Who Needs Ammo

Just bought a new Taurus 24/7 in 9mm and can’t find any ammo. Tried all major stores and all are out. Any suggestions?

Go to a gun show and be prepared to pay more than you should have to. Stash a few hundred rounds, and get enough more to be come proficient with it.

Check these out. I have bought some 5.56mm and .40 cal from ammoman.

1,000 rounds at Sportsman Guide is (currently) $389.97.

Cabela’s is also reliable. They are often out of stock but will fill your order within a week or two.

thanks, also getting my CCW in two weeks. Anyone else a carrier.

thanks, also getting my CCW in two weeks. Anyone else a carrier. I have hunted and handled guns shotguns, rifles and handguns since about 6 yrs old. I just feel it is better to support the law before it someone trys to take it away from US.

[quote]matt74 wrote:
thanks, also getting my CCW in two weeks. Anyone else a carrier. I have hunted and handled guns shotguns, rifles and handguns since about 6 yrs old. I just feel it is better to support the law before it someone trys to take it away from US. [/quote]

Carried pretty much my entire adult life.

Mastercast.net. Located 5 miles from the OH border. ~$200/case. $150 if you supply shell casings. I’ve never had a dud or overcharge with any of their reloads.

[quote]matt74 wrote:
thanks, also getting my CCW in two weeks. Anyone else a carrier. [/quote]

I got my CCW in December. I know I sound crazy but with all this hatered of the military going around, and a shitty economy I decided I need to start packing when I got out. The weird thing is that 40 S&W ammo seems to be pretty easy to come by.

[quote]jawara wrote:
matt74 wrote:

I got my CCW in December. I know I sound crazy but with all this hatered of the military going around, and a shitty economy I decided I need to start packing when I got out. The weird thing is that 40 S&W ammo seems to be pretty easy to come by.[/quote]

I just traded my only .40 handgun for another 9mm, and it seems many other people are doing this as well.

9mm ammo is a bit easier to find then some of the other ones. I’ve had to put the .40 S& W barrel in my G33 when I carry because I can’t get my hands on .357 sig defensive loads and the ones I had are WAY stale. Makes me nervous about the pressures shooting them.

I also just got the Ruger LCP - I keep freaking out that I left it in my pocket when I’m on campus/in class. I about pooped myself first time I thought I forgot it - then realized it was my cell phone. But .380 auto ammo is about impossible to find. I’m on a 3 month waiting list for some. Until then its about 100 rounds for me and thats it.

Ammo is about impossible to find right now aside from the gun shows. For 9mm though, try Midwayusa.com. I usually have great luck there. They are a large distributor and usually have weekly specials. Might put you on backorder for a bit though.

-Carry Ruger LCP and Glock G33

[quote]GVkid wrote:
9mm ammo is a bit easier to find then some of the other ones. I’ve had to put the .40 S& W barrel in my G33 when I carry because I can’t get my hands on .357 sig defensive loads and the ones I had are WAY stale. Makes me nervous about the pressures shooting them.

I also just got the Ruger LCP - I keep freaking out that I left it in my pocket when I’m on campus/in class. I about pooped myself first time I thought I forgot it - then realized it was my cell phone. But .380 auto ammo is about impossible to find. I’m on a 3 month waiting list for some. Until then its about 100 rounds for me and thats it.

Ammo is about impossible to find right now aside from the gun shows. For 9mm though, try Midwayusa.com. I usually have great luck there. They are a large distributor and usually have weekly specials. Might put you on backorder for a bit though.

-Carry Ruger LCP and Glock G33[/quote]

I feel you. My wife got a Bersa .380 and I cant find ammo for the life of me.

I just backordered 10 boxes of 50 from dicks sporting goods. They were running a sale for $11.99 a box. Thought that was a pretty good deal for remington 9mm fmj. I have no idea when they will be in. I did check out most of the sites that were posted and all require back order.

anyone carry in the waste band? If so what kind of holster. I’ve heard Uncle Mike’s makes a pretty good one that is clipless but has a rubber edge that keeps it still.

[quote]jawara wrote:
matt74 wrote:

I got my CCW in December. I know I sound crazy but with all this hatered of the military going around, and a shitty economy I decided I need to start packing when I got out. The weird thing is that 40 S&W ammo seems to be pretty easy to come by.[/quote]

Around where I live 40 is pretty easy. 9mm and 45 acp are tough, especially premium type of carry loads.

[quote]matt74 wrote:
I just backordered 10 boxes of 50 from dicks sporting goods. They were running a sale for $11.99 a box. Thought that was a pretty good deal for remington 9mm fmj. I have no idea when they will be in. I did check out most of the sites that were posted and all require back order.

anyone carry in the waste band? If so what kind of holster. I’ve heard Uncle Mike’s makes a pretty good one that is clipless but has a rubber edge that keeps it still.[/quote]

Uncle Mike’s stuff is crap IMO. I carry IWB, but get a quality holster and belt. I recommend Greg Kramer, butt here are other good styles and holster makers. The web addy is www.kramerleather.com.

You want a good solid loop arrangment to hold it in place and secure. You don’t want your gun and holster falling out or moving around. you’ll go to draw and if it has moved, you could be screwed.

[quote]matt74 wrote:

anyone carry in the waste band? If so what kind of holster. I’ve heard Uncle Mike’s makes a pretty good one that is clipless but has a rubber edge that keeps it still.[/quote]

The thing to watch out for with inside-the-waistband holsters is that if they’re held onto your pants by means of a clip or a rubber edge, you tend to draw your holster along with the pistol when under stress. Bad form!

Galco has an IWB holster called the “Ultimate Second Amendment” (USA) for the 24/7, featuring a hook for your belt which eliminates this problem. It also allows you to carry your pistol under a tucked-in shirt, if you so choose.

Of course, if you’re a slob who neither wears a belt nor tucks in his shirt, then you probably can’t use this holster. :stuck_out_tongue:

that is about what I’m looking for. Thanks for the info

[quote]matt74 wrote:
that is about what I’m looking for. Thanks for the info[/quote]

As an alternative to leather, Comp-Tac makes a nice inside the waistband Kydex. I’m real pleased with the way it carries my Glock 32.

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=68

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:
matt74 wrote:
that is about what I’m looking for. Thanks for the info

As an alternative to leather, Comp-Tac makes a nice inside the waistband Kydex. I’m real pleased with the way it carries my Glock 32.

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=68
[/quote]

I use Kydex almost exclusively for carry and competition these days.

Another thing about IWB holsters. Make sure it’s rgid enought o stay open after you draw. You should be able to reholster with one hand. If you can’t I’d look at other holsters to carry.