Who Stretches After/During/Before Training?

[quote]crod266 wrote:
Player wrote:
crod266 wrote:
Thib always says it furthur damages the muscle and prolonges recovery to do static stretching post workout. I use Eric Cressey’s dynamic mobility warm up before I train

Really? I didn’t no that, does he say why?

No but hes said ti a couple times, he quote and old french guy I think but yes it does make it clear that once the muscle is damaged from working out it damages it more by stretching it and therefore makes recovery time longer. He only advocates mobility drills as warm ups or cool down or wat ever

[/quote]

The idea is that static stretching is basically an isometric contraction in an elongated position, which can be damaging to the muscles. At the end of a workout, the idea should be to stop any more damage and start getting cortisol levels down, through PWO food/shakes, relaxing, etc.

Like I said, 2 schools of thought.

I do very light dynamic stretches after my warmup, but no static holds until after the workout is done.

I use dynamic stretching/mobility stuff for the body parts I’m working in a particular session prior to the actual workout. I’ve pulled/strained a few muscles in the past, but not a single one since I started doing a “proper warm-up”. Take that for what it’s worth.

I always stretch my lats between sets of pull ups and to a lesser frequency, during rows.

My lats are a “stronger” point, so maybe it works, maybe its genetics, who knows.

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
I always stretch my lats between sets of pull ups and to a lesser frequency, during rows.

My lats are a “stronger” point, so maybe it works, maybe its genetics, who knows.[/quote]

John Parillo had people do this for a reason, I don’t think it’s coincidence.

its bad to stretch a cold muscle, what works really well for me is to stretch after my warm up sets, and sometimes in between sets. this increases the mind/muscle link as well. after workouts stretching the entire body is beneficial as well, for me.

[quote]crod266 wrote:
Thib always says it furthur damages the muscle and prolonges recovery to do static stretching post workout. I use Eric Cressey’s dynamic mobility warm up before I train[/quote]

That’s interesting. Can you point me towards where this was discussed?

I’ve lifted for about three years and this last year I’ve focused more on stretching and I feel less residual soreness now. I do about 20 minutes of stretching a couple (2-3) times a week after my workout.

I use streaching after each set becouse it helps to pump more blood to muscles and it helps them to grow alot easyer, after streaching the fiber thats calld ( mantle ) gives more room to muscles to grow ( streach should take from 15-30 sec )