Sheiko Master of sport Prep #2 W1/D5 BW:202 Squats, CGBP & more squats!!!
I take back what I said Wednesday about it being the hardest workout I’ve ever done because today’s session earned itself the title. On paper it looked alright but in practice I was fighting for survival by the end… I am in love with this program!
500x2x4 (FINALLY A SESSION WHERE ALL MY WORK SETS WERE TO DEPTH)
Close grip Bench (same deal as usual flat footed, speed reps long pause the last rep)
255x2x6 (smoke-show every time!)
5+x5 (these were tough because my shoulder was tightening up from the squats and reaching back hopefully next time I can feel up to adding weight, but I made every rep disgustingly deep)
Squats round 2 (this is where my brain started to tell me to stop but I ignored it and listened to Boris instead)
295x5 (hardest set of 5 I have ever done)
410x3 (easier than the first 2 sets)
470x3x5 (alright Boris now you’r just being a douche!.. but thank you for pushing me, I would’ve shut it down at 295 if I was going by how I felt)
The amount of squatting today was so crazy that I actually wore the skin off of my back where the bar sits and literally bled through my shirt. I have had callouses there for a few years but I have never bled during a workout before… Scratch one more off the bucket list as I have now bled from squatting so much!
Posedown with Robbie Chicano
Couldn’t turn down the challenge! Robbie’s a friend and training partner who’s living the bodybuilder life, he had 40 lbs and skin color (a tan) on me, but I tried to keep up with him anyway haha He’s a beast and I can’t wait to see him compete in November) I’ll upload a video of our epic duel along with the training video from today…
155x5x5 went light on these because I was already toast and tomorrow Boris want’s me to do partial dead lifts… (which will be a new experience for me since I always pull for reps from the floor or a deficit) and I wanted to save something in my back for that. Either way I’m sure I got plenty of work today
- If powerlifting meets were Squat, bench, squat again… I would probably die
- I am completely capable of burying any squat in this program provided I actually get loosened up first.
- I hate mono-lifts even when I’m just walking out the weight, as squatting free of safety racks is a new experience for me
- even when the benching is super easy it still throws off the squatting flow enough to make your body hate itself
- I continue to learn that my body is capable of much more than I give it credit for and a program like this that makes you continue to do sets even when you feel like you can’t is the kind of program that I need right now.
- I have an awesome group of lifters that I am privileged to train with and around. Even though I’m the only one running this program my training partner Benny Seath is constantly willing to stay after his session is done and help push me through mine, spotting my obscene number of squats and yelling at me the whole time Thanks to Ben, Robbie and Leland for sticking with me for the workout and pushing me today I appreciate it! Also to my Boy Cyal Christmas who has been helping me out the whole time as well
Tomorrow morning will be partial deads bench and more partial deads… I have no idea how I will feel but I’m predicting pretty sore and stiff. Good thing I’m learning that the way your body feels is a lie bring it!