Who Started the Current War in Gaza?

the way I read this article is that this is the new way Israel intends to do business . It may work fine for possibly even a long while but some day the scale will tip in Palestines’s favor

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]lou21 wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
It began when Hamas condoned the kidnapping and murder of 3 Israeli students.[/quote]

does Israel know who killed the 3 boys?
[/quote]

Not as far as they have stated publically.[/quote]

so it could have been an Israeli that killed them ?
[/quote]

Probably not. It was probably a Palestinian. (I say this just based on motive and opportunity; two of them were settlers so there is a motive and they were in the West Bank so there is an opportunity.)

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

the way I read this article is that this is the new way Israel intends to do business . It may work fine for possibly even a long while but some day the scale will tip in Palestines’s favor [/quote]

Interesting article.

[quote]lou21 wrote:

[quote]Gkhan wrote:

[quote]lou21 wrote:
Edited almost immediately.

The murders were in the West Bank and Hamas don’t seem to have had any connection with them.[/quote]

This gives a pretty good time line of the events leading up to the current conflict…and yes, the deaths of the 3 students were involved in the build up…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_kidnapping_and_murder_of_Israeli_teenagers[/quote]

No this article relates to the murder of three Israeli teenagers. Whilst a disgusting crime this took place in the West Bank, we still don’t know who did it and almost certainly did not involve any of the 1500 odd people Israel have killed in Gaza.

Furthermore it did not involve Hamas

[/quote]

Then why did they arrest several members of Hamas who were involved? And even if they later found out hamas was not involved as it states in the articles you posted, it does not negate the fact that the violence was sparked by the kidnapping and murder of the 3 students, followed by rocket attacks on Israel from Gaza when IDF moved in to search for suspects.

From the article YOU posted :

“The recent explosion of violence in Gaza may have been initially sparked by false or inaccurate claims, according to Israeli police.”

So even if they were false claims, the violence was still started by the 3 murders. Or is your own article somehow false?

[quote]lou21 wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
It began when Hamas condoned the kidnapping and murder of 3 Israeli students.[/quote]

[/quote]

Then you did not read the article I posted. It lists several people Israel thought were involved.

[quote]lou21 wrote:

Could Israel’s attack on Gaza have anything at all to do with this?[/quote]

edit: read it wrong…possibly.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]lou21 wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]Gkhan wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

As long as we’re speculating and throwing out made up facts, I guess you’re right, it could have been anybody. How about a French serial killer on vacation, for instance?

[quote]Gkhan wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]lou21 wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:

[quote]Gkhan wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

As long as we’re speculating and throwing out made up facts, I guess you’re right, it could have been anybody. How about a French serial killer on vacation, for instance?[/quote] absolutely , I was just trying to dispel the notion that this Palestinian Massacre has nothing to do with these 3 murders

I know it is a conspiracy , but I will personally watch

[quote]Gkhan wrote:

[quote]lou21 wrote:

[quote]Gkhan wrote:

[quote]lou21 wrote:
Edited almost immediately.

The murders were in the West Bank and Hamas don’t seem to have had any connection with them.[/quote]

This gives a pretty good time line of the events leading up to the current conflict…and yes, the deaths of the 3 students were involved in the build up…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_kidnapping_and_murder_of_Israeli_teenagers[/quote]

No this article relates to the murder of three Israeli teenagers. Whilst a disgusting crime this took place in the West Bank, we still don’t know who did it and almost certainly did not involve any of the 1500 odd people Israel have killed in Gaza.

Furthermore it did not involve Hamas

[/quote]

Then why did they arrest several members of Hamas who were involved? And even if they later found out hamas was not involved as it states in the articles you posted, it does not negate the fact that the violence was sparked by the kidnapping and murder of the 3 students, followed by rocket attacks on Israel from Gaza when IDF moved in to search for suspects.

From the article YOU posted :

“The recent explosion of violence in Gaza may have been initially sparked by false or inaccurate claims, according to Israeli police.”

So even if they were false claims, the violence was still started by the 3 murders. Or is your own article somehow false?[/quote]

They initially interned several hundred people who they thought were Hamas in the West Bank. Unless they thought that 300 odd people had been involved in the murders this implies that they didn’t know who did anything at that stage and just rounded up anyone who’s face didn’t look right.

NO the rocket attacks from Hamas in Gaza as the article I posted at the start of this thread stated started when Israel launched air-strikes against Gaza.

Fair enough, but the rocket attacks were in retaliation for the arrests, which were in retaliation to the murder of the 3 students.

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
Fair enough, but the rocket attacks were in retaliation for the arrests, which were in retaliation to the murder of the 3 students.[/quote]

No the rockets were in retaliation to an F16 firing rockets at Gaza. See first article.

Of course there is wider context. My point in starting this thread is that Hamas (bad as they are) have shown some willingness to compromise in the last couple of years and Israel have been the ones who escalated this particular phase of the cycle of violence.

this (except allegedly is bollocks they were clearly abducted and murdered).

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
I know it is a conspiracy , but I will personally watch

this article backs up the claim

Natural gas , who’ld a thunk it