Who regrets their college choice?

just play the cards you’ve been dealt… make the most of what you’ve got.

Don’t forget to make bread with the dough that you have.

Don’t cry over spilt milk.

A penny saved…

You get the idea.

I am currently in college and would have to say that I am not a fan. If it wasn’t for meeting my girlfriend, I would view my college experience as pretty much a waste. I do enjoy getting an education, and do generally enjoy acquiring knowledge, however the social scene is just not for me. My question is if you do not like it, why are you spending so much time there? I do not generally like college as a whole and therefore I am doing something about it. I am currently on track to achieve both a bachelor degree and an MBA in 4.5 years. If you don’t like it don’t cry about, do something to get out of there. I hate people that are not proactive and let shit fall where it may.

Drop out and become a pro wrestler.

I’m currently at a small, four year college, which is about 15 minutes from where I live. I have summer school and two full semersters and I’ll be finished. I like the campus and the town that the university is in.

The only regret that I have (I don't lay awake at night thinking about it) is that I never went off to school. I have several close friends that did and they thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn't go off to school for a couple reasons. One being that I had a great relationship with my girlfriend and the other was that I had a job that I enjoyed and wanted some extra money. So, I stayed around home, worked, went to school, and continued to date my girlfriend.

About the last week in January of this year, my girlfriend of over 2 years, took a high paying job in New York City as a nurse. I new she was leaving and we had come to an agreement that this was something we both could live with.

I look back at what has happened in the last several months and think "what the fuck has happened"? The "perfect relationship" I had with a fantastic women is now gone. A girl I've met recently seems to have all the great qualities my ex had but doesn't want anything more than to date. I'm also having trouble getting motivated to get school work done.

The moral of this story is that I'm in the situation I'm in because of decisions I've made. I chose to stay close to home, my ex didn't force me to. I'm allowing this girl I'm dating to brain-fuck me, and it is my own motivation to finish school, not anyone elses.

The decision is up to me to improve my life.

Dustin

Cory,

You were assuming that I was only referring to this country (u.s) when I said not everyone can afford college.
Plus, I dont consider taking out a bunch of loans being truly able to “afford” college.
I make less than 10 grand a year but I could get a loan for a $75,000 car if I wanted it. Can I afford that car?

heres my 2 cents. college is not that they show u on TV. sure there are kids who party a lot and seem like they have fun. but they have 1.5 GPAs and get pissed when they have to cram. meanwhile, i might not be getting drunk or high all the time, but i have fun in college. i lift and that makes me happy. i have friends, and that makes me happy. and i have a good GPA and that makes my parents happy. so all is good.
dont worry about college sucking, its how it is. and yes, most kids hate college.