Who Should Play the New Batman?

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:
I actually think I’d really like to see Fassbender’s take on Batman, I can imagine it being incredible under the right guidance.[/quote]

I hate when they play 2 roles like Captain America the human torch.

Fassbender would be magneto and batman? hmmm

They should have The Rock play Batman lol he seems to be every fucking movie at the moment. [/quote]

Yeah I had that reservation too, but I guess there’s a lot of rehashing along the upper line every now and again. Either risk taking someone in for another superhero role or putting all your eggs in one basket looking for new up and comers.

I kind of like the idea of Ryan Gosling, but he’s starting to go a little overboard with the artsy silent type, I think I’d rather just see him blabber on for a few films before he takes another shot at that, which he likely would be doing if he were to play Batman.

Bradley Cooper would probably make an excellent Bruce Wayne, but he’s a little too baby faced and innocent in his portrayals to really pull of the Batman persona.

I’m intrigued by Andrew Lincoln (Rick from The Walking Dead) playing Batman, but even given his comfort in a gritty, dark, aggressive role something still seems off to me about him actually being cast.

I don’t think I can pull up anyone in my head right now that would top out over Michael Fassbender, I really think he may be one of the best options, even if he’s already played his comic book card.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Waittz wrote:
Benedict Cumberbatch[/quote]

Not bad.[/quote]

I like him a lot in Star Trek 2
He looks like a good fit and seems to have the right…personality dunno if that’s the right word but I’m going with it.

Just saying…Im just saying…Daniel Craig???
Just saying…

[quote]hipsr4runnin wrote:

They need to ship up and fly right and find a role for Ben Foster some how. Joker or riddler. The dude can play a nut for sure and the boy has depth. But I know him personally so Im biased :wink:

[/quote]

Ooh, tell him I thought he played his character really brilliantly in The Messenger, and I’m looking forward to seeing his new one with Rooney Mara and Casey Affleck, along with Kill Your Darlings. He’s a very promising actor, I’d really like to see him have a breakthrough lead in something amazing and jump to the acting forefront like Gosling and such have recently.

Just saying…Im just saying…Daniel Craig???
Just saying…[/quote]

I can see him as Batman, but something just doesn’t seem right about actually choice casting him in the role. The Bond/Wayne parallels are there, but something holds him back from really clicking with me. I bet he’d make a great villain though, probably an excellent villain in fact, dependent upon the villain of course.

I think Chris Pine would make the perfect Deadpool

If they are going the whole Dark Knight Returns route with old man Bruce coming back and staying true to the source material, I say shoot Liam Neeson up with juice and hgh and let him have at it.

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:
I actually think I’d really like to see Fassbender’s take on Batman, I can imagine it being incredible under the right guidance.[/quote]

I hate when they play 2 roles like Captain America the human torch.

Fassbender would be magneto and batman? hmmm

They should have The Rock play Batman lol he seems to be every fucking movie at the moment. [/quote]

I don’t like it either but I would love to see Mickey Roark play Eddie Brock

Damien Lewis springs to mind for some reason, but I can get behind Fassbender or Cumberbatch

Back in the day I imagined a better casting of Tim Burton’s FIRST Batman with Mel Gibson as Bruce Wayne, Demi Moore as
Vickie Vale and Michael Keaton as The Joker.

wes bentley…

though he looks an awful lot like hendry cavill methinks.

[quote]Waittz wrote:
I think Chris Pine would make the perfect Deadpool

If they are going the whole Dark Knight Returns route with old man Bruce coming back and staying true to the source material, I say shoot Liam Neeson up with juice and hgh and let him have at it.[/quote]

Can’t more BA than Liam on juice and GH

This is terrible. Why do they have to keep re-running the same superheroes? There is a reason why Batman ended, because it was time for it to end. It was an excellent series, one of the best I’ve seen that had sequels. Hollywood is exhausting its resources and frankly wasting potential.

I’m really starting to hope they don’t waste the Fassbender-Batman potential on this likely horrendous spin-off sequel. I think that would be worst case scenario for me, to know that the potential is squandered on something worthless and most likely unable to fix for the future.

Big K: I really think the dude is amazing. Im very excited to see him in Lone Survivor, as my boss served with Luttrell and we are kind of personally tied to the story.

Im probably gona get kicked in the nuts for this but Johnny Depp could make a sweet joker/riddler as well…possibly…

I do think its funny how a wide world of internet can trash on adaptations of comic to screen. Im a writer and I would be fucking terrified to take a project like that on. Take a icon to so many peoples childhoods and then shoot it for what everyone could imagine. I give As for effort, but some things, and peeps are correct do come out horrible.

The latest is: http://movies.yahoo.com/photos/batman-casting-rumors-1375718917-slideshow/batman-casting-photo-1375724563047.html#crsl=%252Fphotos%252Fbatman-casting-rumors-1375718917-slideshow%252Fplace-beyond-pines-york-premiere-20130328-213039-209.html

I can see Matthew Goode pretty well.

Scott Adkins… He is a real martial artist, has the look, and can act. For once i want a batman that is as intelligent as he is lethal.

Here is his training video.

Big K: I really think the dude is amazing. Im very excited to see him in Lone Survivor, as my boss served with Luttrell and we are kind of personally tied to the story.

Im probably gona get kicked in the nuts for this but Johnny Depp could make a sweet joker/riddler as well…possibly…

I do think its funny how a wide world of internet can trash on adaptations of comic to screen. Im a writer and I would be fucking terrified to take a project like that on. Take a icon to so many peoples childhoods and then shoot it for what everyone could imagine. I give As for effort, but some things, and peeps are correct do come out horrible.

The latest is: http://movies.yahoo.com/photos/batman-casting-rumors-1375718917-slideshow/batman-casting-photo-1375724563047.html#crsl=%252Fphotos%252Fbatman-casting-rumors-1375718917-slideshow%252Fplace-beyond-pines-york-premiere-20130328-213039-209.html

I can see Matthew Goode pretty well. [/quote]

I may check out Lone Survivor, shall keep it in my backlogs so I’m reminded of it upon release.

Depp has the insane and eccentric character down to a T by now, but I expect there would be a lot of opposition to him taking on a Joker/Riddler role at any point in the near future, it seems like too safe of an option and lacking the kind of disgusting gristle of Joker’s demeanour especially, though his Riddler could be better. It seems like the characters would need a genuine hatefulness and overbearing malevolence in them that reflects outwards through the actor, I’m not sure Depp could stand up to that ideal.

Yes, I can’t imagine a screenwriter or a director not completely confident in their abilities taking on such a grand task when faced with pleasing millions of fans. People like Nolan and Whedon know that they have what it takes to make an outstanding film (or series of films), and so I suspect anyone looking to take on a big portion of the summer market with a towering superhero flick would need to hang on to that experience and consistency to a very fine margin. Of course other people are let into the fray just to keep the trains rolling, but if it goes bad, it goes baaad. Hell, Joel Schumacher hardly ever recovered after the Batman & Robin fiasco in the late nineties, I can’t imagine the outrage that he would have had to face had he made a similar product these last few years.

I will objectively view the actors and how they play out their roles, but I’ll be damned if my predictions for this movie are not lying face down in the gutter right about now.

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
wes bentley…

though he looks an awful lot like hendry cavill methinks. [/quote]

Yeah, he wishes.

[quote]thehebrewhero wrote:
This guy is pretty good

[/quote]

That was one of the funniest fucking things I have ever seen.

Few things: I am with those that say that they don’t like reusing superhero’s (Chris Evans and Ryan Reynolds) although I can somewhat forgive it if one is DC and the other is Marvel. The Human Torch/Captain America thing bugs me. However that would eliminate Ben Foster (Archangel) from contention for bad guy roles. I also feel like Danny Huston’s crazy serial killerness was wasted on Stryker (although they have never been consistent with who played him).

The more I think about this the more it really comes down to just two guys for me and that’s Fassbender and Caviezel, with Caviezel having the slight edge, not to mention the fact that I find it a little coincidental that both him and Bale would have been Jesus and Batman. My distant third is Matthew Fox.

[quote]Quasi-Tech wrote:
This is terrible. Why do they have to keep re-running the same superheroes? There is a reason why Batman ended, because it was time for it to end. It was an excellent series, one of the best I’ve seen that had sequels. Hollywood is exhausting its resources and frankly wasting potential.

[/quote]

Because the series isn’t over, just Chris Nolan’s run is.