present when they can do there most work.

As the damage/depeletion occurs. Halting a good bit of catabolism as it begins. Stopping excessive protein breakdown in the muscles and giving great energy for the work out as well.

The at completion I either have another serving of Surge or even more often a Scoop of Grow! and a simple carb source like a cereal or gains. then an Hour later a mnice mixed meal with MEAT veggies, fruit and good fats.

There its ALL covered. LOL

Thats my take,
Phill

[/quote]

Ok I see , but my main question is can I use dextrose in that second PW shake ?

I also use hydrolisate whey before workout .

I can’t use Surge because in my country I can’t buy Surge so I must mix hydrolisate whey with dextrose.

I take 2 waterbottles so i don’t have to mix whey with dextrose(too sweet). one has a little gatorade and dextrose and the other is whey. You also drink a lot more fluid this way.

[quote]Hawkson101 wrote:
I take 2 waterbottles so i don’t have to mix whey with dextrose(too sweet). one has a little gatorade and dextrose and the other is whey. You also drink a lot more fluid this way.[/quote]

read the part of Berardi article that I have posted , you have to mix dextrose and whey .

but my question is about second PW shake .

[quote]
Ok I see , but my main question is can I use dextrose in that second PW shake ?

I also use hydrolisate whey before workout .

I can’t use Surge because in my country I can’t buy Surge so I must mix hydrolisate whey with dextrose.[/quote]

Can?? Yes

Should?? Need or even Optimal?? Maybe not.