Who Started Out as a Fat Ass?

[quote]Mr.Purple wrote:
Squiggles wrote:
I was pushing up towards 350 when I started, about 200lbs lighter now, lightyears stronger and faster and healthier and happier.

Also, check out Larry Jrs pics, truly awesome: http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/pictures_pics_photo_body_image_performance/larryjr_before_after_pics

Wow…[/quote]

I am truly astonished and amazed at the transformation. One friend at the gym, showed me his before after pictures… He was 210 pounds, but now is 150, and wants to be 140. He said he just wanted to be skinny and toned, not big and ripped.

I thought I was a fatass but people who know say I wasn’t that bad. In the past 18 months I’ve dropped 8 inches off my waist and had a net loss of maybe ten pounds.

The picture I have of myself at my fattest still makes me cringe, and I think it looks like I was bigger and heavier than the measurements I have but who knows, maybe I didn’t have the guts to take proper measurements and squeezed the measuring tape tight. I think the weight is suspect too. That’s what I have written in the spreadsheet though!

Only upon reflection do I realize how much worse I looked than I thought! I put on the weight over the last five years spending too many hours on the job and living of very little food but all crap and although I have always been active it wasn’t enough.

As much as I hate to here’s a link to a pic:

STILL AM

started at 190 fat/skinny fat at 190
ended at a fat 260

I still think it was worth it though. I got my squat near the 5 plate mark, dead is already there, and bench is around d 360-370. 315x8. All these lifts were AT LEAST doubled. Bench is closer to 2.5.

I don’t think I’d be there without the visit to burger king once in a while.

I wasn’t a “fatass” but I wasn’t pretty

Before T-Nation… After T-Nation.

[quote]debraD wrote:
I thought I was a fatass but people who know say I wasn’t that bad. In the past 18 months I’ve dropped 8 inches off my waist and had a net loss of maybe ten pounds.

The picture I have of myself at my fattest still makes me cringe, and I think it looks like I was bigger and heavier than the measurements I have but who knows, maybe I didn’t have the guts to take proper measurements and squeezed the measuring tape tight. I think the weight is suspect too. That’s what I have written in the spreadsheet though!

Only upon reflection do I realize how much worse I looked than I thought! I put on the weight over the last five years spending too many hours on the job and living of very little food but all crap and although I have always been active it wasn’t enough.

As much as I hate to here’s a link to a pic:

[/quote]

Wow! you look GREAT now! At least your back does… :slight_smile: Great job! :smiley:

Thank you!!! :smiley:

I like to think the front looks much better now too :slight_smile:

I would imagine so… :slight_smile:

[quote]ahzaz wrote:
Mr.Purple wrote:
230 lbs 87% body fat

What are you, a two foot midget?[/quote]

Yes, I am.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
I doubt many here “started” out fat. More like you didn’t do anything and ate like shit. Just a hunch :smiley:

kudos though on improvement. [/quote]

I don’t understand this comment. I was looking for people that where fat when they started lifting seriously. And I was specifically looking for people who have built large physiques after starting out fat. Obviously anyone who started out fat would have had lousy eating habits.

[quote]esk221 wrote:
Before T-Nation… After T-Nation.[/quote]

Nice job, esk.

When I came to T-Nation I was 6’2" 290lbs of fat bastard, cut down to 214lbs and was skinny fat, bulked back to 237lbs and am working off the excess fat now. Got a long way to go before I’ll be happy, doubt I’ll ever be content.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
I doubt many here “started” out fat. More like you didn’t do anything and ate like shit. Just a hunch :smiley:

kudos though on improvement. [/quote]

Some of us did. By the time I was old enough to know what fat meant, I was fat. Took a long time for me to care enough to do anything about it. Then I got comfortable with just building muscle and let everything else go. Then I got into competitive bench pressing, and a huge gut is useful there.

It took health problems to really wake me up.

However, I think the OP was asking on the basis of who started their “working-out” life from being a fat bastard, as opposed to a skinny bastard.

[quote]slattimer wrote:

However, I think the OP was asking on the basis of who started their “working-out” life from being a fat bastard, as opposed to a skinny bastard.

[/quote]

That is correct.

Began in January of 2004 at ~5’11, 240lbs at the age of 15, all fat, gyno, stretch marks, etc. I cut(see starved and ran) my way to 135-140, before touching the iron in 06-07.

Now I’m at ~6’2"(in shoes), 213lbs, at 20 years of age.

[quote]aznt0rk wrote:

I am truly astonished and amazed at the transformation. One friend at the gym, showed me his before after pictures… He was 210 pounds, but now is 150, and wants to be 140. He said he just wanted to be skinny and toned, not big and ripped.[/quote]

Did you punch him in the face?