Who Takes Supergreens/Greens + ??

I’ve been gearing up to V-diet to drop a few lbs and thought adding supergreens would be a lovely addition to the morning shake. Who doesn’t like a chocolate shake with a hint of dirt and fish oil?

My real question is, am I overdoing it with vitamins & minerals? I’m already taking a super multivitamin, plus all the v&m’s in Metabolic Drive, plus now the supergreens.

I do drink a ton of water, I’m 5’3 135ish. Here’s the makeup of the supergreens (scroll down for supp facts) :

And here’s the multi V:

www.amazon.com/Vitamin-Shoppe-Mega-Vites-300-tablets/dp/B00012NH48/ref=sr_1_4/104-3118131-2109558?ie=UTF8&m=A26XED0S1E7AO&s=hpc&qid=1186708280&sr=1-4

And well, you know what’s in Metabolic Drive…

Any thoughts?

It kind of depends on your state of health, and your nature.

I am coming back from fatigue, an impaired digestive system (thus possibly vitamin deficient). I also am prone to overtraining and stress. Therefore I am really overdoing it on vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin C and the B vitamins.

The V-Diet (or any very low carb diet) is stressful for anyone, so probably is a good idea to up C and Bs a little anyway (though not as much as I am). The extra minerals may be nice if you think you are flushing too many from the water dropping out of your body. I have an active job and sweat out minerals besides.

If you are more the opposite than you may very well not need the greens.

On the other hand, the greens might aid general cleansing/detoxifying going on.

Bottom line, if I could afford them or if I really needed them I would say buy them. They are very much a luxury item in my opinion though considering all the other supps going into this diet in my opinion though.

I hope all of that rambling helped somewhere in the middle.

Overkill dude. Toss the Multi, or only take once every 3 days or so. The mixed greens has plenty of what you need and that particular one too much. Go with this brand. Much better formulation, IMO the best on the market now,and it does not taste bad.

I have quit taking a multi and just use a scoop of Greens Plus in my morning Metabolic Drive shake. I also try to get a healthy load of fruit and vegetables in my meals daily.

D

I wouldn’t take the multi and greens at the same time. I have greens plus in my morning shake then take a multi vitamin in the afternoon.

Greens help (a little) to offset the negative effects high amounts of protein in our bodybuilding diets. High Protein makes the body environment quite acidic, so a good greens supplement can help make the body more alkaline, helping in much more improved energy. I take the GNC maximum greens, but plan to change from that crap very soon, to some more realer greens.

i take greens and a multi plus many others. i dont think what you are doing is overkill. ive taken much more personaly and know people who take alot more than me. im very healthy i havent been sick in i dont know how long but every ones differant.

cool avi moon knight i used to read those comics some times i still do.

I eat three servings of organic green veggies every day and also use a full serving of Greens+. I stopped taking a daily multvitamin about 6 months ago when I added the Greens+. Overall, I feel healthier than before. I feel it’s worth it.

[quote]flightposite wrote:
i take greens and a multi plus many others. i dont think what you are doing is overkill. ive taken much more personaly and know people who take alot more than me. im very healthy i havent been sick in i dont know how long but every ones differant.

cool avi moon knight i used to read those comics some times i still do.[/quote]

What do you think you are benefiting by taking all that? Do you think the body does better with massive amounts of nutrients? What else do you take?

So does Greens + have any taste…it sounds like most people are mixing with their morning protein…that pretty standard?

[quote]mattnxtc wrote:
So does Greens + have any taste…it sounds like most people are mixing with their morning protein…that pretty standard? [/quote]

Many people do not like the taste of greens products. Many compare the taste to dirt or grass. Some just can not stand the taste even mixed with other stuff, and others become used to the flavor fairly quick.

There is a fairly new good one called Emerald Balance which most people feel tastes the best. Some brands can be taken in pill form also.

WEll how has emerald balance stacked up against the other brands like Green+

Greens products tastes absolutely horrible. They ruin shakes in my opinion and are absolutely impossible to take as “shooter” if you mix it in 4 oz of water or so. They sell them in pills which is what I take.

Also, Chris has mentioned that those on the V-diet for behavioral changes might do best to leave veggies out of the diet except for the solid meal. This reinforces the behavioral change by making veggies a “treat”, and by week 4 or 5 you should conditioned to just salivate and the smell of broccoli Pavlov style.

I’m in the last week of the VDiet, and I’ve been taking greens+ and a multi every day. Maybe it’s overkill, but going from my normal diet, where I eat some kind of fruit and/or vegetable with every meal, I didn’t feel comfortable going to nothing but flax, fishoil and Low-Carb Metabolic Drive.

And I can report that cravings for normal food are incredibly high, even with the greens+. Also, I like the taste of greeens+, it’s like green tea.

Berry Blast Greens+ and vanilla Metabolic Drive taste amazing together.
Does anyone notice any benefit from taking Greens+? I know it is highly praised on this site by a few authors, but I really don’t notice anything from it. I can take a tablespoon per day for a month or two, then quit taking it and I feel the same when on it as off it.

I would really like a Biotest Greens product geared towards athletes and those looking to better their physique. Are there any updates on such a product?