Who the F**K is B.o.B.?

guess I found my answer!!

[quote]LarryDavid wrote:
How guys who bash Kanye West and Lil Wayne as commercial crap can come out and call Kid Cudi a talented artist and someone who might help save hip hop is beyond me… aside from a good ear for beats and being able to sing a hook there’s not much to Cudi- flow, lyrics, concept, songwriting, he’s got nothing those two don’t do better. Hipster-rap is all it is. If he were platinum selling the same people would probably say he was crap.

Regarding B.o.B… he’s not a great rapper but he’s definitely not a bad rapper. When he hits, he can make really great “hip-pop” songs that are accessible without sounding contrived. When he misses, well, there’s that song on the album with Rivers Cuomo [from Weezer]. “Who the Fuck is B.o.B.?” is the name of one of his mixtapes too, I think. [/quote]

Larry, I agree that Cudi’s not a great [or maybe even good] lyricist, but neither were the Beastie Boys and they’re pretty well regarded. Cudi has killer beats, good delivery and seems to have fun with what he’s doing. He’s not like the two douches you listed who both call themselves “the best rapper alive” while spitting nursery rhymes or spaceman nonsense that doesn’t make any fucking sense. I’ve listened to a fair amount of Cudi’s stuff and he’s got a mellow vibe that puts me on recline, whereas the other two clowns generally irritate the fuck out of me. Cudi’s probably not on Lupe Fiasco’s level, but he definitely brings something to the table.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
There was a period of about 5 years where I pretty much hated the fact that there was nothing I considered unique in music. It was as if the talent for being creative had been sucked out of the music industry in favor of ring tones and the lyrical depth of “drop it like it’s hot”. Groups like OutKast were one of the few groups not afraid to take risks in music.

I got B.O.B.'s last album on a whim and I am impressed.

Is “music” returning to hip-hop/pop music?

Or am I alone in thinking this?[/quote]
Ewwwwwwwwww. He was on Ellen Degenerate. He’s clearly lost all street cred.

Cudi is emo rap

Perfect to listen while bleeding in your bathtub

[quote]SSC wrote:
My sister turned me on to this one, I know it’s not ACTUALLY B.O.B., but…

Travie McCoy: Billionaire ft. Bruno Mars [OFFICIAL VIDEO] - YouTube [/quote]

I have buddys I would NEVER say this in front of, but that song is fire.

That one kid can sign like no other, god damn those are some lungs.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]LarryDavid wrote:
How guys who bash Kanye West and Lil Wayne as commercial crap can come out and call Kid Cudi a talented artist and someone who might help save hip hop is beyond me… aside from a good ear for beats and being able to sing a hook there’s not much to Cudi- flow, lyrics, concept, songwriting, he’s got nothing those two don’t do better. Hipster-rap is all it is. If he were platinum selling the same people would probably say he was crap.

Regarding B.o.B… he’s not a great rapper but he’s definitely not a bad rapper. When he hits, he can make really great “hip-pop” songs that are accessible without sounding contrived. When he misses, well, there’s that song on the album with Rivers Cuomo [from Weezer]. “Who the Fuck is B.o.B.?” is the name of one of his mixtapes too, I think. [/quote]

Larry, I agree that Cudi’s not a great [or maybe even good] lyricist, but neither were the Beastie Boys and they’re pretty well regarded. Cudi has killer beats, good delivery and seems to have fun with what he’s doing. He’s not like the two douches you listed who both call themselves “the best rapper alive” while spitting nursery rhymes or spaceman nonsense that doesn’t make any fucking sense. I’ve listened to a fair amount of Cudi’s stuff and he’s got a mellow vibe that puts me on recline, whereas the other two clowns generally irritate the fuck out of me. Cudi’s probably not on Lupe Fiasco’s level, but he definitely brings something to the table.[/quote]

Honestly bro, this post doesn’t make much sense at all.

The Beastie Boys got their start in the mid-80s, and weren’t slouches lyrically compared to their contemporaries. And Ad-Rock is a beast on the mike, even now, lol.

"I come from Cleveland
Ya’ll can really hear it now.

Hit 'em like comic books,
Kaboom powpow"

• the opening lines from the Cudi song you linked-- and the lyrics don’t get any better. Those lines are “nursery rhymes” more than any Lil Wayne song, and there aren’t any rappers that can be described with “spaceman nonsense that doesn’t make sense” better than Cudi. He called his album “Man on the Moon” for Chrissakes, that and being a lonely emo stoner is all he talks about. Lil Wayne and Kanye do not rap about spaceman nonsense either- not sure where you got that from. I won’t even discuss the lyrics to the song that other guy posted here, other than saying 50 emo bands do it better.

And if you like his off-delivery that can sound half-sung at times, you should really check out the guy who made that kind of rapping commercially viable again. His name’s Lil Wayne.

As far as him having his own kind of sound goes, yeah, he’s definitely got that. I have A Kid Named Cudi, Dat Kid from Cleveland, and Man on the Moon, and even though the concept and lyrics fail so hard, they can be great listens. Conceptually though, Lil Wayne and Devin the Dude do his thing way better than he does, in different ways respectively.

BTW if you like Lupe Fiasco, check out J. Cole. I’ve recommended him to two Lupe fans I know and now they’re bigger fans of him that I am.

The Warm Up is the name of one of is mixtapes. He’s on Jay-Z’s record label right now, working on his debut album.

Eminem’s album just leaked and it’s a disappointment, not much better than Relapse and not worth making a thread about. Ugh. He needs to make like Mark Walburg and get into acting instead.

Kid cudi > then all

Saw B.o.B. at Coachella on the last day right before I left and was blown away. His live show is damn good (seen him once since then :)).

B.o.B. >>> Kid Cudi

[quote]Agressive Napkin wrote:
Saw B.o.B. at Coachella on the last day right before I left and was blown away. His live show is damn good (seen him once since then :)).

B.o.B. >>> Kid Cudi[/quote]

Agreed. I am just not feeling the “Kid Cudi” movement. B.o.B is on another level, one that Andre 3000 may have pioneered first but the dude is running with it.

B.o.B is definitely my favorite up and coming MC. He’s drawn comparisons to Andre 3k but personally, I think he’s even better lyrically and his flow is soothing.

He’s the future of hip-hop. I actually thought Lupe was gonna be the one but he fell off. Drake’s rhymes are too elementary and Hamilton is weird, and not in a good way.

And… anyone know what happened to Asher Roth? Dude was nice with his debut album.

BTW, Distant Relatives is CLASSIC!! Nas is still GOAT :smiley:

Drake is impressing me lately. I didn’t like him at first but he’s getting clever now. My favorite MC at the moment.

[quote]iflyboats wrote:
Drake is impressing me lately. I didn’t like him at first but he’s getting clever now. My favorite MC at the moment.[/quote]

How’re you going to say the Em album was shit and then say Drake is hot?

SMH

[quote]EurekaBulldogLaw wrote:

[quote]iflyboats wrote:
Drake is impressing me lately. I didn’t like him at first but he’s getting clever now. My favorite MC at the moment.[/quote]

How’re you going to say the Em album was shit and then say Drake is hot?

SMH[/quote]

He listened to both records, that`s how…

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Hamburger[/quote]

BTW, if youre a big Outkast fan -even if its mainly for 3 Stacks- it might interest you that Big Boi is releasing a solo album in the first week of July. It`s called Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty.

Around half the record`s leaked, you can find some of the songs on youtube.

Some MC’s you might be interested in if you’re Lupe and B.o.B. fans

Dyme Def:

Wale:

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:

[quote]TheJonty wrote:
Saw the thread title and my first thought was you were talking about the Born On Board NPCs from the Marathon series.[/quote]

Battery operated boyfriend, here.[/quote]

hee hee hee

Everybody either missed this, ignored it, didn’t think it was funny, or doesn’t know what it means.