Who Takes This GNC Supp?

hi… who among here takes this supplement? I just bought one a while ago. Out of curiosity, I checked it in the internet to see what specific benefits i can get from taking such. But I found nothing which is exactly the same with what I bought. I neither found a GNC product which is being offered in exactly 100 tablets nor a GNC box with a “Timed Release” in front.

it says in front of the box,

GNC
Timed Release
Mega Men
Dietary Supplement

The Premium multiple vitamin and mineral supplement formulated for men
with nutraseal freshness coating

no sugar, no artificial colors,
no preservatives, no wheat
no dairy.

100 Tablets

Is this just a new packaging? or what?

I also checked the supplement facts of GNC products here in the internet. and it’s not exactly the same. now, I’m trying to think it’s fake! lol…

Just in case you’ve already used this, what improvements, side effects, etc. would I expect? dont you feel drowsy after taking it? I’m also prone to getting stressed… would this help? another thing is i’m just 20… would this be suitable for me?

It’s just a multi-vitamin. Nothing really fantastic is going to come from it. Eat lots of veggies a fruits and supplement individually what ever you are lacking. (Probably Zinc and Magnesium. ZMA anyone?)

i take that multi for the past year or so and the timed release is likely just a marketing buzzword

I never was a fan of GNC. I guess it’s just me.

The thing that is good about Mega Men is that it doesn’t contain iron. Taking multi’s designed for a female is not good for men.

GNC is shit. You can never be certain that what you pay for is necessarily what you’re getting. The FDA doesn’t moniter what they consider “nutritional supplements” so you can never be sure its safe, considering the fact that most of this stuff comes from China. Go with a trusted supplier.

[quote]The Greek wrote:
GNC is shit. You can never be certain that what you pay for is necessarily what you’re getting. The FDA doesn’t moniter what they consider “nutritional supplements” so you can never be sure its safe, considering the fact that most of this stuff comes from China. Go with a trusted supplier. [/quote]

I have to disagree with you because under the same logic NO supplements are safe and the FDA gets it wrong more then they get it right. Example; How much Beef, Vegetables and Fish have been pulled or proven unsafe in the past year? How many tubs of protein powder for the same reason?

GNC does have high quality standards and are inspected by the NSF for purity and content accuracy. Their Multi’s certainly are not has hardcore as say, AnimalPak, but that doesn’t mean they don’t fit the clean bill of health for many individuals.

More product returns have been transacted from Vitamin Shoppe then GNC since someone decided to keep tabs on them. I’ll supply a citation as soon as I get some sleep…

I used to take a multi, thinking it would replace what I was missing in my diet. Ever since Biotest came out with Superfood, that replaced the multi I was taking forever.

[quote]duke6j wrote:
I used to take a multi, thinking it would replace what I was missing in my diet. Ever since Biotest came out with Superfood, that replaced the multi I was taking forever.[/quote]

I never thought of it that way, but I’ll bet you’re right.

[quote]The Greek wrote:
GNC is shit. You can never be certain that what you pay for is necessarily what you’re getting. The FDA doesn’t moniter what they consider “nutritional supplements” so you can never be sure its safe, considering the fact that most of this stuff comes from China. Go with a trusted supplier. [/quote]

GNC is indeed shit. They are essentially an overpriced, marketing machine with useless employees. Save your money and shop online…

Go with NOW Adam if you want a quality multi-vitamin for men.

THere’s so much conflicting info about whether you should take a multi or not that I just grab a CVS version of Centrum for a couple of bucks and try to eat healthy otherwise.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
THere’s so much conflicting info about whether you should take a multi or not that I just grab a CVS version of Centrum for a couple of bucks and try to eat healthy otherwise.

S
[/quote]

I do the same. I tried mega men years ago, and all it did was turn my piss bright yellow.

animal pak is the shit :smiley:

[quote]BigBen72 wrote:
The Mighty Stu wrote:

S

I do the same. I tried mega men years ago, and all it did was turn my piss bright yellow. [/quote]

Me too. Saved good money on the electric bill though…

[quote]Thomas Gabriel wrote:
The thing that is good about Mega Men is that it doesn’t contain iron. Taking multi’s designed for a female is not good for men. [/quote]

iron affects the absorption of zinc and calcium, men only need 8mg of iron a day and most of us get it, thus is why they dont put iron in their multi-vit, nutrition 101