Who Measures Your Bodyfat?

Thanks for that, spect8or. I’ll give it a try as soon as I get home, as the numbers I’m getting from using my ruler aren’t very coherent.

Here’s a website that has 3 formulas to measure bodyfat:

[quote]dagztwo3 wrote:

[/quote]

That’s the site I use. I have no problems with consistency as I measure at the exact same spots each time. Since I do my own measurements, I use the “3 banger” measurements: ab, chest, thigh. I also have a Nomogram at home to calculate… it is almost exactly the same as the website above.

Tyler

Thanks for the link. I’ll have to give this one a shot the next couple of times I test myself

I measure my BF% with a weight scale that measures it, but i dont know how accurate it is. Does anyone know?

[quote]dagztwo3 wrote:

[/quote]

When measuring the abdomen, do we measure it with our stomach relaxed or flexed?

[quote]spect8or wrote:
In that respect, the most reliable method I have found is the one used by US Armed Forces.

You need three measurements and a formula.

The measurements are Height, Waist (at navel) and Neck.

(The Neck is measured at the point just above the collar bone.)

Then plug those numbers into the following formula:

BF% = 495/(1.0324-0.19077*(LOG(Navel2.54-Neck2.54))+0.15456*(LOG(Height*2.54)))-450
[/quote]

Thanks for that. I tried it, and it gives me a credible value for my BF%. I’ll be using it from now on.

[quote]loctite_zexel wrote:
dagztwo3 wrote:

When measuring the abdomen, do we measure it with our stomach relaxed or flexed?[/quote]

Everything measured is in a relaxed state.

Tyler

This is not exactly concerning bodyfat, but I am wondering where people measure the circumfrence on their thighs. There is a substantial difference between lower, mid and crotch area when i measure myself.

[quote]alfredONE wrote:
I measure my BF% with a weight scale that measures it, but i dont know how accurate it is. Does anyone know?[/quote]

This type of scale uses bio-electrical impedance. Varies greatly depending on hydration levels.

I can only assume it is either how I pinch or how I hold the caliper but I tend to get a 1-2 mm variance when I measure. I know it is not much but it does throw the bf % off by a couple points. Just do it 3 times and average…