T Nation

Who Should Be The Next James Bond?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5580675/

?

I haven’t really seen Clive Owen in action yet but he seems to fit the bill together with Hugh Jackman . My personal favorite being Hugh Jackman.

I hear a lot of people talking about Orlando Bloom but he just doesn’t seem to have it going for him with the long hair and all…

That’s just my 0,02 $ worth .

Crouching Tiger

I heard Hugh Jackman and I think that would be a good choice…

No all these guys are no good. Hugh Jackman is Australian for god’s sake. No I don’t hate antipodeans but James Bond supposed to be British. And don’t mention George Lazenby, he was the worst Bond ever!

I don’t like Clive Owen, never have. Orlando still looks like a kid. My choice would be Christian Bale. He’s actually in good enough shape to be believable and he’s a fine actor. He’s a mean dude as well if you’ve seen American Psycho.

Eric Bana(Bruce Banner from Hulk, Hector from Troy) has signed on to be the next James Bond.

I want Connery back. I don’t care if he’s 75, he’s still better than anyone else.

DI

Hey, I like the idea of Sean Connery…he’s still a major hottie!!!

james bond is outdated and overrated. it was good for its time, but really, were the last ones any good?

besides…austin powers eliminates all need for a bond.

BOURNE RULES ALL!!!

FRIGGIN’ ME!!! Except it would be Dave Bond, and I would drive an old BSA because bikes will always be cooler than cars!!!

But then again, my inability to be serious would detract from the suave attitude that makes Bond a cool guy… although I wouldn’t walk into obvious traps. Yeah I still vote for me.

-Dave Bond

[quote]ShortDave wrote:
FRIGGIN’ ME!!! Except it would be Dave Bond, and I would drive an old BSA because bikes will always be cooler than cars!!!

But then again, my inability to be serious would detract from the suave attitude that makes Bond a cool guy… although I wouldn’t walk into obvious traps. Yeah I still vote for me.

-Dave Bond[/quote]

wouldn’t that be “ShortDave Bond.”

Personally, I think Tommy Chong should star in “James Bong.”

They need a good scrip before they look for a new bond and make any more movies. If you watch any of the Pierce Brosnan era ones or even the trailer, you see explosions, shootings, varied locations, stuff jumping off other stuff, and more explosions, and a wicked chick, but you don’t know what the heck is going on. The old ones were simpler but had interesting eccentric bad guys and were cheesey enough to be cool. Heck I think Roger Moore is still good enough to do it and better than anyone they’re talking about. Connery is too old and probably has better things to do, but Moore dosen’t.

[quote]Pretzel Logic wrote:
They need a good scrip before they look for a new bond and make any more movies. If you watch any of the Pierce Brosnan era ones or even the trailer, you see explosions, shootings, varied locations, stuff jumping off other stuff, and more explosions, and a wicked chick, but you don’t know what the heck is going on. The old ones were simpler but had interesting eccentric bad guys and were cheesey enough to be cool. Heck I think Roger Moore is still good enough to do it and better than anyone they’re talking about. Connery is too old and probably has better things to do, but Moore dosen’t. [/quote]

what do you know, that’s just pretzel logic.

Jet-Li or the Rock would be cool. Not into seeing another Haole have all the good roles in Hollywood.

You need someone who “fits the part”.

Orlando Bloom, Christian Bale, and Hugh Jackman just don’t quite fit.

First of all, they’re all too young. They might be okay for the Next Next James Bond, but right now they’re too young. Bond should be a mature man (not old, but mature enough to be ‘distinguished’).

Additionally, he really should be British, and have a credible british accent.

Honestly, the best candidate I can think of. . . Daniel Day Lewis. He’s an awesome actor, he’s got the right “look”, and he’s more the right age.

Ok being Australian I am glad to see that Bana has signed on for the next james bond role, but I do agree that it should be someone british either Jason Statham or Colin Farrell, while Farrell is young he has a coolness on screen and he looks capable enough to do it. Jason Statham looks older and was cool in snatch and the transporter.

Just my 2 cents about who I would rather see playing bond. as far as bond chicks goes I would like to see someone getting nasty with Anna Kornikova or Catherine Zeta Jones, actually some hot chick from eastern europe would do.

Bourne rules all spy films anyway.

Simon

The only man I can think of who has the right look, the right accent, and can pull off those hand-to-hand action sequences convincingly is Adrian Paul ala Highlander the series.

Between Sean Connery and Roger Moore James Bond was played by Australian George Lazenby in 1969’s “On Her Majesty’s Secret Service”. So Austrlian Bond has been done. In that movie Bond is married to Diana “Emma Peel” Rigg.

However here are my votes:

(1) Paul Blackthorne - the bad guy “Saunders” from Season 3 of “24”.

(2) Billy Zane. That’s right, American actor Billy Zane.

Me!

Collin Farell?